Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:19 am
Facts About Michael Olise
|Celebrated Name||Michael Olise|
|Age||21 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Michael Akpovie Olise|
|Place Of Birth||Hammersmith, London, England|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Salary||£2,470,000 per year|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Current Team||Crystal Palace|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Michael Akpovie Olise, excellently known as Michael Olise is a British professional footballer. He comes to light for playing as a midfielder for Premier League club Crystal Palace. His jersey number is 7. He is known for representing France at the youth international level. He started playing with the Chelsea and Manchester City youth teams before being inducted into the Reading academy where he played from 2016 to 2019. Olise began playing with their senior team in 2019 and in the May of the following year, he was called up by France's U18 team to represent them in the 2019 Toulon Tournament. Michael was also called up to the France under-21 team for the first time in March 2022 and made his debut in the side's 2-0 win over the Faroe Islands under-21 team on 24th March. Additionally, he has achieved a lovely fan base on his social media as he has earned more than 197K followers on his Instagram account.
Where is Michael Olise from?
Michael Olise took birth on 12th December 2001 with the real name of Michael Akpovie Olise in Hammersmith, London, England. He is of British nationality and he came from a mixed ethnic background as his father is Nigerian and his mother is French-Algerian. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is black. Olise's present age is 21 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He is the son of his father, Vincent Olise whereas his mother's name has not been disclosed yet. He also has one sibling a younger brother named Richard, a footballer who joined Chelsea as an Under-9, representing England at the youth level.
Michael Olise Football Career
Michael Olise started his football career playing as a youth player at Arsenal, Chelsea (spending seven years with them before leaving aged 14), and Manchester City after which he was inducted into Reading's Academy scholarship program in July 2018.
- Michael made his debut for Reading on 12th March 2019, in a 3-0 home defeat to Leeds United, and signed a three-year professional contract with the club on 15th July.
- On 19th July 2020, he scored his first league goal for Reading volleying home in the 76th minute with the second goal in a 2-0 win over Barnsley at the Madejski Stadium.
- He was also nominated for the EFL Young Player of the Season in April 2021 and was crowned EFL Young Player of the Season on 29th April 2021.
- Michael signed a five-year deal with Premier League side Crystal Palace on 8th July 2021 after they had activated his £8.37 million release clause.
- He made his Premier League debut for Crystal Palace in a 3-0 home win against Tottenham on 11th September 2021 after coming on as a substitute in the 86th minute in place of Jordan Ayew.
- He then made his full debut for Crystal Palace in a 1-1 home draw against Newcastle United on 23rd October 2021.
- Subsequently, he scored his first Premier League goal for Crystal Palace as a second-half substitute in a 2-2 home draw against Leicester City on 3rd October 2021.
- As well, Michael became Palace's youngest Premier League scorer since Clinton Morrison in 1998.
- Michael Olise represented France, Algeria, England, and Nigeria internationally and on 27th May 2019, he was called up to the France U18 for the 2019 Toulon.. Tournament.
- On 2nd June 2019, he made his debut against Qatar U23, and in March 2021, Michael was named as a standby for the Nigeria squad taking part in their Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho.
- He was also called up to the France under-21 team for the first time in March 2022 and made his debut in the side's 2-0 win over the Faroe Islands under-21 team on 24th March.
- Furthermore, Olise left fans and players baffled after his strangely muted celebration having scored a stunning late equalizer against Man United. The Crystal Palace winger rescued a point for his side in their Premier League encounter with the Red Devils after scoring a stoppage-time free-kick at Selhurst Park.
- Despite the pandemonium in the stands, Michael looked almost unimpressed with his own effort by performing a subdued celebration and the reasons behind doing so have now been revealed by former teammates.
- 'We'd say he's a bit weird sometimes because when he scored goals, he sometimes wouldn't celebrate,' McIntyre explained. 'We'd be like, 'Mike, you've just scored an important goal and you're just walking back? What's he doing? 'We never really worked out why. He could never give us an answer but he's just different; a special player.'
- Crystal Palace on 8th July 2021 at 9.3m euros
- Reading on 1st July from Reading U18
Awards and Achievements
- EFL Championship Young Player of the Season: 2020-2021
- EFL Championship Team of the Season: 2020-2021
- PFA Team of the Year: 2020-2021 Championship
- Reading Scholar of the Season 2018-2019
Is Michael Olise dating?
Michael Olise is probably single at the moment. Looking at his social media account and searching through the web, we could not find anything that could hint that he is engaged in any kind of romantic relationship. However, it would be no surprise to see him in a relationship in the near future as he is such a versatile man. Therefore, Olise is single at the very moment. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Michael Olise's Net Worth?
Michael Olise has reached great heights in his career already and he still has a lot more to do. He has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2023 and he also has a handsome amount of salary which is around £2,470,000 per year. He is merely twenty-one years of age and already is on the way to making a big name in sports. Olise's current market value is €22.00m which is also his highest market value as of 29th March 2022. In addition, his major source of income is his football career and he is sincere in his work.
Michael Olise Height, Weight, and Hair
Michael Olise has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He stands at an ideal height of 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in) with a balanced body weight of 73 kg. He has attractive curly black hair and dark brown eyes color. Besides, his body build type is athletic. He has also inked some tattoos on his body.
Trivias About Michael Olise You Need To Know.
- He began playing with the Chelsea and Manchester City youth teams.
- In May 2019 he was called up by France's U18 team to represent them in the 2019 Toulon Tournament.
- His father is Nigerian and his mother is French-Algerian.
- He and Jason Puncheon have both played with Crystal Palace.
- He can represent England, France, Nigeria, or Algeria internationally.