Facts About Max Verstappen
|25 Years Old
|Max Emilian Verstappen
|Place Of Birth
|Rotax Max Minimax class
|FIA Action of the Year Award
|Source of Wealth
|5 ft 9 in
Max Verstappen is a Belgian-Dutch racing driver. He is the son of former Formula One driver Jos Verstappen. He is currently competing in Formula One, under the Dutch flag, with Red Bull Racing. He first debuted in Formula One race with the Red Bull Junior Team in August 2014. He became the youngest ever (17 years, 166 days) to compete in the Formula One Championships when he took part in the 2015 Australian Grand Prix. He holds several other "firsts" in Formula One. Additionally, he became the youngest driver and the first Dutch to win a Grand Prix race when he triumphed at the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix in his debut for the Red Bull Racing team at the age of just 18. He is due to remain at Red Bull until the end of the 2023 season after signing a contract extension. He is nicknamed Mad Max, Crashstappen.
Max Verstappen was transferred to hospital for further checks after the British Grand Prix crash
Max Verstappen has been transferred to the hospital for further precautionary checks after the huge crash he suffered at Silverstone on Sunday, following opening lap contact with title rival Lewis Hamilton. He left the road at the 180mph Copse Corner after Hamilton had tagged his car attempting an overtake for the lead on the first lap. Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner said that Verstappen, who was transferred immediately to the circuit medical center after climbing out of his car, was ‘massively winded’ in the crash, which he also blamed squarely on Hamilton’s shoulders. “Following an assessment by the trackside doctors at Silverstone Circuit Medical Centre, Max Verstappen has been taken to a local hospital for further precautionary tests,” read a statement from Red Bull. One of the first on the scene of the crash was FIA Medical Rescue Doctor Ian Roberts, who said: "He [Verstappen] was a little bit winded, to say the least. He got out with a little bit of help and is now off to the hospital for routine checkups. "As we were coming round the corner it looked as if we were looking at a roll. Fortunately not but it was still a pretty impressive impact into the tyres. We assessed him as quickly as possible whilst he was still in, but obviously, he wants to get out. Get him just to try to relax a bit, because he wants to get out of there and we just want to know what he’s like and then get the resources in to get him to the medical center for assessment. "There’s always a possibility of concussion, so we always bear it in mind. We like to then try to exclude that, but that’s always the first thing – even if it looks like it isn’t.”
- Being a Belgian-Dutch racing driver.
- For competing in Formula One, under the Dutch flag, with Red Bull Racing.
Where is Max Verstappen from?
Max Verstappen was born on 30th September 1997. His birthplace is Hasselt, Belgium. He was born as Max Emilian Verstappen which is his real name. He holds Belgian nationality and his ethnicity is of Belgian-Dutch. He has Dutch ancestry on his father’s side and has Belgian ancestry on his mother’s side. Libra is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. His father, Jos Verstappen, is a former Formula One driver and his mother’s name is Sophie Kumpen, a former Kart Racer. He also has a sibling; a sister named Victoria Verstappen, a racing driver.
Max's formal education took a backseat as he began karting from the age of 4 and was involved in motorsports ever since. He competed in the Mini Junior championship of his home province of Limburg (Belgium). In 2006, Verstappen graduated to the Rotax Max Minimax class and won the Belgian championship.
How was the Career of Max Verstappen?
- Max Verstappen began karting at age four. He won the Dutch Minimax championship in 2007.
- He joined Team Pex Racing, a CRG customer team in 2009, and won the Flemish Minimax championship and the Belgian KF5 championship.
- He stepped up to international karting in 2010 and was signed by CRG to race in their factory team at World and European championships.
- He finished second to the more experienced Alexander Albon at the KF3 World Cup.
- He won the WSK Euro Series in a Parilla-powered CRG in 2011 and was picked for the Intrepid Driver Program to race in the KF2 and KZ2 classes in 2012.
- Additionally, he won the WSK Master Series in the KF2 class, beating CRG driver Felice Tiene. He also won the South Garda Winter Cup in the KF2 class, beating Dennis Olsen and Antonio Fuoco.
- He competed at the SKUSA SuperNationals in the KZ2 class in a CRG, finishing 21st. He won the European KF and KZ championships in 2013.
- He won the 2013 World KZ championship at Varennes-sur-Allier, France, in KZ1, the highest karting category at the age of 15.
- On 11 October 2013, his first experience in a racing car was at the Pembrey Circuit where he drove 160 laps in a Barazi-Epsilon FR2.0–10 Formula Renault car which was provided by Dutch team Manor MP Motorsport.
- He set a faster time than more experienced drivers including Tatiana Calderón and Eddie Cheever III at the Circuit Ricardo Tormo.
- It was announced Verstappen would make his racing debut in the Florida Winter Series on 16th January 2014.
- He won his first formula race at Palm Beach International Raceway on 5th February 2014 and won his second race at Homestead–Miami Speedway after beating Nicholas Latifi by 0.004 seconds on 19th February.
- He drove in the FIA European Formula 3 Championship for Van Amersfoort Racing in 2014 and finished his maiden car racing season third, behind champion Esteban Ocon and runner-up Tom Blomqvist, winning 10 races in the process.
- He joined the Red Bull Junior Team in August 2014.
- He became the youngest driver to take part in a Grand Prix weekend taking part in the first free practice at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix.
- He also became the youngest driver to start a World Championship race by joining the sport a year before the new license restriction, in his Grand Prix debut as a full-time driver at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix at the age of 17 years 166 days. He qualified sixth and finished the race in seventh place, scoring his first Formula One points aged 17 years, 180 days, breaking the record of the youngest driver to score World Championship points.
