Last updated on August 20th, 2023 at 05:59 am
Facts About Matthew McConaughey
|Celebrated Name||Matthew McConaughey|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Matthew David McConaughey|
|Profession||Actor , Producer|
|Place Of Birth||Austin, Texas|
|Father||James Donald McConaughey|
|Siblings||Two; Michael Patrick McConaughey and Patrick James McConaughey|
|High School||Longview High School|
|University||University of Texas|
|Height||6 feet 0 inches|
|Body Measurement||46-16.5-34 inches|
|Wife||Camila Alves [M. 2012 - Present]|
|Children||Three; Levi Alves, Vida Alves and Livingston Alves|
|Net Worth||$95 Million|
|Salary||$ 20 million [Annually]|
|Awards||Critics Choice Award, Golden Globe Awards and SAG Award|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Radio-Television-Film|
An Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. A Texas-born star first gained fame for his breakout role in the coming-of-age comedy Dazed and Confused in 1993. He achieved critical success in 2013 and 2014 with numerous hit films. He portrayed a cowboy champion Ron Woodroof in a biopic film Dallas Buyers Club- from which he received the first Academy Award for Best Actor category. He also earned the Critics Choice Award, Golden Globe Awards and SAG Award in the same category.
- His breakout role in the coming-of-age comedy Dazed and Confused in 1993.
- Playing major roles in romantic comedies such as How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Failure to Launch, The Wedding Planner and Fool’s Gold.
Early Life of Matthew McConaughey
Matthew David McConaughey who is now known as Matthew McConaughey is a popular American actor and additionally working as a producer who is currently 46 years of age living in Austin, Texas of the United States. He was originally born in Uvalde, Texas and active within the entertainment industry since 1991.
He is the follower of the religion Christianity and one of the youngest children out the 3 sons of his parents. His mother Mary Kathleen “Kay” or “KMac” was a teacher teaching to the students of the kinder garden and her father James Donald McConaughey was an author who published many of the good selling books. He has two siblings; Michael Patrick McConaughey and Patrick James McConaughey.
Taking about his education, He attended Longview High School. Later, He attended the University of Texas where he joined Delta Tau Delta fraternity. He began in the fall of 1989 and graduated in the spring of 1993 with a bachelor’s degree in Radio-Television-Film.
Matthew McConaughey Career and Achievements
- In 1991, he began his career in the entertainment business. He appeared in a series of TV commercials, before begging for himself a role in the coming of the age comedy film, ‘Dazed and Confused’, which earned immense critical acclaim.
- He was seen in minor roles in a series of films like, ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation’, ‘Boys on the Side’, ‘Angels in the Outfield’, and the TV series ‘Unsolved Mysteries’.
- In 1996, he got his big break in the Joel Schumacher thriller film, ‘A Time to Kill’, in which he played the role of a lawyer ‘Jake Brigance’. This critically acclaimed film was an adaptation of a John Grisham novel of the same name.
- In 1997, he starred in the Academy Award-nominated historical drama film, ‘Amistad’, which was directed by Steven Spielberg. The film received good reviews from film critics.
- In 1999, he played the role of, ‘Ed Eddie Pekurny’ in the American comedy film ‘EDtv’, directed by Ron Howard. The following year, he was seen in the film, ‘U-571’.
- In 2000, he played as himself in the ‘Escape from New York’ episode of the TV series, ‘Sex and the City’. The next year, he starred in the romantic comedy film ‘The Wedding Planner’.
- In 2002, he starred in the film, ‘Reign of Fire’. The same year, he was seen in the films, ‘Thirteen Conversations About One Thing’, a drama film and ‘Frailty’, a psychological thriller.
- In 2003, he appeared in the TV series documentary, ‘Freedom: A History of Us’. That year, he played the character of ‘Steven Bedalia’ in the film, ‘Tiptoes’. He even starred in the romantic comedy film, ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’.
- In 2005, he played ‘Brandon Lang’ in the film, ‘Two for the Money’ and also acted in the action-comedy adventure film, ‘Sahara’. He played the voice of ‘Al Bean’ in ‘Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D’, a 3D documentary film.
- In 2006, he played ‘Jack Lengyel’ in the romantic comedy film, ‘Failure to Launch’, which was directed by Tom Dey. The same year he also starred in the American adventure film, ‘Fool’s Gold’.
- In 2008, he starred in the action comedy film, ‘Tropic Thunder’, which was immensely successful at the box office. That year, he was also seen as ‘Steve Addington’ in the film ‘Surfer, Dude’.
- In 2009, he starred opposite Jennifer Garner in the romantic comedy film, ‘Ghosts of Girlfriends Past’. The film was a commercial success but received negative reviews from critics.
- In 2010, he starred in the American TV comedy series, ‘Eastbound & Down’, broadcast on HBO. He was seen in three episodes of the show. The following year he starred in the film, ‘The Lincoln Lawyer’.
