Melanie Sykes - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Boyfriend, Parents, Family, Nationality, Salary, Height, Weight, Facts, Wiki, Career, TV Shows
Melanie Sykes is a British TV and Radio Presenter, as well as a Model. She is famous for co-hosting "Today with Des and Mel" with Des O'Connor and "Let's Lunch" with Gino decamp. Additionally, she also appeared as a contestant on the 14th season of "I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here", where she finished in third place behind runner-up Jake Quickenden and inner Carl ‘Foggy' Fogarty. In 2006, the book Blooming Beautiful: My Plan for Looking Great, Being Healthy and Surviving Hormonal Havoc, Throughout Pregnancy and as a New Mum, co-written by Sykes with Hilary Boyd, was published by Michael Joseph. Sykes posed naked for the December 2011 edition of men's magazine Esquire. She also co-hosted Going Out with Alan Carr on BBC Radio 2 with Alan Carr from May 2010 until it ended in March 2012 and returned with Alan Carr for Alan and Mel's Summer Escape in 2017.
What makes Melanie Sykes so famous?
- For co-hosting Today with Des and Mel (now defunct) with Des O'Connor from 2002 to 2006.
- For co-hosting ITV's Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel with Gino D'Acampo since 2011.
What Ethnicity is Melanie Sykes?
Melanie Sykes was born on 7th August 1970 in Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancashire, England. Her birth name is Melanie Ann Sykes. She celebrated her 51st birthday as of 2021. Leo is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. About her parents, she was the daughter of Wendy Sykes (father) and Roberta Sykes (mother). She also has two siblings; two sisters named Samantha Sykes (Older) and Stacy Sykes (Younger). She holds British nationality and she came from a mixed ethnic background as she is of Anglo-Burmese on her father's side and Anglo-Indian on her mother's side.
Regarding her education, Melanie Sykes attended Mossley Hollins High School in Mossley, Tameside, Greater Manchester. After that, she went to Ashton Sixth Form College to study Religious Studies.
Melanie Sykes Career Timeline
- Melanie Sykes came to public attention as the face of the Boddingtons Bitter advertisements in the mid-1990s.
- She firstly reported for "The Big Breakfast".
- Then, she continued her television career, including presenting stints on "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out" of Here! and as presenter of "EastEnders Revealed".
- In addition, she presented "Melanie Sykes' Southall Stories", a documentary for BBC Two on Asian culture in Great Britain in 1999.
- Moreover, she also hosted a variety of awards ceremonies, including Miss World, the BAFTA Awards, and the Q Awards.
- She also made a successful comeback as host of "Today with Des and Mel" with Des O'Connor in the year 2002. ITV announced on 12th May 2006 stating that the show would be one of a number to be axed in a "painful, but utterly necessary" move.
- Her other work for ITV has included hosting shows "The Vault" (2003–2004), "Celebrities Under Pressure" (2003–2004), and "The British Soap Awards" (2003).
- Likewise, she appeared as a guest panelist on Loose Women in October and November 2005 and later returned as a guest anchor in October 2008 and May 2009.
- She also regularly filled in for Paul O'Grady as presenter of "The Paul O'Grady Show" from the year 2006 to 2009.
- She was the presenter of the daytime series "Gene Detectives" for BBC One and she was also a judge on 'The Sofa Factor', an item for "GMTV" in 2009.
- She guest presented five episodes of The 5 O'Clock Show in 2010. She also returned to daytime television, co-hosting "Let's Do Lunch with Gino & Mel" and "Let's Do Christmas with Gino & Mel" in 2011 but the show was then canceled in 2014.
- She also co-hosted the three-part series "Missing Millions" with Paul Heiney on ITV on 13th September 2011.
- She took part in the fourteenth series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" where she finished in third place, behind runner-up Jake Quickenden and winner Carl Fogarty.
- She co-presented "Humble Pie" in the year 2015 which is a cookery series for Watch, alongside Marco Pierre White.
- On 4th April 2017, she was confirmed as the new voice of "Blind Date", taking over the role most famously held by Graham Skidmore in the original series.
