Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 10:51 pm
Facts About Maureen McCormick
|66 Years Old
|Maureen Denise McCormick
|Actress , Singer , Writer
|Place Of Birth
|Taft High School
|Michael, Dennis, and Kevin McCormick
|5 feet 4 inches
|Bra Cup Size
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Maureen McCormick is an American born actress, singer, and writer. She came into the limelight as a child star on the classic 70s sitcom The Brady Bunch after which she appeared on several spinoffs of the show. A star of diverse talents, Mccormick also had a brief musical career during which she recorded several albums and embarked on a tour with other cast members of the Brady Bunch.
Despite her immense success on The Brady Bunch, Mccormick had difficulties on her career resulting from challenges in her personal life. The Hollywood star gained much media attention in 2008 following the release of her controversial memoir Here's Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice.
Where is Maureen McCormick born?
Recalling her early life, Maureen McCormick was born in Encino, California, USA. Her parents were William McCormick (a teacher by profession) and Irene McCormick (a housewife). She has three siblings: older brothers Michael, Dennis, and Kevin.
Regarding her education, She completed her schooling from the Taft High School in California. She had a major interest in dance and music since her childhood days. She loved to organize puppet shows for the entertainment of the neighborhood children.
When did Maureen McCormick begin to step Entertainment Industry?
- McCormick developed an interest in dancing and singing at a young age. She competed and won the Baby Miss San Fernando contest when she was 6-years-old.
- McCormick landed her first major gig in Mattel's 1964 commercials for Barbie and Chatty Cathy dolls. She followed up with small television roles in series like The Farmer's Daughter, Bewitched, Camp Runamuck, and My Three Sons.
- In 1969, McCormick auditioned and landed her breakthrough role as "Marcia Brady" in the ABC sitcom, The Brady Bunch. She appeared in 116 episodes from 1969 to 1974. The role of Marcia Brady was reprised in The Brady Bunch Hour (1976-77), Other television appearances by McCormick include The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Teen Angelm Son of the Beach. She and professional dancer Artem Chigvintsev are slated to compete on season 23 of Dancing with the stars.
- As a recording artist, McCormick released four albums with the Brady Bunch cast. Her debut solo album, When You Get a Little Lonely, was released in 1995 by Phantom Hill Records. Her autobiography Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice was published in 2008.
- In 2009, Maureen McCormick was present for the Comedy Central’s roast of ‘Larry the Cable Guy’. She also loved appearing as her most favorite character (Marcia Brady) on one of the episodes of ‘Scrubs’ around the same period.
- In 2011 she played as Stage Mom in the TV Movie, ‘Prayer Hour’ followed by her role as Sarah in the film, ‘Christmas Spirit.’ By 2014, she performed a web-series as Mrs. Barnstormer in the movie, ‘Video Game High School.’
- On 30 August 2016, McCormick had the privilege of participating in season 23 of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ which she finished in 8th place alongside her dancing partner, Artem Chigvintsev. She also guests starred in a TV animation series ‘The Loud House’ as Jancey during the second season of the episode ‘Future Tense.'
- In 2019, McCormick appeared in TV series A Very Brady Renovation.
Who is Maureen McCormick married to?
Reflecting her personal life, Maureen McCormick had a periodic romance relationship with Brady Bunch costar, Barry Williams. After the cancellation of ‘The Brady Bunch,' McCormick became cocaine and Quaaludes addict who made her trade sex for drugs on several occasions and also made two abortions. By 1981, she had lost her reputation as an actress and suffered from depression and bulimia.
Maureen McCormick married Michael Cummings, after meeting him in Church, on March 16, 1985, and the couple has one child, Natalie Michelle. As a family, they settled in Westlake Village in Los Angeles where she underwent rehabilitation and therapies. Notably, McCormick became a spokesperson for Children International in 2008.
How much net worth does Maureen McCormick?
Maureen McCormick's acting career currently spans over 4 decades. She may not have gotten her hands on the blockbuster movie roles, however, she has remained very consistent over the years. Several endorsements deals have also come her way over the years and she has also been involved in a couple of other bankable ventures. It comes as no surprise that this Hollywood star has a net worth of $4 million.
How tall is Maureen McCormick?
Observing her body physics, Maureen stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 130 lbs. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. She used a 38B bra size and 7 (US) size of shoes. Further, her body measures 33-27-35 inches.
Trivias About Maureen McCormick You Need To Know.
- She has played the same character (Marcia Brady) in six different series: The Brady Bunch (1969), The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie (1972), The Brady Kids (1972), The Brady Bunch Variety Hour (1976), The Brady Brides (1981), and Day by Day (1988).
- In 2007, admitted on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club (2005) that for many years, starting in her teens, she suffered from bulimia.