- In 2012, he played the title role in the coming-of-age drama film, ‘Mud’, directed by Jeff Nichols. That year he was seen in the films, ‘Bernie’, ‘Killer Joe’, ‘Magic Mike’ and ‘The Paperboy’.
- In 2013, he appeared in the biographical drama film ‘Dallas Buyers Club’. He received appreciation and success for portraying a cowboy diagnosed with AIDS in the film. The role earned him the Academy Award for Best Actor and Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Drama. In addition to these two, he also won other awards and nominations. In 2013, he starred in ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ as well.
- He appeared in the 2014 2014 HBO crime anthology series True Detective. McConaughey also played Cooper, a widowed father, and astronaut, alongside Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Mackenzie Foy, and Casey Affleck in Christopher Nolan's science fiction film Interstellar (2014). After finishing Gus Van Sant's 2015 film The Sea of Trees with Ken Watanabe, in 2016, McConaughey starred in two films, Free State of Jones and Gold, and voiced leading characters in two animated films, Kubo and the Two Strings and Sing.
- In 2016, McConaughey was hired as creative director and celebrity spokesman for Wild Turkey's latest campaign, to bring in more women and more international customers.
- McConaughey starred in the Stephen King adaptation The Dark Tower (2017), as Walter Padick, that received negative reactions from the critics. His most recent films were the true-life gangster drama White Boy Rick (2018), which gained mixed reviews, and the erotic thriller Serenity, that also starred Diane Lane and Anne Hathaway. The latter film was panned by both critics and audiences after its release on January 25, 2019.
- McConaughey will next star in Harmony Korine's The Beach Bum, a comedy also featuring Zac Efron and Jonah Hill. The movie is set to be released in theatres on April 5, 2019.
Matthew McConaughey's Awards
Matthew McConaughey has received numerous accolades and awards during his acting career. As of 2018, he has received 37 awards in 89 nominations in several prestigious awards including Academy Award, Emmy Award, Tony Award, Critics Choice Awards, and SAG Awards. In 2014, he won an Academy Awards for the Best Actor category from the film Dallas Buyer’s Club.
Matthew McConaughey's Personal Life, Married, Wife, Children
Matthew McConaughey is a married man. He is married to Camila Alves since 2012. The couple met in 2006 and eventually became a love interest of each other. After dating for almost five years, the couple announced their engagement on December 25, 2011. After seven months, they married within the private Catholic ceremony with the presence of their close relatives and family members in Austin, Texas. The couple shares three children together.
They welcomed their first children, a son named Levi Alves McConaughey on 7 July 2008. Their second child- a daughter named Vida Alves McConaughey was born on 3 January 2010. After two years, they welcomed their third child and second son Livingston Alves McConaughey on 28 December 2012.
This couple got married in the year 2012 and till the present time is having a wonderful married life ahead with high success. They also mention that there are no chances and issues regarding the divorce of the couple in the present time.
He previously dated a few girls from Hollywood. From 2005-06, he dated his co-star Penelope Cruz. His name was also linked to Michael Jackson's daughter Janet Jackson in the early 2000s. From 1996-98, he was in a relationship with a popular actress Sandra Bullock.
Matthew McConaughey's Net Worth, Income Sources, Assets, Charity
Matthew McConaughey has made a huge amount of money from his numerous films and television series. According to the Celebrity Net Worth, his net worth is $95 million as of September 2019.
He has accumulated his net worth from roles in movies such as A Time to Kill, Contact, U-571, Dallas Buyers Club and many more. His wife Camila Alves’ net worth is $5 million.
His annual salary is over $20 million. In 1991, he received a cheque of $6000 for appearing in the commercial for Miller Lite. In 1996, he bagged $250,000 to his home from film A Time to Kill. In 2005, he received $8 million salaries from Sahara movie. In 2014, he collected $21 million from his career. He lives in a $4.6 million lavish home in Malibu, in Los Angeles. He resides there with his wife and their three children.
McConaughey is also been working for the teenage kids being engaged within the social foundation named Just keep living. He is helping those kids to live an active life and providing motivation to them in their living.
He is also making them to help a healthy choice in decision making and also with this providing the financial and voluntary support for the progress of the organization.
He rescued various pets stranded after the flooding of New Orleans from Hurricane Katrina. In 2006, he rescued a cat from two youths in Sherman Oaks, California.
Matthew McConaughey Body Figures
Observing his body statistics, He stands a height of 6 feet 0 inches and weighs around 181 lbs. His low-calorie diet makes his body measures 46-16.5-34 inches including chest, biceps, and hip sizes. Similarly, He has a pair of blue eyes and brown hair.
Trivias About Matthew McConaughey You Need To Know.
- In 1999, He was arrested in Austin, Texas for "resisting transportation" after first being under suspicion for marijuana possession.
- He is a huge fan of John Mellencamp's music. Was seen wearing a T-shirt from Mellencamp's "Whenever We Wanted" tour in A Time to Kill (1996).
- He is well known as someone who almost never wears deodorant or cologne.