- He was involved in a high-speed collision with Romain Grosjean, after clipping the back of the Lotus on the approach to Sainte Devote and flew nose-first into the barriers at high speed at the 2015 Monaco Grand Prix.
- He received three awards at the FIA Prize Giving Ceremony, for Rookie of the Year, Personality of the Year, and Action of the Year at the end of the 2015 season.
- He began the 2016 season at Toro Rosso where he qualified fifth for the opening race of the season in Australia.
- On 5th May 2016, Red Bull announced that Verstappen would be replacing Daniil Kvyat from the Spanish Grand Prix onwards, with Kvyat returning to Toro Rosso. He qualified fourth for the Spanish Grand Prix.
- In his first eight races with Red Bull, he achieved six top-five finishes, including four podiums.
- At the 2016 Brazilian Grand Prix, he qualified fourth.
- Max suffered seven retirements, four due to mechanical issues, and three due to first lap collisions in Spain, Austria, and Singapore during the first 14 races of the 2017 season.
- He won his second Formula One race at the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix, finished second in the following race in Japan, and finished third at the United States Grand Prix.
- He won his third Formula One race (and second in 2017) at the Mexican Grand Prix, after passing Sebastian Vettel on the opening lap and leading until the end of the race.
- He had been involved in at least one incident in each race in the first six races of the 2018 season.
- In Australia, he qualified 4th and in Bahrain, he crashed during qualifying and started in 15th place. He qualified 5th in China and he was embroiled in a race-long battle with Ricciardo for 4th place in Azerbaijan. He topped all three practice sessions and qualified 3rd, two-tenths off Sebastian Vettel in pole position in Canada.
- He enjoyed a very strong second half of the season, achieving podium finishes at Belgium, Singapore, Japan, and the USA. He was poised to win the 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix.
- He ended the first half of the season with retirement in Hungary and was narrowly behind his teammate in the championship due to his own recent resurgence and Ricciardo's unreliability.
- He finished his season with another podium as he finished 3rd in Abu Dhabi.
- He ended the season in 4th place in the championship with 249 points, claiming two wins, eleven podium finishes, and two fastest laps.
- In his 2019 season, he qualified in 4th and finished 3rd in Australia, the first podium finish for a Honda-powered driver since the 2008 British Grand Prix. He qualified in 3rd place in Monaco.
- After suffering damage in a first-lap collision with Charles Leclerc in Japan, he suffered his 2nd retirement of the season.
- He finished the 2019 season in 3rd place in the championship with 278 points, the best result of his career thus far.
- He signed a contract extension to race for Red Bull in 2020 until the end of 2023. He continued to race for Red Bull in 2020, alongside Albon.
- He started second but retired early in the race after a flywheel-related problem caused an electronic issue on the power unit at the 2020 Austrian Grand Prix.
- He crashed in wet conditions on the way to the starting grid at the 2020 Hungarian Grand Prix.
- He won the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix at Silverstone, having started from fourth. He came in second at the Spanish Grand Prix, after qualifying in third. At the Eifel Grand Prix, he finished in second after qualifying in third.
- He finished the 2020 season in 3rd place in the championship with 214 points and claimed two race victories, eleven podium finishes, one pole position, and three fastest laps.
- He topped all the practice sessions at the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix.
- He qualified third with teammate Sergio Pérez 2nd at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
- At the 2021 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Verstappen qualified 3rd.
- He took pole for the 2021 French Grand Prix, took pole again at the 2021 Styrian Grand Prix and next took pole position at the 2021 Austrian Grand Prix.
- At British Grand Prix, he was involved in a collision with title rival Hamilton on the first lap. Due to this, he was taken to the Silverstone circuit’s medical center after the crash and was then taken to Coventry hospital for precautionary checks and further assessment, before eventually being discharged at 22:00 local time on Sunday night.
Awards and Achievements
- FIA Action of the Year Award - Four times 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019
- FIA Personality of the Year - Three times 2015, 2016, 2017
- Lorenzo Bandini Trophy as the FIA Rookie of the Year
Who is Max Verstappen Dating?
Max Verstappen is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend whose name is Kelly Piquet. Their affair began in the year 2020. As of now, their bond is going strong with the passage of time. They are leading a happy life currently. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Max was in a relationship with Joyce Godefridi and Roos Van Der Aa. Max was also seen going out with Maxime Pourquie (hockey player), drivers Sabre Cook and Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky. He has also dated Dilara Sanlik in 2017 which lasted for three years.
What is the Net Worth of Max Verstappen?
Max Verstappen is a professional racing driver whose net worth is estimated to have around $30 Million as of 2021. He has endorsed brands such as CarNext.com, TAG Heuer, Aston Martin, DITA-Lancier, G-Star Raw and has been sponsored by Jumbo Supermarkets, Exact, Red Bull. He has been featured in the TV commercials for Ziggo Sports, Sport1 TV Network. His exact salary details is still to get unfold yet. His major source of wealth comes from his racing career and he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Max Verstappen?
Max Verstappen is a handsome racing driver with an athletic body type. He has a perfect height of 5 ft 9 inches and his body weight is 67 kg. He has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is light brown. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a freckled face and has a mole on his lips and one near his eyebrows. He has side-cropped hair with a lean physique.
Trivias About Max Verstappen You Need To Know.
- Max began karting at the age of just 4, competing in the Mini Junior championship in Limburg, Belgium.
- He has a Belgian mother and a Dutch father.
- His car racing debut came in 2014 when he took part in the Formula 3 Championship for Van Amersfoort Racing and finished the season in 3rd place, winning 10 races.
- He was honored with the prestigious annual Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2016.
- His real name is Max Emilian Verstappen.