Facts About Mayim Bialik
|47 Years Old
|Mayim Hoya Bialik
|5 ft 4 in
|Place Of Birth
|San Diego, California, US
|North Hollywood High School
|University of California, Los Angeles
|Bra Cup Size
|Source of Wealth
|Young Artist Award and more
|Facebook Twitter Instagram
Mayim Chaya Bialik, popularly Mayim Bialik is an American actress, voice actress, neuroscientist, and author. She is best known for her role as neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler on the CBS sitcom, The Big Bang Theory. For her role as Fowler, she has earned four Emmy nominations for supporting actress in a comedy series. For the same role, she won two Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series. She started her acting career as a child actress in the late 1980s. She first rose to prominence after she played the lead character on the NBC sitcom, Blossom. She has provided the voice in several movies and television series as well. Besides her acting career, she is a neuroscientist and holds a Ph.D. in neuroscience.
She has 3.5 million followers on Instagram, 2.5 million followers on Facebook, and 677k followers on Twitter.
What is Mayim Bialik Famous For?
- Her role as Amy Farrah Fowler in the CBS sitcom, The Big Bang Theory.
- Her role as Blossom Russo in the NBC sitcom, Blossom.
Where is Mayim Bialik From?
Mayim Bialik was born on 12 December 1975. Her birth name is Mayim Chaya Bialik. Her birth place is in San Diego, California in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to a father, Barry Bialik, and a mother, Beverly Winkleman. Three of her four grandparents immigrated from Poland, Czechoslovakia, and Hungary. Her family was Jewish immigrants who lived in The Bronx, New York City. She was raised as a Reform Jew. She now considers herself to be Modern Orthodox Jewish. She has also described herself as a "staunch Zionist". Her religion is Jewish. She belongs to white ethnicity and her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She has a brother named Isaac Brynjegard-Bialik.
Regarding her educational background, she attended North Hollywood High School in North Hollywood, California. She graduated from high school in 1993. She then attended the University of California, Los Angeles. She was accepted by Yale University and Harvard University but chose to attend UCLA. She graduated with a B.S. degree in neuroscience, with minors in Hebrew and Jewish Studies from UCLA in 2000. She later earned her Ph.D. degree in neuroscience from UCLA in 2007. She had taken a break from her studies to return to acting.
Mayim Bialik Career
- Mayim Bialik started her acting career as a child actress in the late 1980s.
- She made her television debut in a guest role in the tv series, Beauty and the Beast in 1987.
- She made her film debut with the 1988 comedy-drama film, Beaches.
- She later appeared in minor guest roles or recurring roles in several television series before landing the lead role as Blossom Russo in the NBC sitcom, Blossom in 1990.
- She starred in all seasons of the sitcom, Blossom from 1990 to 1995.
- Since then, she starred in numerous television series and sitcoms.
- She then landed the guest role of neurobiologist, Amy Farrah Fowler in the CBS sitcom, The Big Bang Theory in 2010.
- She became the regular cast as love interests of the character, Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory from season 4 until the show completed after 12 seasons in 2019.
- For her role in the sitcom, she was nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series four times, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series six times. She also received several other nominations for her role as Fowler.
- She had voice roles in numerous tv-series and sitcoms including, The Adventures of Hyperman, Recess, Llyod in Space, and Katbot among others.
- In comparison to her television roles, she has very few film credits to her name, most notably in the 1988 horror film, Pumpkinhead.
- She starred in the main role of Maggie Goldman in the 2006 comedy film, Kalamazoo?.
- In 2011, she starred in the role of Nancy Kurshan in the drama film, The Chicago 8.
- She wrote and directed the 2020 film, As Sick as They Made Us.
- Besides acting, she runs a production company, Sad Clown Productions, which started in 2019.
- The company signed exclusive contracts with Warner Bros. Entertainment.
