Last updated on August 14th, 2022 at 08:57 am
Facts About Matt Goss
|Celebrated Name||Matt Goss|
|Age||54 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Matthew Weston Goss|
|Place Of Birth||Lewisham, London, England|
|Source of Wealth||Singing career|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Twitter Instagram Facebook Youtube|
Matthew Weston Goss, excellently known as Matt Goss is an English singer-songwriter and musician who comes to light being the lead singer of 1980s pop group Bros, which he co-founded Bros with his brother and Craig Logan in 1986. He had his highest charting single with "If You Were Here Tonight" in 1996. As a solo artist, he has released five studio albums and has written the theme song for "So You Think You Can Dance" which was produced by Nigel Lithgow. Matt has gained a lovely fan base on his social media as he has earned more than 182K followers on his Instagram account and over 123.4K followers on his Twitter account. Moreover, on the 8th of August 2022, Goss was announced as the eighth contestant on the 20th series of "Strictly Come Dancing".
What is Matt Goss Famous For?
- Matt is an English singer-songwriter and musician.
- He was the lead singer of the 1980s pop group Bros.
Where was Matt Goss born?
Matt Goss stepped for the very first time into the world on 29th September 1968 in Lewisham, London, England. He was born with the real name of Matthew Weston Goss in a Christian religious family. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Matt has celebrated his 53rd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Libra. He is the son of his father, Alan Goss, and his mother, Carol Philips. Matt is the twin and younger brother of Luke Goss.
Matt Goss Musical Career
- Matt Goss started his singing career as the lead singer of the English pop band, Bros whose debut album, "Push", went platinum four times, earned 8 top five hits, and remained on the U.K. charts for an astonishing 54 weeks.
- He then kicks off his solo career in 1995, and by early 2021 had released 23 singles, four of which have been Top 40 hits.
- He also worked with Paul Oakenfold on the single "Firefly" as well as it was announced in June 2009 that he would be playing live shows at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas.
- As well, he has been crowned, "The New King of Las Vegas" by his Vegas constituents whereas the Vegas show was brought to UK venues including the Royal Albert Hall (London), and Wembley Arena (London) where Matt also won the SSE Arena Award for Best Show of 2016.
- Subsequently, 2018 saw the release of the BAFTA-winning movie about his and his brother's life entitled "Bros: After the Screaming Stops".
- He recorded his version of "If I Aint Got You", which was produced by Babyface in early 2020, and announced that he will release his fifth studio album, "The Beautiful Unknown", which was originally scheduled for release in September 2021 than was put back to 19th November 2021, before being released on 25th March 2022.
- In 2021, he released two singles for the album, "The Beautiful Unknown" named "Better with You" and "Saved".
- Later Matt said he had no interest in making music or singing again, due to his rigorous schedule performing in the United States, but with the COVID-19 pandemic, Goss had a chance to reset and record again.
- He also stated he felt excited about the release of the album with the hope that the music industry takes notice of his efforts. "I want to compete with Ed Sheeran, I want to compete with The Weeknd, I want to be compete with Robbie Williams...everyone. I made this record knowing 100% that we can do that. I want to be one of the main players. No-one can say this isn't a contemporary record."
- Also, he has confirmed plans to reunite with brother Luke on an "outrageous" Bros comeback album and he has expressed an interest in collaborating with Adele. "I'd love to sing with Adele and I think we'd gel really well together. We're both Londoners, which really appeals to me."
- Additionally, Matt was announced as the eighth contestant on the 20th series of "Strictly Come Dancing" on 8th August 2022.
- Apart from singing, Matt also has authored two books: the best-selling named "More Than You Know: The Autobiography" which was published in 2005, and "Bear Crimbo", which is a children's story of love, friendship, and hope that will warm the hearts of everyone, published in 2021.
Does Matt Goss have a wife?
Matt Goss is an unmarried man and has no children. He is in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Chantal Brown who is a jeweler. He has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but Matt definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. They have not yet made any plan for their marriage. Matt Gross is male by sexuality, and he is not gay or homosexual. Actually, he is straight.
How much is Matt Goss worth?
Matt Goss is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever he embarks on. He has a net worth of $4 million as of 2022 and he also earns a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. With a tremendous amount of net worth, he is living a lavish and luxurious life. In addition, Matt's major source of income is his singing career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Matt Goss?
Matt Goss is 5 feet 11 inches tall and his body weighs around 65 kg. He has attractive blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Matt's got an unconventional good look and raw appeal about him. Reasons for his amazing personality could be his roots. Besides, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Matt Goss You Need To Know.
- He gained 1980s fame with the pop group Bros.
- He co-founded Bros with his brother and Craig Logan in 1986.
- Matt had his highest charting single with "If You Were Here Tonight" in 1996.
- He is the brother and former bandmate of Luke Goss .
- His star sign is Libra.