Michael Bolton - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Kids, Family, Religion, Nationality, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Awards, Career, Parents, Band, Songs
An American talented singer and songwriter, Michael Bolotin is professionally known as Michael Bolton. He is a Grammy Award-winning recording artist who specializes in love ballads like "When a Man Loves a Woman" and "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You." Early in his career, he toured with Ozzy Osbourne. Bolton was in the band Blackjack at that time. He has sold over a total of 53 million albums across the globe, which includes eight top ten albums and two No. 1 single. He is also well recognized for his soft rock ballads and tenor vocals whereas he also initially performed in the hard rock and the heavy metal genres. As well, he has published an autobiography, "The Soul of It All: My Music, My Life" in January 2013.
- Being an American talented singer and songwriter.
- For his soft rock ballads and tenor vocals.
Source: Instagram @michaelboltonpics
Where is Michael Bolton from originally?
Michael Bolton took birth with the real name of Michael Bolotin on 26th February 1953 in New Haven, Connecticut, U.S. He holds American nationality and he belongs to American-white ethnicity. Bolton's religion is Christian and his race is white. He has recently celebrated his 68th birthday in the February of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Pisces. Michael is the son of his father, George Bolotin, and his mother, Helen Gubin. He has two siblings named Orrin Bolotin (Brother) and Sandra Bolotin (Sister).
Michael Bolton's Career
- Michael Bolton kicks off his singing career in 1975 at The Church Studio in Tulsa, Oklahoma as his first album was self-titled using his original family name of Bolotin.
- He then gained his first major hit as a songwriter, co-writing "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" after which he co-wrote "I Found Someone" for Branigan in 1985.
- He achieved his greatest success in the late 1980s and early 1990s as a singer on the adult contemporary/easy listening charts whereas one of his first major hits was his 1987 interpretation of the Otis Redding classic "(Sittin' On) the Dock of the Bay".
- Later he launched the album "Time, Love & Tenderness" which featured his Grammy Award-winning cover version of "When a Man Loves a Woman".
- Bolton's last Top 40 single in the US in his own right was the 1997 hit "Go the Distance" which peaked at No. 1 on the US adult contemporary chart.
- He toured South Africa for the first time in 2007 and was the headline act at Jacaranda 94.2 FM's two-day concert.
- He recorded the song "New York City", which was also on his Bolton Swings Sinatra album.
- In 2001, his album "Only a Woman Like You" was released as well he launched his album "One World One Love" in the UK on 21st September 2009. The first single, "Just One Love", was released one week earlier.
- He collaborated with Indian musician A. R. Rahman for a song which was recorded in February 2011 for "Gems - The Duets Collection".
- He released the album "Ain't No Mountain High Enough: A Tribute to Hitsville U.S.A." in 2013.
- As well, he sang on John Oliver's "Last Week Tonight" episode concerning the IRS in 2015.
- He was also a member of his band Blackjack.
- Apart from singing, Michael has also starred in several films and television, usually appearing as himself, such as in "Meet Wally Sparks", "Two and a Half Men", and "The Nanny".
- He was one of Lucy Lawless's duet partners on the Fox network's program "Celebrity Duets" in August 2006.
- Also, he was a contestant on the eleventh season of "Dancing with the Stars" whereas he and his dance partner Chelsie Hightower were the second couples to be eliminated, on 28th September 2010.
- Furthermore, it was announced on 10th May 2018 that American Dream: Detroit (Exclusive), Michael Bolton film, would premiere on Tuesday, 15th May 2018 in Redford Theater.
- Michael Bolton established The Michael Bolton Foundation in 1993, later renamed The Michael Bolton Charities, to assist women and children at risk from the effects of poverty as well as emotional, physical, and sexual abuse.
- He also serves as the honorary chairman of Prevent Child Abuse America, the national chairman for This Close for Cancer Research, and a board member for the National Mentoring Partnership and the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.
- He has also received the Lewis Hine Award from the National Child Labor Committee, the Martin Luther King Award from the Congress of Racial Equality, and the Ellis Island Medal of Honor from the National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations.
Awards and Achievements
- BMI Awards for his work in "Time, Love & Tenderness"
- Grammy Awards for his work in "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You"
- National Child Labor Committee for Lewis Hine Award for Foreign Entertainer of the Year
- Songwriters Hall of Fame
Is Michael Bolton married?
Source: Instagram @michaelboltonpics
Michael Bolton is a married singer as well as an actor. He tied a knot with Maureen McGuire in 1975. The pair is the parents of three daughters, each born two years apart: Isa, Holly, and Taryn. But Bolton and Maureen got separated in 1990. He became a grandfather for the first time in October 2010, through his daughter Taryn. As of February 2019, he has six grandchildren, who range in age from 2 to 8. Additionally, speaking about his love life in an interview with The Mirror in March 2019, the singer said: "I am a deep, helpless romantic". His current relationship status is believed to be single. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Moreover, Michael and actress Nicollette Sheridan started dating each other in 1992 and stopped dating in 1995, then reunited in 2005 and became engaged in March 2006; however, it was confirmed in August 2008 that they had broken off their engagement
What is Michael Bolton's net worth?
The net worth of versatile guy Michael Bolton is $80 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. Bolton starred in a Pizza Hut commercial as himself singing "Jingle Bells" while the family opens up their pizza order in 2015. He also appeared in Honda commercials in which he sings in 2013 and 2014. In addition, his major source of income is from his singing and acting career.
How tall is Michael Bolton?
Handsome guy Michael Bolton is 5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm tall and his body weighs around 74 kg or 163 lbs. He has good-looking light brown hair and blue eyes color. Bolton has an average body build with 32-26-32 inches of body measurement. He has high cheekbones and a crooked smile.
Trivias About Michael Bolton You Need To Know.
- At the age of13, Michael lost his father.
- In 1998, he announced plans to auction off his cut hair.
- He has sold eight top ten albums.
- On 24th February 1992, the American R&B group the Isley Brothers filed a lawsuit against Bolton, claiming his 1991 hit song "Love Is a Wonderful Thing" plagiarized their 1966 song of the same name.
- He played with the American rock band Blackjack before going solo.