Facts About Michael Conlan
|31 Years Old
|Michael John Conlan
|Place Of Birth
|Will Add Soon
|5 ft 8 in
|Will Add Soon
|Will Add Soon
|Between $1Million-$10 Million
|Will Add Soon
Michael Conlan is an Irish professional boxer. He is famous for being one of Ireland's most successful amateur fighters of all time as he reached number one in the AIBA bantamweight world rankings, with achievements that include a bronze medal at the 2012 Olympics and gold at the 2015 World Championships. In the year 2016, he turned professional and made his debut winning match against Tim Ibarra on 17th March 2017. He is nicknamed Mick. Recently, Conlan lost by Knockout in the final round against Leigh Wood on 12th March 2022.
Leigh Wood retained WBA WBA (Regular) featherweight title after defeating Michael Conlan
British Boxer, Leigh Wood won the fight against Michael Conlan with a brutal knockout in the 12th round and retain his WBA "regular" world featherweight title Saturday in front of his home city crowd at the Nottingham Arena. Wood clinched the victory in the final round, but the dramatic finish was overshadowed by immediate concern for Conlan, who fell backward through the ropes and off the ring apron. Conlan was treated by medics at ringside and was quickly taken to a nearby hospital, where he was conscious and in stable condition, according to Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn. Hearn said that Conlan was awaiting a CT scan. For Wood (26-2, 16 KOs), 33, it was another late, dramatic win after he produced an upset to stop China's Xu Can in the final round last year in his first world title fight. Wood was dominated early on, including being knocked down in the first round, but he recovered to floor Conlan late in the 11th round and resumed his attack in the 12th, knocking Conlan through the ropes at 1 minute, 25 seconds amid a barrage of punches. "I hit him with everything, but he's so tough," Wood said. "I'm just thinking about Mick now. It was a bad knockout."
What is Michael Conlan Famous For?
- Being a professional boxer from Ireland.
- For winning a bronze medal at the 2012 Olympics and gold at the 2015 World Championships.
What Nationality is Michael Conlan?
Michael Conlan was born on 19th November 1991. His real name is Michael John Conlan. He is from Belfast, Ireland. Thus, he holds Irish nationality and he belongs to British-White ethnicity. As of 2021, he celebrated his 30th birthday. About his parents, he was born to his father, John Conlan (coach), and his mother whose name is missing. He grew up with his sibling; an elder brother namely Jamie who is also a professional boxer by profession. His zodiac sign is Scorpio and he follows the Christianity religion. His educational qualification has not been disclosed yet.
Michael Conlan Career Timeline
- Conlan's amateur career started winning Ulster's novice title when he was 11. Moreover, he is also a three-time Irish national flyweight champion.
- He made his debut match at the 2012 Olympics defeating Duke Micah. Next, he defeated French boxer Nordine Oubaali by 22–18 in the quarter-final but lost to Robeisy Ramirez in the semi-final.
- He then go on to win a silver medal at the 2013 European Championships in Minsk where he lost to Andrew Selby by 1:2.
- He next won the bantamweight division gold medal at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, beating England's Qais Ashfaq on 2nd August 2014.
- He then compete in WSB (World Series Boxing) for Italia Thunder in 2015. He alongside Paddy Barnes would compete in seven fights over 14 weeks in an effort to try and secure qualification for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. He racked up 5 wins out of 7 which was just enough for him to finish second in the individual ranking and secure an Olympic berth in Rio.
- He won the European Championships at Bantamweight and scooped Boxer of the Tournament in August of 2015.
- He also competed in four fights beating; French, Danish, Italian, and Great Britain representatives. He only lost 3 rounds out of a possible 36 on individual judges' scorecards.
- After then, he won the gold medal in the bantamweight division at the 2015 AIBA World Boxing Championships in October 2015 which was Ireland's first-ever male World Championship gold medal.
- He was named the RTE Sports Person of the Year for 2015.
- On 23rd September 2016, he made his debut match against Tim Ibarra winning by a third-round technical knockout at the theatre at Madison Square Garden on 17th March 2017.
- His next professional fight was against Diego Alberto Ruiz on 3rd August 2019.
- After that, he fought against Vladimir Nikitin. He won comfortably on all three scorecards, 100-90, 99-91, and 98-92.
- In his next fight against Sofiane Takoucht, he lost.
- He won his first bout at the super-bantamweight level on 30th April 2021, beating Ionut Baluta by a majority decision.
- He fought T. J. Doheny after he returned to featherweight in his next bout for the vacant WBA interim featherweight title on 6th August 2021 winning the fight with two judges scoring the fight 116–111 in his favor, while the third judge scored it 119–108 for him.
- He next moved to challenge WBA(Regular) Featherweight Champion Leigh Wood in the champions home of Nottingham, England at the Motorpoint Arena on 12 March 2022. In the fight, he lost to Leigh Wood by Knockout in the final round.
- Conlan scored a knockdown in the opening round with him suffering his own knockdown in the 11 round. He was widely regarded as the leading fighter in the contest with the scorecards reading 104-103 from two judges with the final judge scoring 103-102 all to Conlan.
- Regarding his professional record summary, he has fought 17 fights till now out of which he won 16 and lost 1 fight.
- He has also made his appearance in the TV shows appearing in "Celebrity Apprentice Ireland" on TV3 in 2013 "Road To Rio" on RTÉ2 in 2016.
Michael Conlan Awards and Achievements
European Amateur Championships:
- Boxer of the Tournament: 2015
RTÉ Sports Awards:
- RTÉ Sports Person of the Year: 2015
Who is Michael Conlan Wife?
Michael Conlan is a married man who tied a knot to his beautiful longtime girlfriend turned wife, Shauna Olali in the year 2012. Michael's half soul, Shauna Olali was working as an authorized secretary when the couple got engaged. They are also the proud parents of two children; daughter, Luisne Conlan (born in 205) and son, Michael Jr. (born in 2018). By sexuality, he is straight. The happily married couple is enjoying their present life a lot.
How Rich is Michael Conlan?
Michael Conlan is one of the highest-paid boxers in the game as well as he has a huge winning record of all matches he played. The net worth of Michael Conlan is estimated to be around in the range of $5 Million - $10 Million as of 2022. His main source of income is from his professional career i.e Boxing career. Whereas he is also making a cool amount of money through various brand endorsements. At present, his exact salary and career earnings are still to get revealed yet but it is assumed that he is making a salary in millions. He is living a modest lifestyle from his career earnings.
What is Michael Conlan Height?
Michael Conlan is a handsome man standing at the height of five feet eight inches or 1.73 m. His body type is muscular and bodybuilder. More details regarding his body weight, measurements, shoe size and more have not been revealed yet. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise and he is very conscious about his food intake. Also, he has inked tattoos on his body.