- In the year 2017, she appeared on a "celebrity" charity edition of the TV quiz show, The Chase. She departed early and did not make the final round.
- In March 2018, she won Star Baker in Channel 4's "The Great Stand Up to Cancer Bake Off".
- In the year 2021, she alongside Joanna Page was the new presenter of BBC One's consumer series "Shop Well for Less?"
- In August 2021 it was announced that she would be a competitor on BBC's "Celebrity MasterChef".
- Melanie Sykes presented "The A List", a national radio chart show based on total sales, produced by Unique the Production Company at the studios of London's Heart 106.2.
- She was heard on 'BBC Radio 2' with Aled Jones sitting in for Steve Wright in the Afternoon on 22, 23, and 24 December 2008.
- In May 2010, she began co-hosting the BBC Radio 2 show Going Out with Alan Carr after Emma Forbes' resignation.
- In January/February 2017 she and Carr again returned to Radio 2 to sit in for Paul O'Grady for 4 weeks.
- She alongside Carr presented their own Saturday morning show called "Alan and Mel's Summer Escape" on BBC Radio 2 for 10 weeks during the summer of 2017.
- She also presented a show with Carr on BBC Radio 2 on Christmas Eve and another on New Year's Eve in 2017.
- She and Carr returned for further specials for Easter, for the Royal Wedding, and for further runs of Alan and Mel's Summer Escape in 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- Moreover, she presented her own radio show on Capital FM.
Who is Melanie Sykes Husband?
Melanie Sykes was a married woman. She firstly married Italian actor, Daniel Caltagirone in January 2001. In April 2000, Mel and Daniel started dating each other. Together, they have two sons, Roman (born in the year 2002) and Valentino Luca (born 21st July 2004). They broke up their marriage in July 2008 and divorced in June 2009. After then, she started dating Jack Cockings in August 2012 after they met in 2012 over Twitter. For the second time, she married Jack Cockings on 18th May 2013 at Sherborne Castle in Dorset. In November 2013, Police arrested Mel over an assault against Cockings. She then filed for divorce and the duo separated in December 2013. Previously, she had affairs and relationships with Matt Goss, Jamie Theakston, Max Beesley, Chris Evans, Mick Hucknall. As of today, she is not single but she is currently in a relationship. Television presenter Melanie Sykes reunites with Italian boyfriend Riccardo Simionato who she says "has her heart". Melanie Sykes is said to be madly in love with Riccardo Simionato. She revealed that she will be stepping away from television after three decades in the industry has announced that she has reunited with her younger boyfriend, Riccardo Simionato. The pair are said to be madly in love with a source revealing: "Mel's hopeful this is her happy ending she's in love with Ricky." The former "I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!" contestant is currently on a romantic holiday in Venice with 24-year-old Riccardo for her 51st birthday celebrations. She is enjoying her present life happily with Riccardo without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Melanie Sykes Net Worth?
Melanie Sykes is a famous TV presenter as well as a model whose net worth is accumulated to have $5 million as of 2021. Whereas the information related to his income and salary is unavailable at a moment. However, she is living a standard lifestyle as of today. Her main source of wealth comes from her TV career. She has been the face of Head & Shoulders shampoo in Britain, appearing in print and television advertising and the high street chain Matalan. She has also appeared in advertisements for Morrisons, Wynsors World of Shoes, and Churchill Insurance. Sykes has her own line of underwear and lingerie with high street chain and retailer Debenhams. In June 2016, Sykes launched a lifestyle website that features fitness, food, and lifestyle content as well as celebrity interviews and competitions. In 2013, she was announced as the brand ambassador for Bio-Synergy Active Woman Range.
How much does Melanie Sykes weigh?
Melanie Sykes is a beautiful actress. Her body type is slim. She has a height of 5 feet 9 inches or 1.75 m and her body build is an hourglass. She has a balanced weight which consists of 57 Kg or 126 Pounds. She has a nice body figure of 37-25-36 inches. She used dress size 6 (US). Her hair color is dark brown and her eye color is hazel. Her bra size is 34C and her shoe size is 9 US.