Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Michael Bennett
|Celebrated Name||Michael Bennett|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Michael Bennett|
|Birth Name||Michael Bennett Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Independence, Louisiana|
|Home Town||Houston, Texas|
|High School||Alief Taylor High School|
|University||Texas A&M University|
|Daughter||Peyton, Blake, and Ollie|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Net Worth||$28 Million|
|Salary||$7.125 Million (Annually)|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Beyond being a three-time pro bowl defensive end, Michael Bennett is admired for winning Super Bowl XLVII with the Seattle Seahawks. Interestingly, this Pro Bowl Defensive MVP of 2015 went under drafted in 2009. He currently plays for Philadelphia Eagles where he hopes to replicate his past success in the NFL. let's learn more about him through this article.
Where is Michael Bennett born?
Recalling his early life, Michael Bennett was born as Micheal Bennett Jr. in Independence, Louisiana although he was raised in Houston, Texas. He is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. The information about his parents is yet to be disclosed and he has four siblings.
regarding his education, He went to Alief Taylor High School where he began to start playing football and basketball. Later, he enrolled at Texas A&M University and graduated from there.
When did Michael Bennett begin to playing football?
- In his freshman year, he contributed to his team with 27 tackles and 3.5 quarterback sacks in 11 games. In his junior year, he posted a total of 43 tackles to earn himself an All-Big 12 Conference team honorable mention.
- He then went undrafted in the 2009 NFL Draft but was signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. he spent a few months with the team before he was waived and then almost immediately, got signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. His stay with the Buccaneers lasted a free agent.
- His second stint in Seattle lasted for five years after which he was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in 2018. On October 7, 2018, Bennett was penalized during a game against the Minnesota Vikings for violating the new rule about roughing the passer.
- On March 14, 2019, Bennett and a seventh-round selection in the 2020 NFL draft were traded to the New England Patriots in exchange for a fifth-round 2020 draft selection. In week 2 against the Miami Dolphins, Bennett recorded his first sack of the season in the 43-0 win.
- On October 15, 2019, Bennett was suspended by the Patriots for one game, a Monday Night Football matchup against the New York Jets for conduct detrimental to the team. He said he had a "philosophical disagreement" with his position coach as the impetus for his suspension, and apologized for his conduct.
Is Michael Bennett married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Michael is married to his high school sweetheart Pele Bennett. He has been dating Pele ever since he meets her at Alief Taylor High School at the young age of 14. The pair went on to exchange vows in 2012 at a wedding ceremony held in Hawaii.
Together, the couple has three daughters; Peyton, Blake, and Ollie. They all contribute to the Bennett Family Foundation which is run by their parents. The foundation advocates healthy living practices such as gardening and growing your food which Pele does in their family backyard.
How much net worth does Michael Bennett own?
As per online sites, Micheal has an estimated net of $28 million as of 2019 which he has earned through endorsement deals and his various contracts in the NFL. His average annual salary at just over $7.125 million.
How tall is Michael Bennett?
Observing his body statistics, Michael stands a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs around 124 Kg. He has a pair of brown eyes and black hair. Similarly, he has an athletic body build and his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Michael Bennett You Need To Know.
- Signed as an unrestricted free agent by the Seahawks in 2009, but played only in the preseason before being waived; claimed off waivers by Tampa Bay.
- On October 15, 2019, Bennett was suspended by the Patriots for one game, a Monday Night Football matchup against the New York Jets for conduct detrimental to the team.