Facts About Mena Suvari
|Celebrated Name||Mena Suvari|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Mena Suvari|
|Birth Name||Mena Alexandra Süvari|
|Profession||Actress , Model , Fashion Designer|
|Place Of Birth||Newport, Rhode Island, USA|
|High School||Providence High School, Burbank, CA|
|Best Known For||American Pie, American Beauty|
|Endorsment||Print ads for Lancôme Paris Adaptîve,Model for Lan|
|Bra Cup Size||B|
|Agent||Celebrity Talent International, Entertainment Book|
|Awards Won||Online Film Critics Society, Young Hollywood Award|
|Husband||Michael Hope (Ex-husbands: Robert Brinkmann, Simone Sestito)|
|Son||Christopher Alexander Hope|
|Married Date||Michael Hope (2018-), Robert Brinkmann (2000-2005), Simone Sestito (2010-2012)|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and Modeling|
|Net Worth||$7 million|
Mena Alexandra Suvari, popularly known as Mena Suvari is an American actress, fashion designer, and model. She started her career as a model and later transitioned into film and tv series acting. She rose to prominence after she starred in the 1999 film American Beauty. She was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role. To date, she has starred in numerous movies and television shows. Her role in the HBO drama series Six Feet Under earned her Screen Actors Guild Award nomination. As a model, she has worked with several brands and business organizations. She is also known for her philanthropic works in several sectors.
What is Mena Suvari Famous For?
- Her role in films, American Beauty and American Pie original film series.
Where is Mena Suvari From?
Mena Suvari was born on 13 February 1979. Her birth name is Mena Alexandra Suvari. Her birth place is in Newport, Rhode Island in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to her father Ando Suvari and her mother Candice Suvari. She has Greek ancestry on her mother's side whereas she has Estonian ancestry from her father's side. She has three siblings, AJ, Sulev, and Juri. She belongs to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Ashley Hall after the family moved to Charleston, South Carolina. She later relocated to California and attended Providence High School. She graduated from High School in 1997.
Mena Suvari Career
- While a teenage student, she was considering becoming an archaeologist, astronaut, or doctor.
- A modeling agency stopped by her school, Ashley Hall, to offer classes.
- Her future plan changed into modeling.
- She worked with Millie Lewis Models and Talent.
- She appeared in a Rice-A-Roni commercial.
- She modeled for the New York-based Wilhelmina agency for over 5 years.
- Alongside modeling, she also pursued acting.
- She made her television debut with a guest role in the sitcom, Boy Meets World in 1995.
- She later starred in several television series in guest roles before making her film debut with the 1997 drama film, Nowhere.
- She made her breakthrough after she played Angela Hayes in the 1999 black comedy-drama film, American Beauty.
- She was nominated for BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role.
- After her breakthrough in 1999, she started landing major roles in films and television series.
- She starred as Heather in American Pie in 1999.
- She later reprised her role in American Pie 2 and American Reunion.
- Other notable films by Suvari include Slums of Beverly Hills (1998), Loser (2000), Sugar & Spice (2001), Rumor Has It (2005), Stuck (2007), and You May Not Kiss the Bride (2010).
- She played the lead role in the crime horror film, The Murder of Nicole Brown in 2019.
- She has also starred in major roles in numerous television series.
- She played the recurring role of Edie in the drama series, Six Feet Under in 2004. Her role earned her Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- She starred in American Horror Story: Murder House in 2011. She reprised her role in American Horror Story: Apocalypse in 2018.
- She played Isabelle Thomas in the second season of the drama series, Chicago Fire in 2013.
- In 2015, she played Maria Abascal in the supernatural horror drama series, South of Hell.
- She appeared as Kathleen in the comedy series, American Woman in 2018.
- Besides acting, she has modeled for several brands and business organizations.
- She is a model for Lancome cosmetics. She also models in Lancome Paris Adaptive.
- She has appeared in print ads for the luxury accessories company, Coach.
- She has appeared in numerous commercials as well.
- She frequently makes appearances at New York Fashion Week.
Who is Mena Suvari Husband?
Mena Suvari is a married woman. She is married to Michael Hope. The couple got married in October 2018. The couple welcomed their first child together, a son named Christopher Alexander Hope in April 2021.
Suvari was previously married twice. Her first marriage was to German-born cinematographer, Robert Brinkmann. The couple were married from 2000 until their divorce in 2005. She was 17 years younger than her first-husband Robert. Her second marriage was to Italian concert promoter Simone Sestito. The couple got engaged in 2008 and got married in 2010. They separated in 2011 and their divorce was finalized in 2012.
She revealed in July 2021 interview that she has been the victim of sexual abuse in her past. She stated that she was first abused by one of her older brothers' friends when she was in 6th grade. She also revealed that she was sexually abused throughout her 3-year relationship with a man who she met in her teenage.
How Tall is Mena Suvari?
Mena Suvari stands at the height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a body weight of 106 kg i.e. 48 kg. She has a slim body build. Her body measurements are 31.5-24-33 inches. Her eye color is hazel and she has blonde hair. Her dress size is 0 (US) and her shoe size is 6 (US). She has a tattoo of a lion's face on the back of her neck, inscribed with the words "Word Sound Power". Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Mena Suvari Net Worth?
Mena Suvari is one of the familiar names in the American entertainment industry. She has starred in numerous movies and tv shows. Having started her career as a model in her teenage, she later became an actress. She has already starred in over 40 films to date. Besides acting, she is a prominent model and has worked with several brands and companies. She has appeared in numerous television commercials. She is a model for Lancome cosmetics and has appeared in print ads for Lancome Paris Adaptive and luxury accessories company, Coach. She has appeared in television commercials for Continental Sauces, Orange, and Rice-A-Roni. She is also a fashion designer. Summing up, Suvari makes her fortune from her career in the entertainment industry. At present, her net worth is estimated at $7 million.
Trivias About Mena Suvari You Need To Know.
- Her mother is a nurse and her father is a psychiatrist.
- She has voice role in series Lakewood Plaza Turbo.
- She was a celebrity contestant in the television game show, Hollywood Game Night in 2013.
- She appeared in Lip Sync Battle against Alicia Silverstone in 2018.
- She voiced Aerith Gainsborough in the 2006 animated film, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
- She unsuccessfully auditioned for the iconic role of Mary Jane in the Spider-Man (2002) movie
- She has graced the magazines, Seventeen, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Details, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Vogue, Marie Claire, Tatler, Glamour, and Lucky.
- Maxim ranked her at No. 52 on their "Hot 100 of 2008" list.
- She designed a scarf line, ECHO with Natural Resources Defense Council.
- She has also played on the World Poker Tour in the Hollywood Home games for the Starlight Children's Foundation.
- She is active in female empowerment issues, being involved with several charities whose cause is breast cancer.
- She advocates the "End Violence Against Women" campaign.
- She tours high schools as a "Circle Of Friends" spokesperson, encouraging teenagers to quit smoking.
- A long-time supporter and activist for the African Medical and Research Foundation, she has visited Africa to work on "small-income-generating and water-and-sanitation projects".
- She became vegan in 2017 and only uses cruelty-free and environmentally friendly products.