Last updated on August 18th, 2023 at 02:17 am
Facts About Melissa McCarthy
|Celebrated Name||Melissa McCarthy|
|Age||52 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Melissa Ann McCarthy|
|Place Of Birth||Plainfield, Illinois|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Ethnicity||Mixed (English, German, and Irish)|
|Education||St. Francis Academy (now Joliet Catholic Academy)|
|Married Date||October 8, 2005|
|Children||Two - Vivian and Georgetta|
|Body Measurement||43-38-45 inches|
|Height||5 feet 2 inches|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Net Worth||$ 50 Million|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Melissa Ann McCarthy or simply Melissa McCarthy is one of the worlds highest paid actress. She is an actress, comedian, writer, fashion designer, and producer from Plainfield, Illinois. Her famous roles are as Sookie St. James on the Gilmore Girls, Dena on Samantha Who?, Molly on Mike and Molly, as Megan Price in the comedy movie Bridesmaids, and many other TV series and movies. Melissa McCarthy started her clothing line, Melissa McCarthy Seven7 in 2015.
What is Melissa McCarthy known for?
- An American actress, comedian, writer, fashion designer, and producer.
- One of the worlds highest paid actress in Hollywood.
- Her role Sookie St. James on the Gilmore Girls.
Melissa McCarthy: Oscar-nominated actress wins a Golden Raspberry
The winners of the Golden Raspberries, for the worst films and performances of the year, have been announced.
Melissa McCarthy won worst actress - despite the fact she is also up for the best actress gong at the actual Oscars. She received her Razzie for her roles in both The Happytime Murders and Life of the Party.
However, she did receive a consolation in the form of a "Razzie redeemer award" for Can You Ever Forgive Me? - the film for which she is nominated for best actress at the real Academy Awards. She plays author-turned-conwoman Lee Israel, but she's an outsider for the Oscar - she'll have to beat Glenn Close and Olivia Colman, among others, to win. Even if she does, she won't be the first person to win an Oscar and a Razzie in the same year.
She even turned up to the Razzies ceremony with a trailer full of DVDs of the offending film. Unfortunately, McCarthy didn't have the chance to receive her raspberry in person because the Razzies no longer hold a physical award ceremony.
Where did Melissa McCarthy grow up?
Melissa McCarthy was born in Plainfield, Illinois. Her full name is Melissa Ann McCarthy. She is the daughter of Michael and Sandra McCarthy. Her father Michael is of the Irish origin and her mother has a mixed English, German, and Irish ancestry. She was raised in a Catholic family. Her birth sign is Virgo.
Melissa McCarthy attended the St. Francis Academy (now Joliet Catholic Academy) in Joliet, Illinois and graduated from the same. She then moved to New York where she initially worked as a stand-up comedian. She also received her training at The Actor’s Studio performing for stage productions until she moved to Los Angeles in late 1990s.
Career and Achievements of Melissa McCarthy
- She would embark on an acting career in the late 1990s. She received her first role in television for the NBC comedy series ‘Jenny’ in which she starred opposite her cousin Jenny McCarthy.
Her first film appearance was in the comedy movie ‘Go’ (1999) where she had a minor role. Thereafter, she was seen in minor roles in movies such as ‘Drowning Mona’ (2000), ‘Charlie’s Angels’ (2000), ‘The Third Wheel’ (2002), and ‘The Life of David Gale’ (2003).
- In 2000, she did a voiceover for the character DNAmy for the three episodes of the animated series ‘Kim Possible’. She also appeared in two episodes as Molly in the TV series ‘D.C.’.
Melissa received her big break when she was cast as Sookie St. James in the TV series ‘Gilmore Girls’. She essayed the protagonist’s upbeat best friend and her business partner. The show ran for many years, and Sookie remained a recurring character.
- She gained more recognition in the industry once she became a part of the regular cast in ‘Gilmore Girls’. The hit Warner Bros. TV series allowed her to find more roles.
She starred in the science thriller ‘The Nines’ in 2007. She was cast opposite Ryan Reynolds and the movie was directed by John August. After this, she was seen in several indie movies such as ‘The Captain’ (2007), ‘Just Add Water’ (2008), and ‘Pretty Ugly People’ (2008).
