Matt Smith - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Family, Age, Facts, Height
Matt Smith is an English actor who is mostly known for his role as the Eleventh Doctor in the BBC series, "Doctor Who"(2010–2013). Smith is also praised for his role as Prince Philip in the popular Netflix series, "The Crown"(2016–2017).
Smith gained worldwide recognition with his portrayal of Daemon Targaryen in the HBO series, House of the Dragon"in 2022. His character of Daemon has made him famous and is even used in several meme pages too.
Besides, he once aspired to become a pro footballer, but couldn't pursue it as his career due to a back injury. Even with his growing popularity, he doesn't have any social media accounts to date.
What is Matt Smith known for?
- Matt Smith is best known for playing the Eleventh Doctor on the British TV series "Doctor Who" (2010-2014).
- Known for the role of Daemon Targaryen in "House of the Dragon".
Where does Matt Smith come from?
Matt Smith was born on October 28, 1982, in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England. His birth name is Matthew Robert Smith. His nationality is British. Smith belongs to the White ethnicity while Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
Born as the youngest son to his parents; Lynne Smith(mother) and David Smith(father), Matt was raised alongside his elder sister named Laura Jayne, who was one of the dancers in Eric Prydz's 2004 song "Call on Me".
Growing up, he attended Northampton School for Boys where he played football aspiring to pursue a career in the same field. But couldn't as he suffered a back injury.
He got his first play as the tenth juror in ‘Twelve Angry Men. He then join the ‘National Youth Theatre in London after he was convinced by his drama teacher, Leigh Killick.
After then, he went to ‘The University of East Anglia’ where he studied drama and creative writing later graduating and earning a degree in 2005.
Matt Smith's Career
- His career started with his debut stage in the play Murder in the Cathedral(2003) followed by ‘The Master and Margarita’(2004).
- He got his first professional role as Arnold in the play ‘Fresh Kills’.
- His first television role was as Jim Taylor in the BBC adaptation of The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North.
- He got his first major television role in "Party Animals" as Danny Foster in 2007.
- He was also featured in the series ‘Secret Diary of a Call Girl’ and ‘The Street’.
- His appreciated on-stage performance was as Henry in the two-act play, ‘That Face’ in 2007.
- He made his West End debut with ‘Swimming with Sharks’.
- He starred in the 2009 short film Together and the 2010 film Womb.
- His directorial debut, the short film, "Cargese, was in May 2013.
- He got his breakthrough when he appeared as the Eleventh Doctor in the British science-fiction television series, Doctor Who in 2010. It ran for three years making him the youngest actor to play the role.
- He reprised the role of the Doctor in ‘The Sarah Jane Adventures (2010), ‘An Adventure in Space and Time’ (2013), and ‘The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot’ (2013).
- He was also featured in the films; ‘Christopher and His Kind’ (2011), ‘Lost River (2014), and ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016).
- He then got another break when he was cast as Prince Philip in the Netflix royal drama, The Crown" in 2015.
- He also appeared in the starring role of Morgan in the thriller flick ‘Patient Zero’.
- His biggest break came when he was cast as Daemon Targaryen in the series House of the Dragon in 2020. The series premiered in 2022 and has earned him hefty popularity.
- National Television Award for Outstanding Drama Performance - 2014
- National Television Award for Outstanding Drama Performance (Male) - 2012
Who is Matt Smith's girlfriend?
Matt Smith is reported to be currently in a relationship with businesswoman Caroline Brady. Their flick was first reported in May 2021 however isn't confirmed yet.
Smith was previously in a relationship with popular actress, Lily James whom he started dating in 2014 for 5 years till 2019.
Before Lily, he was in a relationship with fashion model Daisy Lowe, whom he dated on and off from 2010 to 2014. Before that, he was in a relationship with Brazilian actress and singer Mayana Moura from 2008 to 2009.
Back in 2015, he was named among the 50 Best-Dressed British Men by ‘GQ’ magazine.
How much is Matt Smith's Net Worth?
Matt Smith has quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor. Having his career started as a play-act, he has reached a long way becoming one of the most popular and loved actors of 2022.
Including his income, his net worth is estimated to be around $9 million. Also, he reportedly received a salary of $232,000 to $290,000 per year of the series, "Doctor Who".
Matt Smith Height and Weight
Matt Smith is a good-looking guy in his late 30s with a well-maintained slim body physique. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. (1.83m) while his body weighs around 73kg(161 lbs). He has a fair complexion with a perfect jawline, green eyes, and black hair.
He doesn't have any tattoos or ink on his body.
Trivias About Matt Smith You Need To Know.
- He once wanted to become a football player.
- He got his first play as the tenth juror in ‘Twelve Angry Men’.
- He doesn't have any social media accounts till date.
- He was named among 50 Best-Dressed British Men by ‘GQ’ magazine.