Maud Adams (Actress) - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Facts, Awards, Career, Movies, Bond, Kids
Maud Adams is a Swedish actress and model who is best recognized for her roles as two different Bond girls, respectively in "The Man with the Golden Gun(1974)", and "Octopussy(1983)". Maud portrayed the role of Catherine Balzac in the 1989 American television series "Mission: Impossible".
She made her film debut in 1970 by playing the role of a photo-shoot model in the American drama film "The Boys in the Band". She also directed the 1994 television series "Kafé Luleå". In 2020, she made her appearances in TV shows such as "From Rollerball to Rome", and "For Our Eyes Only: John Glenn".
What is Maud Adams famous for?
- Famous as a Swedish actress and model
- Known for her roles in "The Man with the Golden Gun", and "Octopussy"
Where is Maud Adams from?
Maud Adams was born on 12 February 1945 in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden. Her birth name is Maud Solveig Christina Wikström. She holds Swedish nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Aquarius is her zodiac sign.
She was born as the daughter of Thyra Wikström(father) and Gustav Wikström(mother). Her father was a government tax inspector while her mother was a comptroller. She was raised in her hometown, Luleå where she completed her studies.
Growing up, she wanted to be an interpreter but later decided to pursue modeling as her career. In 1963, she was spotted in a shop by a photographer who wanted to photograph her, which he then submitted to the Miss Sweden contest organized by the magazine Allers; her modeling career took off from there. She had to move to Paris and later to New York City for her modeling career.
Maud Adams's Career: Highlights
- Maud Adams started her career as a model by working under Eileen Ford. She worked as a model for many years before being offered to play in the movies.
- She has appeared on the cover of various fashion magazines including "Cosmopolitan Magazine", "Fashion Insider Magazine", "Playboy Magazine", and "Mayfair Magazine".
- She kicked off her acting career in 1970 with her debut film "The Boys in the Band" where she portrayed a photo-shoot model.
- She then appeared in various American TV series including "Hawaii Five-O" and "Kojak".
- Maud got her career breakthrough in 1974 after playing the role of Andrea Anders in the American spy film "The Man with the Golden Gun". The film is a spy film and the ninth in the James Bond series.
- Then, she made her appearances in several TV films and series including "Rollerball", "Killer Force", "Laura", "Tattoo", "Hit Man", "Starsky and Hutch", "Playing for Time", and "Chicago Story".
- She also received good recognition for her lead role as Octavia Charlotte Smythe\ Octopussy in the 1983 spy film "Octopussy". The film is the thirteenth in the James Bond series.
- She then appeared as Woman in Fisherman's Whorf Crowd in the James Bond series's 14th film "A View to a Kill" in 1985.
- In 1986, she was seen playing the role of Amanda in the German/American horror film "Hell Hunters".
- She appeared as Lola Pagola in "Jane and the Lost City(1987)", and Nadine in "Angel III: The Final Chapter(1988)".
- In the year 1989, she portrayed the role of Catherine Balzac in the American television series "Mission: Impossible".
- She has made her appearances in several TV shows including "Battle of the Network Stars XI", "Så ska det låta", "James Bond: A BAFTA Tribute", "Inside 'Octopussy", and "Ann-Margret: Från Valsjöbyn till Hollywood".
- She also was one of the judges in the American Beauty Pageant "Miss USA Pageant" in 1979.
- In 1998, she portrayed the role of Ellinor Malm in the Swedish soap opera "Vita lögner" for 20 episodes.
- She also directed the 1994 television series "Kafé Luleå".
- Maud appeared in the role of Ella Swanson in the 2008 film "The Seekers".
- In 2020, she made her appearances in TV shows such as "From Rollerball to Rome", and "For Our Eyes Only: John Glenn".
Maud Adams Husband
Maud Adams is currently married to her second husband, Charles Rubin. Rubin is a private mediator and retired judge. The couple tied the knot in 1999.
The couple is happily living together. However, the couple is not blessed with any children.
Previously, she was married to Roy Adams. Roy was a photographer. The couple tied the knot in 1966. Later, they got divorced in 1975.
Maud Adams Net Worth
Maud Adams has earned a good amount of money from her professional career as an actress. Having started her career as a model, Maud came a long way becoming one of the famous actresses.
Her source of income is surely her role in the films and series. With all of her earnings, she has an estimated net worth of $1.3 million as of 2021.
Maud Adams Height
Maud Adams is a gorgeous lady in her mid-70s with a well-maintained body. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 9inches(1.75m) and weighs around 64kg(141 lbs). She has a beautiful face with dark blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes.
Her body measurement is 36-25-37 inches. Her bra cup size is 34 B and her dress size is 6(US).
Trivias About Maud Adams You Need To Know.
- Maud Adams appeared in Playboy in an issue on the Bond girls in September 1987.
- She has no children.