- Her second big break arrived when she was cast as Dena Stevens in the ABC sitcom ‘Samantha Who?’. Melissa again played the role of the protagonist’s best friend but with a twisted plotline. Though a supporting character, she was present in all episodes. The series ran for two years, from 2007 to 2009.
- Her other TV roles in 2009 included ‘Rita Rocks’, where she played Mindy Boone in a guest appearance. She was also seen in ‘Private Practice’ as Lynn McDonald in an episode titled ‘Best Laid Plans’.
In 2010, she was seen in minor roles in the films ‘The Back-Up Plan’ and ‘Life as We Know It’ in minor roles. This would pave her path for the biggest role in her career.
- She was cast in a leading role in the sitcom ‘Mike & Molly’ in September 2010. She played the role of Molly Flynn, who meets Mike at an Overeaters Anonymous group and falls in love. The series unravels their life as a couple.
- ’Mike & Molly’ ran for six seasons from 2010 to 2016. She was nominated five times for the Emmy and won her first Emmy Award for her role in this series in 2017.
- In 2011, she was cast in the movie ‘Bridesmaids’ along with Kristen Wiig, Rose Byrne, and Ellie Kemper. Her performance fetched her an Academy Award nomination.
- In 2011, she was the host of the ‘Women in Film Crystal and Lucy Awards’. She also hosted ‘Saturday Night Live’ for the first time in October 2011. She later returned to host it in 2013, 2014, and 2017.
Following her success, she had supporting roles in ‘This is 40’ (2012) and ‘The Hangover: III’ (2013). She landed a leading role in the comedy crime movie ‘Identity Thief’ opposite Jason Bateman, in 2013. The movie was commercially successful at the box office.
- She also worked alongside Sandra Bullock in the movie ‘The Heat’ (2013). The movie was a worldwide success and received critical acclaim.
- She turned to become a scriptwriter and co-wrote the script of ‘Tammy’ (2014). She played the leading character in the movie, and it was a moderate success at the box office.
In 2014, she starred opposite Bill Murray in ‘St. Vincent’. The movie was a moderate commercial success with favourable reviews.
- In 2015, she starred in the comedy ‘Spy’. The movie became a success and McCarthy received a Golden Globe nomination for her role. She was subsequently awarded a star in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2015, she was ranked as the third-highest paid actress in the world by opened in 2015. Her clothes are sold at major retailers.
In 2016, she appeared in the revival ‘Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life’ premiered on Netflix. Later in the year, she starred in ‘The Boss’ which was a commercial success. She was also cast in the movie ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ where she replaced Julianne Moore.
- She was recently seen in the movie ‘Life of the Party’ (2018) and ‘The Happytime Murders’ (2018). Her upcoming movie ‘The Kitchen’ and 'Super Intelligence' is slated to be released in 2019.
What's Melissa McCarthy's net worth?
One of the versatile actress Melissa McCarthy deserves to have a good net worth and salary. Well, her current net worth is $ 50 million. She is one of the highest paid actresses with $ 36 million of 2017 according to the record of Forbes. Well, her net worth and salary are sure to be increased in the upcoming days.
In addition, She is active on social sites like Twitter with 921 k followers and Instagram with 5.5 million followers.
Who is Melissa McCarthy married to?
Famous actress Melissa McCarthy is already married. She is blessed with a happy married life. She married her long term boyfriend Ben Falcone on October 8, 2005.
Ben is also an actor as well as an alumnus of The Groundlings. They welcomed their first daughter Vivian in May 2007 who played a younger version of her mother's character in the movie The Boss. However, they welcomed their second daughter Georgetta in March 2010.
Besides this, there are no records of her other relationships. Moreover, there are no rumors about their divorce.
Nowadays, Falcon sometimes makes cameo appearances in movies and television shows starring McCarthy, such as a third-season episode of Gilmore Girls.
Body Measurements of Melissa McCarthy
Melissa McCarthy stands 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 207 lbs. She has light brown hair and her eyes are green. Her vital stats are 43-38-45 inches. She wears a shoe size of 9 (US). Her dress size is unknown.
Trivias About Melissa McCarthy You Need To Know.
- Fourth highest-paid actress of 2017 with $36 million.
- She worked as a costumer for a dance company in Colorado.
- After her first audition, she was told that she was "not the neighbour type".
- In January 2019, she was nominated for both Golden Raspberry Awards and Academy Awards in 24 hours.
- She is a non-smoker.