Facts About Michael Douglas
|Celebrated Name||Michael Douglas|
|Age||78 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Michael Douglas|
|Birth Name||Michael Kirk Douglas|
|Profession||Producer , Actor|
|Place Of Birth||New Brunswick, New Jersey|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Primary School||Choate Preparatory School|
|School||Eaglebrook School and Allen-Stevenson School|
|University||University of California|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. in Drama|
|Brothers||Eric Douglas, Joel Douglas, Peter Douglas|
|Spouse||Diandra Luker (M. 1977; Div. 2000) and Catherine Zeta-Jones (M. 2000 - Present)|
|Height||5 feet 10 inches|
|Net Worth||$300 Million|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Michael Douglas is an Oscar-winning American actor and filmmaker. His acting credits include the films Wall Street (1987), The American President (1995) and the drama series The Streets of San Francisco. He has received numerous accolades, including two Academy Awards, five Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, the Cecil B. DeMille Award, and the AFI Life Achievement Award. Let's know more about him through this article.
What is Michael Douglas famous for?
- An American actor and producer.
Where is Michael Douglas from?
Recalling his early life, Michael was born in New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States in the year of 1944. Currently, he aged 75 years old. He holds dual citizenship; American and Bermudian and belongs to Mixed ethnicity. Her birth sign is Libra.
Similarly, He was born as the first child of actors Kirk Douglas and Diana Dill. His parents met at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. He has a younger brother, Joel Douglas, and two paternal half-brothers, Peter Douglas and Eric Douglas from stepmother Anne Buydens.
Which institution does Michael Douglas go to study?
Concerning his education, Michael attended The Allen-Stevenson School in New York City, Eaglebrook School in Deerfield, Massachusetts, and The Choate Preparatory School in Wallingford, Connecticut.
Similarly, He received his B.A. in drama from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1968, where he was also the Honorary President of the UCSB Alumni Association. He also studied acting with Wynn Handman at The American Place Theatre in New York City.
When did Michael Douglas begin his acting career?
- Moving towards his career, Michael started his film career in the late 1960s and early 1970s, appearing in little known films such as Hail, Hero!, Adam at 6 A.M., and Summertree.
- His performance in Hail, Hero! earned him a nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Most Promising Male Newcomer. His first significant role came in the TV series The Streets of San Francisco from 1972 to 1976, in which he starred alongside Karl Malden.
- After leaving The Streets of San Francisco in 1976, He played a hospital doctor in the medical thriller Coma (1978), and in 1979 he played the role of a troubled marathon runner in Running.
- In 1979, he both produced and starred in The China Syndrome, a dramatic film co-starring Jane Fonda and Jack Lemmon about a nuclear power plant accident. The film was considered one of the most intelligent Hollywood films of the 1970s.
- The year 1987 saw him star in the thriller Fatal Attraction with Glenn Close. That same year he played tycoon Gordon Gekko in Oliver Stone's Wall Street for which he received an Academy Award as Best Actor.
- He starred in the 1989 film The War of the Roses, which also starred Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito. In the same year, he starred in Ridley Scott's international police crime drama Black Rain opposite Andy García and Kate Capshaw; the film was shot in Osaka, Japan.
- In 2000, He starred in Steven Soderbergh's critically acclaimed film Traffic, opposite Benicio del Toro and future wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- That same year, he also received critical acclaim for his role in Wonder Boys, as a professor and novelist suffering from writer's block. He was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Drama and the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
- In December 2007, He began announcing the introduction to NBC Nightly News. Howard Reig, the previous announcer, had retired two years earlier.
- He collaborated with Steven Soderbergh again on the 2013 film Behind the Candelabra, playing Liberace, opposite Matt Damon, centered on the pianist's life. His portrayal of Liberace received critical acclaim, which resulted in him receiving the Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards. He also won SAG and Golden Globe Awards for the performance.
- He played Hank Pym in the films Ant-Man (2015), Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019), based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name.
- In 2018, he starred with Alan Arkin in The Kominsky Method, playing Sandy Kominsky, an aging acting coach. He received a Golden Globe Award for his performance.
- Apart from his acting career, He has received notice for his humanitarian and political activism.
Is Michael Douglas married or not?
Reflecting on his personal life, Michael has married twice to date. Firstly, he was married to Diandra Luker in 1977. The pair produce one child and live happily until their divorce in 2000.
In the same year of November, he exchanged the vows with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Together, the pair produces two children to date. Presently, the pair live blissful life without rumors of divorce or separation.
Where is Michael Douglas's worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Michael earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession as an actor, director, and producer. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $300 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclsoed.
How tall is Michael Douglas?
Observing his body statistics, Michael stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 73 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of blue eyes and grey hair color. Further, his other body information is yet to be disclosed.
Trivias About Michael Douglas You Need To Know.
- He is exactly twenty-five years older than his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones. The two of them share a birthday: September 25th.
- In 1980, he was involved in a serious skiing accident, which sidelined his acting career for three years.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6259 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on November 6, 2018.