Matt Millen - Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Contract, Injury, Transfer, Heart Transplant, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Affair, Wife, Illness, Health
An American former National Football League linebacker and a former executive is named as Matthew George Millen. He has played for the Oakland Raiders, the San Francisco 49ers and the Washington Redskins. He is a very talented player and also he won a Super Bowl ring in each of the four cities in which he played (the Raiders won championships in both Oakland and Los Angeles during his tenure). On February 1, 2009, he joined the NBC broadcast team for pre-game analysis of Super Bowl XLVII. He has also been employed by ESPN as an NFL and college football analyst, and by NFL Network as a color commentator on Thursday Night Football.
- Being a former National Football League linebacker and a former executive.
Early Life of Matt
Matt was born in 12th March 1958 in Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania USA. His nationality is American. His horoscope is Pisces. He has got 10 siblings named Mary Schrim, Hugh Millen, Beth Klepeiss, Andrew Millen, Jean Daughtry, Kathleen Rowland, Eileen Tsamulalis, Edward Millen, Nancy Ringer, Harriet Fassman. His ethnicity is White. There is no an information regarding his parents.
Regarding his education, he attended Whitehall High School and later he was graduated from Penn State. He was recruited from Whitehall High School by Pennsylvania State University, where he became an All-American defensive tackle for the Nittany Lions.
Body Features of Matt
Matt has got an athletic body shape. At the old age also, he looks very young with an attractive personality. He has a tall height of 6 feet 2 inch or 1.88 m. He has got a very healthy body and balanced weight of 113 Kg. His other body measurement will be updated soon. With his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him.
Career of Matt
- Matt entered the 1980 NFL Draft and was selected by the Oakland Raiders with the draft's 43rd overall selection in the second round.
- He played for the Raiders, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Washington Redskins during his 12 year NFL.
- He won one Super Bowl each with the 49ers and Redskins, though he was de-activated for Super Bowl XXVI while with the Redskins.
- He was selected to play in one Pro Bowl in the year 1988 during his NFL career where he finished his 12 NFL seasons with 11 sacks and 9 interceptions, which he returned for 132 yards, and 8 fumble recoveries.
- After that, he worked as a color commentator for CBS TV and for Fox.
- He also provided game analysis for the radio broadcasts of Monday Night Football on CBS's Westwood One radio network.
- He came to be considered the number-two analyst for its nationally broadcast games at Fox.
- He was named the lead analyst for the NFL Network's Thursday Night Football telecast on 15th June 2009.
- He was also a color analyst for ESPN College Football telecasts, teaming with Sean McDonough and Holly Rowe.
- He left broadcasting to assume the job of the Detroit Lions' CEO and de facto general manager in the year 2001.
- He was the Lions' CEO for seven full seasons, from 2001-07.
- He was also named to the NFL competition committee on August 4, 2006.
- On 24th September 2008, Millen's tenure as team president and the general manager ended.
- On 3rd January 2009 edition of NBC's Football Night in America, he admitted his role in the team's downfall, saying he would have fired himself after the 2008 season.
- He was diagnosed with the rare disease amyloidosis in the year 2017.
- In his case, the disease affected his heart, which now operates at about 30 percent capacity.
Net Worth of Matt
The net worth of Matt is estimated to have $10 Million as of 2018. He is making a fabulous net worth from his career. He is satisfied with his net worth. His exact salary has not been revealed yet and will be updated soon but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his work. He is a successful person in both private life as well as professional life.
Affairs of Matt
Matt is a married person. He was married to Patricia Millen. The couple is blessed with four children named Marcus Millen, Michalyn Millen, Marianne Millen, Matt Millen Jr. The couple is living a happy life together with their children and there is no sign of separation between them.
Trivias About Matt Millen You Need To Know.
- He was recruited from Whitehall High School by Pennsylvania State University, where he became an All-American defensive tackle for the Nittany Lions.
- He has played for the Oakland Raiders, the San Francisco 49ers and the Washington Redskins.
- On February 1, 2009, he joined the NBC broadcast team for pre-game analysis of Super Bowl XLIII.