Melanie Martinez Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Dating, Boyfriend, Real Name, Family, Nationality, Height, Parent, Career, Albums, Tour, Wiki, Birthday
Melanie Martinez is an American singer, songwriter, music video director, screenwriter as well as a photographer. Appearing on the American television vocal talent show "The Voice", she came to prominence. She then released her debut single "Dollhouse", followed by her debut EP of the same name (2014), through Atlantic Records. Her debuted "Cry Baby" was released on 14th August 2015 which reached #6 on Billboard 200 and was certified as "Platinum" in the USA. Her songs "Sippy Cup", "Mad Hatter", "Mrs. Potato Head", "Cry Baby", "Pacify Her" and "Soap", were all certified gold in the U.S., and her songs "Dollhouse" and "Pity Party" received platinum certification from the RIAA. In 2019, her second studio album "K-12" was released. Her EP was released a year later in 2020, called "After School". She describes her own music as "very dark and honest" and "hip hop/trap-inspired beats with creepy nostalgic childlike sounds such as baby pianos, music boxes, and toys".
What is Melanie Martinez Famous For?
- Melanie Martinez's music has been described as pop, alternative pop, art pop, electropop, emo pop, and dark-pop.
- For her debut album "Cry Baby" and reaching the top 6 in the singing talent show "The Voice".
- For the look, as well as her "baby doll"-inspired outfits in music videos and when performing.
Who are the Parents of Melanie Martinez? Details About Her Early Life, Family, and Ethnicity
Melanie Martinez was born with the birth name/real name of Melanie Adele Martinez on April 28, 1995, in Astoria, New York City, New York, the USA. She is the daughter of Jose Martinez (father) and Murcy Martinez (mother). There are no details revealed about her siblings. Her family moved to Baldwin, New York on Long Island when Martinez was 4. She cut her 26th birthday as of 2021. Her Zodiac falls under Taurus and she follows the Christianity religion. During her early life for most of her childhood years, she grew up listening to Brandy, Britney Spears, Shakira, The Beatles, Tupac Shakur, Biggie Smalls, and Christina Aguilera. She wanted to be a singer from a young age. She is American by nationality and she belongs to a mixed ethnic background of Dominican and Puerto Rican. When Melanie was only 14, she taught herself how to play guitar by studying chord diagrams of songs she enjoyed, which she found online, and wrote her first song by adding her poetry to one of the chord diagrams, but says that playing guitar "eventually got stale".
Moving towards her education, Melanie went to Plaza Elementary School. Later, she attended Baldwin High School from where she graduated.
Melanie Martinez Career Timeline
- Melanie Martinez firstly participated in the "MSG Varsity Talent Show" in the year 2012 during her junior year of high school. But she was eliminated in the second round.
- She then auditioned for the third season of "The Voice" in the year 2012 and was selected. She auditioned singing Britney Spears's "Toxic". Three of the four judges, Adam Levine, CeeLo Green, and Blake Shelton, hit the "I Want You" button for her. She then chose Adam Levine to be her coach. Later, she was eliminated by audience vote in week five, along with the fellow Team Adam member Amanda Brown.
- After that, she began working independently on the original material after the show and then released her debut single, "Dollhouse" on 9th February 2014.
- On 7th April 2014, she signed to Atlantic Records and announced that she would tour.
- On 19th May 2014, she released her debut EP, "Dollhouse"
- The only single from the EP, "Carousel", was also certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and featured in a preview for FX's miniseries "American Horror Story: Freak Show".
- She next release the single "Pity Party" on 1st June 2015 which was certified gold by the RIAA.
- She released the album's second single "Soap" on 10th July 2015.
- Her second album entitled "Cry Baby" was released on 14th August 2015 and was certified Platinum on 24th February 2017.
- In November 2016, she released her third EP, "Cry Baby's Extra Clutter".
- In March 2017, she explained, "I'm currently writing a film... I'm going to spend the year working on it, directing, shooting, makeup and everything so it's a lot of work".
- Then, she released the first teaser trailer for the album revealing the title "K-12".
- She announced an EP titled "After School" in January 2020.
- On 10th February 2020, her management issued the first single from After School, titled "Copy Cat".
- On 26th June 2020, she released a second single from the EP, "Fire Drill".
- Her song "Play Date" released on the deluxe edition of Cry Baby in 2015, became one of the top 100 most-played songs on Spotify in the US after gaining popularity on the video-sharing application, TikTok.
- As of today, she is currently writing a music video for "Play Date", which she plans to shoot at her home.
Melanie Martinez Awards and Achievements
- Won the Student Television Award in 2008
- Nominated for Billboard Music Awards in 2020
Who is Melanie Martinez Boyfriend?
Melanie Martinez is an unmarried lady and she is still to get married. She is assumed to be single at present. She is currently focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship. Her sexual orientation is bisexual. She grew up in a "traditional Latin household" where she was made to feel shameful about talking about her sexuality and felt as if she would not be accepted if she came out as bisexual. She says that her family is now fully accepting of her sexuality. In 2021, Martinez updated her Instagram bio stating that she uses she/they pronouns.
Previously, she dated her boyfriend, Michael Keenan in mid-2015 who is a music producer. She confirmed her relationship via Twitter in February 2016. They separated in 2018 and she then deleted pictures of them together from her social media accounts. After that, she dated singer Oliver Tree in 2019. They seemed to have separated in 2020. In July 2020, Melanie had unfollowed Oliver on Instagram and deleted all their pictures from her account.
What is Melanie Martinez Net Worth?
Melanie Martinez is a singer, songwriter, actress, director, photographer, screenwriter, and visual artist by profession whose net worth is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2021. She made this fortune from the music industry which is his major source of wealth. She has done brand endorsement deals with cosmetics company, Lime Crime, Inc. She has released two lipsticks named, Cry Baby and Teddy Bear in 2015 and 2016 respectively. She appeared in the "Cry Baby Perfume Milk" commercial in October 2016. About her salary, she is making around $1 Million-$2 Million annually. She is living a standard lifestyle as of today.
Melanie Martinez Height and Weight: How tall is she?
Melanie Martinez is a charming personality woman with a slim body type. She has an average height of 5 ft 2 inches. Her weight consists of 46 Kg or 101.5 Pounds. She also seemed to have lost weight in 2017 if compared to her 2014 image. Her hair color is dark brown but she dyes her hair to different colors. At age sixteen, after watching 101 Dalmatians, Martinez dyed half of her hair blonde, in the same vein as Cruella de Vil. Her eye color is also dark brown. She has a body measurement of 33-24-32 in or 84-61-81 cm. Her dress size is 4 (US) or 34 (EU) and her shoe size is 5.5 (US). She has a gapped tooth. Once, Melanie has had stitches on her hand and chin.
Did You Know?
- Her grandmother inspired her to be a singer.
- Her grandmother inspired her to be a singer.
- When in kindergarten, she started writing poetry.
- She learned how to play guitar by herself at 14.
- She was included in the 2021 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list of musicians.
- She practiced photography and painting.