Facts About Michael Carrick
|41 Years Old
|Havoc, Carras, Macca
|Former Football Player , Football Coach
|Place Of Birth
|One of the most decorated English football players
|Wallsend's Western Middle School
|Burnside Community High School
|Completed his GCSE exams in 1997
|West Ham United
|16, 22, 23
|Manchester United (Coaching Staff)
|Five Premier League titles among others
|1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
|185 lbs (84 kg)
|Source of Wealth
|Salary, contracts, sponsorships
|Around $16 million
Michael Carrick is one of the most decorated English footballers of all time. Having started his football career at West Ham United, he played for Tottenham Hotspur before joining Manchester United in 2006. He played 12 seasons for Manchester United and won five Premier League titles, one UEFA Champions League, one A Cup, two EFL Cups, and six FA Community Shields among other club titles. He played for England national team from 2001 to 2015 and retired from professional football in 2018.
After Ole Gunnar Solskjaer resigned his position as a manager of Manchester United, Carrick briefly took the role of the caretaker manager in November 2021.
What is Michael Carrick Famous For?
- One of the most decorated English football players.
Where is Michael Carrick From?
Michael Carrick was born on 28 July 1981. His birth place is in Wallsend in England. He holds an English nationality. He was born to his father, Vince Carrick, and his mother, Lynn Carrick. He has a younger brother named Graeme. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Leo.
He studied at Wallsend's Western Middle School and Burnside Community High School. He completed his GCSE exams in 1997.
Michael Carrick Career
- Michael Carrick started playing football at the early age of 4. He played five-a-side football with Wallsend Boys Club. He had trials with Middlesbrough, Stoke City, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, and Chelsea at the age of 9.
- He became more serious about football at the age of 12 when he was selected for Burnside High School and later on North Tyneside Schools. He played center-forward until he joined West Ham United.
- He joined the youth team of West Ham United in 1997. He changed his role from center-forward to midfielder. He won FA Youth Cup 1998-99 with West Ham United U18. He was promoted to the club's first team in 1999 and won UEFA Intertoto Cup in his debut season.
- He saw his debut season spending loan spells at Swindon Town and Birmingham City. He secured a place in West Ham United's first team by the 2000-01 season. The club suffered relegation at the end of the 2002-03 season. He remained at the club and was voted into the PFA First Division Team of the Year for the 2003-04 season.
- Carrick left the Hammers to join the rival London club, Tottenham Hotspur in 2004. He reportedly signed for £3.5 million. He played an influential role during his two-season spell for the club.
- He signed with another English club Manchester United for £18 million in 2006. He went on to establish himself as one of the most successful English footballers of all time. He won the Premier League in his debut season with the club.
- Carrick spent 12 seasons at Manchester United and won numerous club honors there. He won five Premier League titles, one UEFA Champions League title, one FA Cup title, two EFL Cup titles, six FA Community Shields, one UEFA Europa League title, and one FIFA Club World Cup. He completed his collection of every domestic honor in the English game.
- He accepted an offer to join the club's first-team coaching staff after his retirement at the end of the 2017-18 season. He made his final appearance for the club against Watford on 13 May 2018. He then retired from professional football.
Michael Carrick International Career
- Michael Carrick represented England youth teams at various age levels. He represented England's U21 and U21 teams. He made his senior international debut in a friendly match against Mexico in 2001.
- He played only one game for England in the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He was unused in England's squad at the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He retired from senior international football with 34 appearances in all competitions.
- After retiring from professional football, he became a football coach. He was part of Manchester United's coaching staff under Jose Mourinho. After Mourinho's departure, he worked under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- Following a string of United's poor performance, Solskjaer stepped down as the manager of the club in November 2021, and Carrick was named caretaker manager on 21 November.
- Carrick's debut as the head coach came in the UEFA Champions League match against Villarreal, which United won.
- His first Premier League game as United's head coach came against Arsenal on 2 December. United defeated Arsenal 3-2.
- Following the win, Carrick stepped down as a caretaker manager with immediate effect.
Who is Michael Carrick Wife?
Michael Carrick is a married man. He is married to Lisa Roughead. The couple started dating when they were both at school. She is a Pilates instructor with a business degree. The couple got married in Wymondham, Leicestershire on 16 June 2007. The couple shares two children together, a daughter, Louise, and a son, Jacey.
How Tall is Michael Carrick?
Michael Carrick stands at the height of 1.88 m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 185 lbs i.e. 84 kg. He has an athletic body build. His chest size is 40 inches, biceps size is 14 inches, and his waist size is 31 inches. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Michael Carrick Salary and Net Worth?
Michael Carrick is one of the most decorated and most successful English players of all time. Carrick started his football career from West Ham United and played for Swindon Town, Birmingham City, and Tottenham before joining Manchester United in 2006. He won numerous honors while at the club and was played a handsome salary from his lucrative contract. While active, he made a good fortune out of his professional football career. He also made a good income from brand endorsements. He had a sponsorship deal with Puma. He also starred in several tv commercials. After retirement, he still became associated with football as part of Manchester United's coaching staff, where he is played a handsome salary. His net worth is estimated at around $16 million at present.
Trivias About Michael Carrick You Need To Know.
- He was a boyhood fan of Newcastle United.
- At age 13, he was profiled by the BBC children's program Live & Kicking in 1995.
- He is the only English player alongside former teammate Wayne Rooney to win the Premier League, FA Cup, UEFA Champions League, League Cup, FA Community Shield, UEFA Europa League and FIFA Club World Cup.
- He was voted Manchester United Players' Player of the Year for 2012-13.
- The Telegraph included him at number one in their list of "The top 20 most under-rated footballers of all time in 2015.
- He underwent a procedure for an irregular heart rhythm in November 2017 after he suffered dizziness during a match and in training.
- He captained Manchester United from 2017 until his retirement in 2018.
- He revealed in 2018 that he suffered from depression for two years following Manchester United's 2009 UEFA Champions League Final defeat against Barcelona.
- He never scored any senior international goal.
- He wore shirt number 16 at Manchester United and 22 for England national team.
- He had a small uncredited appearance in the soccer movie Goal 3.