Melissa Reeves - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Parents, Age, Birthday, Facts, Wiki, Height, Racist, Controversies, Career, TV Shows, Kids
An American born Actress Melissa Reeves who is known for her role as Jennifer Horton on "Days of Our lives". Days of Our Lives is one of the longest-running script television programs in the world since 1965. She has won several awards in her career. Her debut television role was as Jade Perkins on Santa Barbara from 1984-85 for which she was nominated for Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress in a Daytime or Nightime Television Series(1985-1986). Her debut movie was in 1983, as Georgina in "Somewhere, Tomorrow" movie.
Apart from that, she has also appeared in other movies like Where the Fast Lane Ends, Half a Dozen Babies, and Summer Camp Nightmare. She has also appeared on TV Series like Santa Barbara, Deadly Nightmares, and The Hitchhiker.
What is Melissa Reeves famous for?
- Starred as the role of Jennifer Horton in Days of Our lives in television series from 1985 which is the longest-running television program.
- Hottest Female Star of Days of Our Lives TV Series in 1994.
Where is Melissa Reeves From?
Melissa Reeves an actress whose real name is Melissa Brennan by her birth name. She was born on March 14, 1967, in Eatontown, Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States and she holds an American Nationality and citizen of American. Her ethnicity is White. Her father's name is Lawrence Brennan and her mother's name is Marion Brennan. She has one older brother named David Brennan. She is Pisces by her zodiac sign. Her religion is Christianity. There is no information available about her family's occupation and her education so far.
There is no information about her social media accounts as she has fame and name in the entertainment world.
Melissa Reeves Days of Our Lives
- Melissa Reeves's debut film was "Somewhere, Tomorrow" in 1983 where she played in the role of Georgina. She has played the Summer Camp Nightmare movie in 1987 as Heather. She has also played "Half a Dozen Babies" as Becki Dilley in 1999.
- Her first Debut Television series from 1984-1985 in Santa Barbara as Jade Perkins and she was nominated for Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress in a Daytime or Nighttime Television Series category consecutively in 1985 and 1986.
- Luckily she started new series"Days of Our Lives" as Jennifer Horton on and off from 1985-2010 where husband and wife team Ted Corday and Betty Corday were the creators of that series.
- In the middle of 1995, Corday Productions and Sony TV Entertainment sued her for breach of contract during the show's thirteenth anniversary. That matter was settled out-of-court with Melissa paying an unspecified sum. The executive producer of Days of Our Lives; Ken Corday donate that sum to pediatric AIDS research.
- In 2000, She was rehired by Days of our Lives producers and did a six-year stint with the show that time. In her absence actress, Stephanie Cameron was replaced for the role of Jennifer and was recast.
- She confirmed that she is leaving the show after her sixth year with Days of our lives and moved to Tennessee state with her family and again she returned to Days of our Lives on June 9, 2010, and continues to play the role of Jennifer Horton.
- She has starred "The Hitchhiker" a mystery horror anthology television series in 1987.
Melissa Reeves Awards
- She has won 4 awards and 5 nominations in various categories in different years.
- She won Soap Opera Digest Awards for Outstanding Daytime Super Couple for Days of our Lives which she shared with Mathew Ashford in 1991.
- She won Soap Opera Digest Awards for Best Daytime Wedding award for the same show and shared with Mathew Ashford in 1992.
- She won Soap Opera Digest Award for Best Primetime or Daytime Love story for Days of our lives with Mathew Ashford in 1992.
- She won the Hottest Female Star award for Days of our Lives in 1994.
- She was nominated for Young Artist Awards for Best Young Actress in a Daytime or Nighttime TV Series for Santa Barbara consecutively in 1985 and 1986.
- She was nominated Young Artist Awards for Exceptional Performance by a Young Actor in a Daytime Series for Days of our Lives in 1987.
- She was nominated for Young Artist Awards for Best Young Actress Starring in a TV Drama Series for Days of our Lives in 1988.
- She was nominated for Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series for Days of our Lives in 1992.
'Days of Our Lives' star Melissa Reeves receives backlash for liking anti-Black Lives Matter posts online
On June 25, 2020, An English newspaper dailymail.co.uk had published an article posted from her fans and castmates on social media about Liking anti-Black Lives Matter posts. The issue began when a fan shared screenshots of the posts-originally made by Candace Owens to Twitter and noted how 'absolutely disgusted and sick' they felt over Reeves' presumed stance. But as of Thursday morning 26 June, Melissa had not addressed the online backlash.
Melissa Reeves Husband
As she won the Hottest Female Star award, she is obviously a cute and good looking actress. She is straight to sexual orientation. She is a married woman. She is married to Scott Reeves who is an actor and country music singer. She started dating from 1988 and finally got married on March 23, 1990, in the presence of her relatives and close friends. She has two children one daughter and a son. Emily Taylor Reeves is her daughter's name and Lawrence"Larry" David Reeves is his son's name.
She had a short-termed romantic relationship with Jon Hensley who is an actor, singer, and songwriter in the year 1987.
How Tall is Melissa Reeves?
She has a slim body with a voluptuous figure. She is 1.57 m (5 feet 2 inches) tall and weight of 56kg(123.5lbs). Her hair color is blonde and Blue is her eye color. She has gorgeous hair and high cheekbones which made her more beautiful and attractive.
Melissa Reeves Net Worth
She has a great name and fame in the entertainment industry, her income source is from her acting. She has played the longest television series Days of our Lives for more than a decade. She has also played numerous tv films and movies. Although there is no information available about her wages for her tv series but must have a good fortune. Her estimated net worth as of 2019 is approx.$9 million.
Trivias About Melissa Reeves You Need To Know.
- Her husband, Scott Reeves, when he was part of the cast of Days of Our Lives (1965).
- She dated Jon Hensley who is an actor and singer.
- Melissa's son is also named after her father, Larry Brennan, a radio broadcaster.
- Melissa made her first TV show appearance by portraying the character of Jade Perkins, Joe Perkins’ youngest sister, in an episode of the NBC soap opera, Santa Barbara, in 1984.
- Melissa's cousin, Elizabeth Percy, is also an actress.
- She shares her birthday with the likes of Michael Caine, Quincy Jones, and Jamie Bell.
- In 1999, Melissa Reeves starred as Becki Dilley in the drama TV movie, Half a Dozen Babies, alongside Scott Reeves.