- Sad Clown Productions, Jim Parsons' That's Wonderful Productions, BBC Studios, and Miranda Hart produced a comedy series, Call Me Kat in 2020. Bialik plays the lead title role in the comedy series, Call Me Kat. The series premiered in January 2021.
Mayim Bialik written books are:
- Beyond the Sling (2012)
- Mayim's Vegan Table (2014)
- Girling Up (2017)
- Boying Up (2018)
Mayim Bialik Awards
- 1988 Young Artist Award - Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy or Fantasy for Beaches.
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the 2012 Online Film Critics Society for The Big Bang Theory in 2012 and 2013.
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at the Critics' Choice Television Awards in 2016 and 2018.
- Keter Shem Tov Award at the 2019 Jew in the City Orthodox Jewish All Stars.
- Awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Boston University in 2014.
Mayim Bialik Husband
Mayim Bialik is reportedly single at present. She had maintained a private life about her relationship status. She was previously married to Michael Stone, with whom she shares two sons, Miles, and Frederick. The couple got married in a Victorian-themed ceremony that included traditional Jewish wedding customs on 31 August 2003. The couple divorced in 2012.
She started dating a guy in 2013. She never publicly identified her boyfriend to the media. The couple dated for 5 years before breaking up. More details about her personal life will be updated here.
She lives in Los Angeles, California.
Mayim Bialik Height and Weight
Mayim Bialik stands at a height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a body weight of 137 lbs i.e. 62 kg. She has an average body build. Her body measurements are 38-30-39 inches. Her eye color is light brown and her hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight. Her dress size is 14 (US) and her bra size is 36B. Her shoe size is 8.5 (US). She has an overall 14 ear piercings.
Mayim Bialik Net Worth
Mayim Bialik earns from her acting career. She has starred in numerous television series and sitcoms, most notably in the CBS sitcom, The Big Bang Theory. She was reportedly paid $500,000 per episode of The Big Bang Theory. Besides television, she has also starred in several movies. She is also one of the prominent voice actresses who have voice roles in numerous movies and tv shows. She has appeared in several tv commercials including Mcdonald's. As an author, she has published several books and co-owns a vegan restaurant, Bodhi Bowl in Los Angeles. The majority of her income comes from her acting career. Her net worth is estimated at $25 million at present.
Trivias About Mayim Bialik You Need To Know.
- Her name "Mayim" means "water" in Hebrew.
- Poet Hayim Nahman Bialik was her great-great-grandfather's uncle.
- She had a Bat Mitzvah.
- She appeared as an expert on the 8th season of the game show, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in 2010.
- She hosted the 38th season of the hidden camera reality show, Candid Camera in 2014.
- She was a guest judge in an episode in the 5th season of MasterChef Junior in 2017.
- She was a guest on the Drop the Mic episode of "Mayim Bialik vs Kunal Nayyar/Ashley Tisdale vs. Nick Lachey".
- She hosted the reality competition tv show, Celebrity Show-Off in 2020.
- She was on the celebrity panel on the game show, Match Game in 2020.
- She has voice roles in video games, X2: Wolverine's Revenge and Borderlands 3.
- She appeared in Michael Jackson's music video for "Liberian Girl".
- She founded Grok Nation in August 2015 for people of different ages and backgrounds to have conversations on contemporary issues. It was relaunched as a women's lifestyle site in March 2018.
- During the 2014 Gaza Conflict, she donated money to the IDF for armored vests.
- Bialik is a celebrity spokesperson for the Holistic Moms Network.
- She is vegan.
- She is a founding member of the Shamayim V'Aretz Institute, a Jewish organization that advocates for the ethical treatment of animals.
- She identified herself as a feminist.
- She is a first cousin, three times removed, of the Jewish poet Hayim Nahman Bialik.
- She is a music enthusiast and plays guitar, piano, trumpet, and harp.
- She is a cat lover. She had adopted a manatee, a wolf, and a whale.
- She suffered a car accident in 2012.