Mayra Flores - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Party, Election
Mayra Flores is a Mexican-American politician and health practitioner. Her political party is Republican Party. She is the representative-elect for Texas's 34th congressional district. On March 1, 2022, Flores and Gonzalez won their respective partisan primaries. She won the seat in a special election on June 14, 2022, becoming the first Mexican-born woman to serve in the United States Congress.
What is Mayra Flores Famous For?
- Being a Politician and health practitioner.
- For winning the seat in a special election on June 14, 2022, after Representative Filemon Vela Jr. resigned in March 2022.
What Nationality is Mayra Flores?
Mayra Flores was born on 1st January 1986. She is from Burgos, Mexico. Her birth name is Mayra Nohemi Flores. She holds Mexican-American nationality and her ethnicity is Mexican-White. She moved to the U.S. when she was six years old and became a U.S. citizen at 14. Her family often moved yearly throughout Texas during her childhood because of her and her parents' work picking cotton, which began in Memphis, Texas, when she was 13. Her present age is 37 as of 2022. She has not talked about her parent's and siblings' detail to the media. She attended South Texas college from where she graduated in 2019.
Mayra Fores Career Timeline
- Mayra worked in the Hidalgo County Republican Party as chair of Hispanic outreach prior to her entry into a political career.
- As her parents supported the Democratic Party, she was drawn to the Republicans due to her anti-abortion views.
- She declared her candidacy for the United States House of Representatives in Texas's 34th congressional district after incumbent Democratic representative Filemon Vela Jr. announced in March 2021 that he would not seek reelection in 2022.
- On 1st March 2022, Flores and Gonzalez won their respective partisan primaries and will face each other in the general election on November 8, 2022.
- Vela announced his early resignation from Congress in March 2022.
- Next, she declared her candidacy in the special election on June 14, 2022, to fill the vacancy.
- Flores defeated Democrat Dan Sanchez of Harlingen with 50.98% of the vote to Sanchez's 43.33%, avoiding a runoff and becoming the first Mexican-born woman to serve in Congress.
- During the special election, Flores reported $752,000 in contributions, while Sanchez reported $46,000.
- She flipped a Democratic House seat to a Republican one.
Who is Mayra Flores Husband?
Mayra Flores is a happily married woman. She tied a knot with her husband, John Vallejo who is an American border patrol agent. The duo is blessed with four children. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Mayra Flores?
Mayra Flores is a politician and health practitioner by profession. The net worth of Mayra Flores is believed to have $5 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth comes from her political career. She is living a cool lifestyle at present. Her exact salary has not been disclosed yet.
How tall is Mayra Flores?
Mayra Flores has a tall height of 1.67 m or 5 feet 6 inches. Her body weight consists of 55 Kg or 121 lbs. She has a pair of black eyes and her hair color is black.
Trivias About Mayra Flores You Need To Know.
- She was raised with conservative value.
- Before her election to Congress, Flores promoted the QAnon conspiracy theory. She has denied supporting QAnon, saying: "I've always been against any of that. I've never been supportive of it".
- She has worked as a respiratory therapist.
- She was elected the first female district attorney of Westchester County.
- She joined the Republicans because of her anti-abortion beliefs.