Mel Tucker - Bio, Net Worth, Coach, Football, Manager, Stats, Contract, Teams Coached, Salary, Shorts, College, Wife, Kids, Age, Height, Facts, Wiki
Mel Tucker is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the head football coach at Michigan State University. Moreover, he was previously the head coach at the University of Colorado.
Similarly, He was the interim head coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL) for five games in 2011. Further, he has worked as the defensive backs coach at the University of Alabama and as the defensive coordinator for both the Chicago Bears of the NFL as well as the University of Georgia. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Mel Tucker famous for?
- An American football coach and former player.
Where is Mel Tucker from?
Recalling his early life, Mel Tucker was born in Cleveland, Ohio in the year of 1972. Currently, he aged 48 years old. He is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Information regarding his parents and siblings is yet to be disclosed.
Where Did Mel Tucker Play College Football?
Concerning his education details, Mel attended the Cleveland Heights High School. Later, he attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He graduated from university with an agricultural business management degree in 1995.
When did Mel Tucker begin his coaching career?
- Upon graduation, Mel has worked under the guidance of head coach Nick Saban and gained some more experience to move forward in a coaching career.
- He is one of the most reputed college coaches in football and he is the one who brought NFL spirit to college football. He has worked as a coach for Cleveland Browns (2005-2008), Jacksonville Jaguars (2009-2012) and Chicago Bears (2013-2014).
- During his span at Georgia, the contribution of him proved his worth to lead the team’s talented defense to win an SEC championship and win Rose Bowl.
- In 2015, He reunited with Saban as Alabama’s associate head coach and defensive backs assistant for a year before becoming Georgia’s defensive coordinator from 2016 to 2018.
- On December 05th, 2018, He signed an agreement to become the Colorado Buffaloes football head coach starting in 2019.
- On February 12th, 2020, He resigned as Colorado's head coach.
Who is Mel Tucker married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Mel was married to Jo-Ellyn Tucker. Together, The pair shares two children; Joseph and Christian Tucker. Presently, the pair live a blissful life with their children without rumors of divorce or separation.
What Does Mel Tucker Make?
As a reputed and one of the most favorite college football coaches, Mel has earned so much fame with the fruitful amount of money with contracts. Based on some online reports, His net worth is estimated to be around $15 million although exact numbers of salary and other endorsements are under review at present.
How tall is Mel Tucker?
Observing his body statistics, Mel stands a height of 6 feet 3 inches and weighs around 95 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color with a 16 inches biceps size. Further, he has an athletic body with a 38 inches waist size and 44 inches chest size.