Facts About Matthew Wolfenden
|Celebrated Name||Matthew Wolfenden|
|Age||43 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Matthew Wolfenden|
|Birth Name||Matthew Wolfenden|
|Place Of Birth||Norwood Green, West Yorkshire|
|Famous For||His role as David Metcalfe in Emmerdale|
|School||Brighouse High School|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Saturday Night Fever|
|Married Date||February 2018|
|Son||Buster, Bowie, Ace|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Acting|
|Net Worth||Around $ million|
|Awards||King of the Ice (Dancing on Ice: 7th season)|
Matthew Wolfenden is an English actor. He is best for his role as David Metcalfe in the British soap opera, Emmerdale. He has been part of Emmerdale for numerous years. He first joined the show in 2006. Besides Emmerdale, he has starred in numerous series and reality shows.
What is Matthew Wolfenden Famous For?
- His role as David Metcalfe in Emmerdale.
Where is Matthew Wolfenden From?
Matthew Wolfenden was born on 5 May 1980. His birth place is in Norwood Green, West Yorkshire in England. He holds an English nationality. Information about his parents is not available at present. He has a brother named David Wolfenden. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Taurus.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Brighouse High School.
Matthew Wolfenden Career Timeline
- Matthew Wolfenden was a member of the British gymnastics squad as a teenager.
- He fell while practicing on the rings and broke his back at the age of 16.
- The injury ended his gymnastics career.
- He then pursued an acting career.
- His first acting job was as an extra
- He was a cast member in the musical, Saturday Night Fever.
- He was then cast as David Metcalfe in the ITV soap opera, Emmerdale in 2006.
- He had originally auditioned for the role of Eli Dingle but lost the role to Joseph Gilgun. He was eventually called back for the role of David.
- He has been playing the role in the series since 2006.
- He appeared in Hollyoaks spin-off Hollyoaks: Let Loose.
- He competed in the second series of Soapstar Superstar in 2007. He finished ninth.
- He competed in the seventh series of Dancing on Ice.
- He was partnered with Russian professional dancer, Nina Ulanova.
- They won the series defeating actress Jorgie Porter and The X Factor contestant Chico Slimani.
- He appeared on a celebrity special of the game show, The Chase in April 2015. He advanced to the final with fellow contestant, Lesley Joseph and won £5500 each for their respective charities of choice.
Who is Matthew Wolfenden's Wife?
Matthew Wolfenden is a married man. He is married to Emmerdale co-star, Charley Webb. The two met on the set of Emmerdale and started dating in 2007. The couple dated for a long time before tying a knot in February 2018. They share three sons together. Their first child, a son named Buster was born in April 2010, a second son named Bowie in December 2015, and Ace in July 2019.
What is Matthew Wolfenden Height?
Matthew Wolfenden stands at the height of 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 85 kg. He has a balanced body weight. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Matthew Wolfenden's Net Worth?
Matthew Wolfenden earns from his acting career. He is best known for his role as David Metcalfe in Emmerdale since 2006. He is paid a handsome salary for his work in the soap opera. He has also appeared in several other reality shows. His net worth is estimated at around $5 million.
Trivias About Matthew Wolfenden You Need To Know.
- He provided the soap news on ITV's This Morning on 7 January 2014.
- Wolfenden and his Emmerdale co-star Eden Taylor-Draper took part in the Great North Run to raise funds for Bloodwise in September 2016.
- He was nominated for the Sexiest Male at the 2012 British Soap Award.
- He revealed in a 2018 interview that he too antidepressants for 8 years from the age of 23 to around 31.
- His brother-in-law Jamie Lomas is also an actor.