Meryl Streep - Bio, Net Worth, Meryl, Streep, Movies, Best Movies, TV Shows, Awards, Oscars, Meme, Husband, Daughter, Children, Parents, Young, Age
Meryl Streep is a famous American actress who has been nominated for a record 21 Academy Awards and has won three out of them. She is also considered to be the best actress of her generation. She has also won eight Golden Globe Awards among her 31 Golden Globe Nominations. She is also known for her starring role in the TV series "Big Little Lies".
What is Meryl Streep famous for?
- Famous as an American actress.
- For her role in the drama series "Big Little lies"
When was Meryl Streep born?
Meryl Streep was born on 22nd June 1949 in Summit, New Jersey, US. Her birth name is Mary Louise Streep. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is German-Swiss. Cancer is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Mary Wilkinson Streep (mother) and Harry William Streep Jr. (father). Her father was a pharmaceutical executive while her mother was a commercial artist and editor. She has two younger brothers, Harry William Streep III, and Dana David Streep. Both of her brothers are actors. Her mother is her inspiration to be an actress. Her present age is 72 as of 2021.
She was raised in her hometown, New Jersey. She did her schooling at Cedar Hill Elementary School and Bernards High School. She attended Vassar College and graduated with a B.A in drama.
She also starred as Louise Heller in the school drama "The Family Upstairs". She also enrolled as an exchange student at Dartmouth College and received an Honorary Doctor of Arts degree in 1981.
Later, she received her M.F.A. degree from Yale School of Drama. During her years at Yale, she appeared in many dramas and plays. She also was the high school cheerleader for Bernards High School. She also learned dance from the choreographer, Camen de Lavallade. She played a variety of roles in dramas during her school days.
Meryl Streep's Career Highlights
- Meryl Streep started her professional acting career by performing for several theatre productions in New York and New Jersey in 1975.
- She also appeared in the Broadway musical "Happy End" in the year 1976.
- She also appeared in the movie "Deer Hunter" in the movie "Deer Hunter" in 1978. The movie was a super hit and earned her first-ever Academy Award nomination.
- In the 1980s, she played different roles for various movies including, ‘Falling in Love’, ‘Plenty’, ‘Out of Africa’, ‘Heartburn’ and ‘Ironweed’.
- Her career could not rise in the 1990s due to her unsuccessful roles in different flop movies such as "Postcards from the Edge", "Defending your life" and "Death Becomes Her".
- In the year 2000, she made her breakthrough from flop movies with her role in the hit movie "A.I Artificial Intelligence".
- Then, she started giving many hit movies such as "Stuck on You", "The Manchurian Candidate" and "Monet's Palate".
- In the year 2006, her starred movie "The Devil Wears Prada" became her one of the most successful commercial movies.
- She got highly appreciated for her role in the movie "The Iron Lady" which was released in 2011.
- In the year 2015, she also starred in the hit movie "Rickie and the Flash".
- She also portrayed the role of the first American female newspaper publisher, Katharine in the 2017 movie "The Post".
- In the year 2018, she reprised the role of Donna in the musical sequel "Mamma Mia Here We Go Again.
- She played the role of Nicole Kidman in the hit TV series "Big Little Lies" in its second season.
- Her other hit movies are Suffragette(2015), The Homesman(2014), Hope Springs(2012), Doubt(2008), Mamma Mia(2008), and Out of Africa(1985).
- She then starred in the Steven Soderbergh-directed biographical comedy "The Laundromat",
- She also played Aunt March in Greta Gerwig's "Little Women".
- She voiced a role in the Apple TV+ animated short film "Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth" in 2020.
- She reunited with Nicole Kidman for Netflix, in Ryan Murphy's "The Prom".
- She appeared with director Steven Soderbergh for his HBO Max comedy film "Let Them All Talk".
- Streep will next star opposite Jennifer Lawrence in "Don't Look Up" directed by Adam McKay, for Netflix.
Who is Meryl Streep married to?
The American actress, Meryl Streep is married to Don Gummer. They tied the knot on 30th September 1978. Don Gummer is an American sculptor. The couple is blessed with a son, Henry Wolfe Gummer, and with three daughters: Mary Wila, Grace Jane, and Louisa Gummer.
Henry is a musician and Louisa is a model. Mary and Grace are actresses just like her. She is also the grandmother of Mary's son. Recently, Meryl Streep's daughter, Grace Gummer married musician Mark Ronson on 4th September 2021. Mark Ronson announced the news of his nuptials in an Instagram post to his 900,000 followers, sharing a black and white snap of their wedding day. He wrote in the caption: "To my truest love...out of nowhere, you made 45 hands down the greatest year of my life. And i'm sure it took me 45 years to become the man worthy of your love. "I hope I spend every one of these birthdays by your side til [sic] my last day. And beyond. Forever and ever yours (and yes, we got married)." There had been rumors that the pair were engaged earlier in the year, and made their first appearance together in July at a Gucci event in the Hamptons, New York. Ronson was previously engaged to actress Rashida Jones from 2003 to 2004. Whereas Gummer was previously married to musician Tay Strathairn.
She was also in a three-year relationship with an actor, John Cazale. Their relation came to an end after John's death due to lung cancer.
At present, she lives in New Jersy with her family. She has won three Academy Awards, eight Golden Globe awards, two Guild Awards, and three Satellite Awards. She was also nominated three times for the Primetime Emmy Awards. She is also active in social media with 517k followers on Instagram.
How much does Meryl Streep earn?
The eight-time Oscar winner, Meryl Streep has an estimated net worth of $160 million as of 2021. She makes her money through her movies, shows, endorsements, and many others. Streep had a handsome salary of $825,000 per episode of a J.J. Abrams show, "The Nix". Further to her new show "Big Little Lies", she has an earning of around $1 million. Her major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry nd she is living a lavish lifestyle.
Body Measurements of Meryl Streep
The 72 years aged, Meryl Streep has a well maintained slim body. She stands tall with a height of 5 ft. 6in. or 1.68 m. Her body weighs 73 Kg or 61 lbs. Her body measurements are 38-30-39 inches with her bra size of 36B, a shoe size of 8.5(U.S) and a dress size of 12 (US). She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and hazel blue eyes.