Last updated on August 13th, 2023 at 12:05 am
Facts About Mia Farrow
|Celebrated Name||Mia Farrow|
|Age||78 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Maria de Lourdes Villiers Farrow|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, U.S|
|High School||Catholic convent by nuns|
|Height||5 feet 4 in|
|Spouse||Ex: Frank Sinatra, Andre Previn|
|Children||11: Soon-Yi, Moses, Tam, Lark, Thaddeus, Matthew, Sascha, Fletcher, Danyl, Satchel and more|
|Net Worth||$60 Million|
|Best Known For||Excellent roles in the film "Rosemary's Child"|
|Awards||BAFTA Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress|
Maria de Lourdes "Mia" Villiers Farrow famed as Mia Farrow is a famous American actress, singer, fashion model as well as activist. She rose in the fame after her role as Allison MacKenzie in the television soap opera entitled "Peyton Place". Later, she entered in the films career and played a vital role in the film such as "Rosemary's Baby" in the year 1968, "Follow Me" in the year 1972 and many more hit movie. Till now, she had been appeared in more than 60 films and has won many achievements and awards. Beside movie career, she has also been involved in humanitarian activities.
Gossips and Rumors:
Soon-Yi Previn breaks decades-long silence to defend Woody Allen. Soon-Yi Previn has broken her silence about the allegations of sexual misconduct against her husband, filmmaker Woody Allen, in a new interview in which she also discusses their 20-year marriage. Previn, 47, said "[Mia] has taken advantage of the #MeToo movement and paraded Dylan as a victim".
Early Life of Mia
Mia Farrow was born in the year 1945 in Los Angeles, California, U.S and was raised in Beverly Hills. Currently, her age is 73. She was born to John Farrow, her father and Maureen O'Sullivan, her mother. She is one of the 7 children and she is the third child and eldest among her siblings. Her sibling's names are Michael Damien and Patrick (Older brother), John Charles (Younger brother), Prudence (Younger sister) and Stephanie and Tisa. Her eldest brother Michael Farrow died at the age of 19 in a plane crash and Patrick committed suicide in the year 2009. As she was born to American parents, her nationality is American. She is of White ethnicity. Both Mia's family were from Catholic families. She was raised as a Roman Catholic.
Moving towards her education, she obtained her primary level education and high school education at a Catholic convent by nuns. At the age of 9, she contracted polio affecting 500 people during an outbreak. Due to this, she was placed in an isolation ward for 3 weeks.
In February 1968, she traveled to India, where she spent part of the year at the ashram of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, studying Transcendental Meditation.
Body Features of Mia
The beautiful, Mia Farrow now stands 5 feet 4 inches tall. Her balanced weight is 109 lbs. Being the age of 73, she still managed the beauty of her face as well as her body. She looks very attractive and has a very charming smile. He body measurement is 20-20-20 and has blonde hair.
Career of Mia
- Presently, the famous actress and singer, Mia started her primary career as a fashion model and tried to overcome for many years. She was also screen tested for the role in "The Sound of Music" but didn't get the part.
- Later, she began her career in acting. She began appearing as a supporting role in many movies and made her debut appearance in the movie Guns at Batasi (1963) and due to her brilliant performance, she also achieved stardom on the soap opera named "Peyton Place".
- After that, she became successful in leading her first film role in the movie "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) which became highly successful and also she gained numerous awards including Golden Globe Award for New Start of the Year Actress.
- Following her success, she was to be cast in the movie "Secret Ceremony" and during the filming, she was having a reputation for being rude and later quit her role and later played in the movie "John and Mary".
- She also performed many classical plays including "Mary Rose", "The Three Sisters" and "Ivanov" and became the first American actress to join the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Her movies includes: See No Evil (1971), Docteur Popaul (1972), The Great Gatsby (1974), A Wedding (1978), Peter Pan (1976), Zelig, Broadway Danny Rose, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Hannah and Her Sisters, Radio Days and Alice (1990), Supergirl (1984), Widows' Peak (1994), Miami Rhapsody (1995), Reckless (also 1995), The Omen (2006), and more.
- She also gave her voice in the animated film "The Last Unicorn" (1982).
- In September 2014, Mia Farrow returned to Broadway in the play "Love Letters".
- Besides this, she also became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in the year 2000 and is a high-profile advocate for human rights in Africa, particularly for children's rights.
- Along with this, she also worked to raise funds and awareness for children in conflict-affected regions and to draw attention to the fight to eradicate polio.
- Mia Farrow has been an activist against Chevron, accusing the oil company of environmental damage in the South American rainforest.
- In the 2016 Democratic presidential election, she endorsed Democratic Party candidate Bernie Sanders.
Mia Farrow told that she had been sexually abused by Woody Allen in their Connecticut home. It happened on August 03, 1992.
Affairs of Mia
Moving towards her marital life, Mia Farrow is a married woman with Frank Sinatra, a singer. They married at the Las Vegas when Mia Farrow was 21 and Frank Sinatra was 50. Frank wanted Farrow to give up her acting career and she did so but soon she got tired of doing nothing and signed to "Rosemary's Baby".
Later, she blamed the marriage because of the age difference and then, they became friends until Frank's death.
After that, she remarried Andre Previn, conductor and composer. They married in London. At that time Mia was 25 and Previn was 41. Then, Mia became pregnant and gave birth to twins son in the year 1970. Later, again she gave birth to a daughter, Fletcher. After 9 years, they got separated.
Again, she began her relationship with Woody Allen, a film director and later ended in the year 1972.
Mia Farrow had 11 children as of 2016. Among 11, four were biological and 7 were adopted. The name of her children is Soon-Yi, Moses, Tam, Lark, Thaddeus, Matthew, Sascha, Fletcher, Danyl, Satchel and more.
Net Worth of Mia
An American actress as well as a singer, Mia Farrow has a present net worth of $60 Million. She is mostly known for her excellent roles in the film career such as "Rosemary's Child" which helps her to earn a lot. Currently, she is most popular for her extraordinary acting achievements. She is very successful in her career life as well as her personal life earning a great amount of money from her professional.
Stay Connected with us to know more about Mia Farrow details.
Trivias About Mia Farrow You Need To Know.
- She has also been involved in humanitarian activities.
- She appeared in a movie with her mother at the age of two.
- Besides having a passion for acting, she is passionate about children's rights in Africa and was named a UN Goodwill Ambassador for her efforts there.
- Her films include The Ex, The Omen, and Dark Horse and more.