Last updated on November 13th, 2020 at 09:47 pm
Facts About Matthew Trebek
|Matthew Alexander Trebek
|Place Of Birth
|Los Angeles, California
|Famous as the only son of late American-Canadian TV personality and game show host, Alex Trebek
|George Alexander Trebek
|5ft 10 inches(1.78m)
Matthew Trebek is an American Businessman and Restaurateur who is well known as the only son of Alex Trebek. Alex was an Emmy-Award winning Canadian-American TV personality, actor, and game host who got recognition for being the host of the syndicated game show "Jeopardy!". Alex had won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host seven times. He had hosted various game shows including "The Wizard of Odds", "Double Dare", "High Rollers", and "To Tell the Truth". He died on November 8, 2020, after a nearly two-year battle with pancreatic cancer at the age of 80 at his home in Los Angeles. In 2018, he had signed a contract with the show, Jeopardy! till 2022.
Besides, Matthew is the owner of his North Harlem Mexican restaurant named "Oso" which he founded in May 2016 with his friend and business partner, Nodar Moshiashvili. With their success in Oso, they established a take-out pizza shop named "Pizza by Lucille's". They named the shop after Mathew's grandmother, Lucille.
They also have a coffee shop and event space "Lucille's" which got established in 2019. At present, he runs three restaurants in Harlem, New York with his friend and business partner, Nodar Moshiashvili.
What is Matthew Trebek famous for?
- Famous as the only son of late American-Canadian TV personality and game show host, Alex Trebek
Where is Matthew Trebek from?
Matthew Trebek was born in 1990 in Los Angeles, California, United States. His birth name is Matthew Alexander Trebek. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is White. He is of Canadian-Ukrainian-French descent. He is Christain by religion.
Matthew was born as the eldest child to George Alexander Trebek(father) and Jean Currivan(mother). His mother is a former real estate agent while his father was a Canadian-American game show host, actor, and TV personality who was best known as the host of the syndicated game show "Jeopardy!" and had won seven Daytime Emmy Award for his work on the show.
Alex also had acted in numerous TV series and films such as "Cheers", "The Earth Day Special", "Short Cuts", "Groundhog Day", "The Nanny", "Rugrats", and Arthur. Alex died on November 8, 2020, at the age of 80 after a nearly two-year battle with pancreatic cancer. Previously, he suffered a minor heart attack at his home on December 11, 2007. He also was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after reportedly experiencing complications from a fall in October 2017.
Mathew was raised in his hometown, Los Angeles, California along with his younger sister, Emily Trebek who is now a Real Estate agent and a TV personality. He and his sister often used to make appearances on TV shows with their father. He did his schooling at a Campbell Hall in California. While in high school, he played football and baseball.
Belonging from a family with an acting background, he did not choose to appear on the screen. But, he followed his dream of being a businessman and he joined Fordham University. He got graduated with a degree in Communication and Business Administration in 2013.
While enrolling at the university, he joined the National Bartenders School and served as a Bartender at Hospitality Holdings in 2011. He also learned about restaurant design by working for a contractor who had designed many famous restaurants. After graduating, he joined ASG Media as Creative Dept Assistant where he had to organize products on the website to make advertising ready.
Matthew Trebek Career: Highlights
- Matthew Trebek began his professional career in May 2016 by establishing his own restaurant "Oso" along with his business partner, Nodar Moshiashvili against the will of his father, Alex.
- Oso is a famous North Harlem Mexican restaurant which is located in the city of Hamilton Heights. It is mostly known for its unique Mexican cuisine.
- With the restaurant's success, Mathew and his friend, Nodar extended their business and established a coffee shop and event space "Lucille's" in 2019. They named the shop after Mathew's grandmother, Lucille Lagace.
- In the same year, they commenced their take-up pizza shop "Pizza by Lucille's" in North Harlem, in the neighborhood of New York City.
- At present, he is busy running his three restaurants in North Harlem.
- He and Nodar also host a weekly soup kitchen show called "Lucille's Family Meal".
Matthew Trebek Wife
Matthew Trebek is not married and has not disclosed his personal life yet. He seems to be much more focused on his career than his personal life. At present, he is living in his home in Harlem.
Matthew Trebek Net Worth
Matthew Trebek has earned a good amount of money from his profession as a businessman and Restaurateur. Having started his first restaurant in 2016, he has achieved great success. With all of his earnings, he has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2020 while his father, Alex Trebeck had a whooping net worth of $50 million. His father also gifted him a $2 million worth home in Harlem in July 2015. At present, he is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle with his earnings.
Matthew Trebek Height
Matthew Trebek is a handsome man in his early 30s. He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. He has an athletic body build. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 10 inches(1.78m) and weighs around 79kg(174lbs).
Trivias About Matthew Trebek You Need To Know.
- Matthew Trebek worked at a restaurant called "Widow Road" in Chelsea.
- His father used to come to his school to watch his paintball tournaments.
- His father did not support him to open a restaurant.
- While in high school, he played football and baseball,
- He developed an appreciation for Mexican street food by going to farmer’s markets in Los Angeles in his childhood.
- He has an adopted step-sister, Nicky Trebek who was born to his father's first wife, Elaine with her previous husband