Facts About Michaela Strachan
|Celebrated Name||Michaela Strachan|
|Age||57 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Michaela Strachan|
|Birth Name||Michaela Strachan|
|Place Of Birth||Ewell, Surrey|
|School||Chatsworth Stage School, Claremont Fan Court School|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Husband||Duncan Chard (Ex-Husband)|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
Michaela Strachan is an English television presenter and singer who is best known for her work on Saturday-morning television which includes Good Morning Britain and Wide Awake Club with Timmy Mallett. In 1993, she joined "The Really Wild Show", a wildlife program for children on BBC1. Additionally, she was a regular reporter for BBC One's "Countryfile". Further, she co-presented two series of "Orangutan Diary" with Steve Leonard for BBC One. As a singer, she released two UK hit singles; a cover of Edwin Starr's "H.A.P.P.Y. Radio" (UK No. 62, 1989) and "Take Good Care of My Heart" (UK No. 66, 1990) as 'Michaela'.
What is Michaela Strachan Famous For?
- Being a TV presenter and singer.
- For presenting wildlife on television.
- Being a presenter on Saturday-morning television in the 1980s, involved in such programs as Good Morning Britain and Wide Awake Club with Timmy Mallett.
Who are the Parents of Michaela Strachan?
Michaela Strachan was born on 7th April 1966. She is from Ewell, Surrey, England. Her birth name or full name is Michaela Evelyn Ann Strachan. Thus, she holds British nationality and her ethnicity is Brtish-White. She celebrated her 55th birthday in 2021. She spent her childhood and early life in Hinchley Wood along with her sibling; a brother Gary Strachan. About her parents, she was born to her father, Ian Strachan, and her mother, Jo Strachan. Her dad was the director of a building society and her mum was a housewife. After her father lost his job, her parents divorced when she was age 16. Later, she faced health issues and suffered from anorexia during her teens. Aries is her zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion.
Focusing on her educational background, she attended and graduated from the Chatsworth Stage School and then Claremont Fan Court School. Later, while at ArtsEd, London, she briefly held jobs as an Avon lady and as a kissogram. Then, she performed in theatre, before moving on to children's television. In the year 1984, she appeared in the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the Grand Theatre, Blackpool.
Michaela Strachan Career Timeline
- During the 1980s, Strachan was a presenter on Saturday morning television.
- Further, she was involved in programs such as Good Morning Britain and Wide Awake Club with Timmy Mallett.
- In the year 1988, she hosted Boogie Box on the music channel Music Box.
- From the year 1988 to 1992, she starred as "Her" in the nightclub-set music show The Hitman and Her alongside Pete Waterman.
- In 1993, she joined The Really Wild Show, a wildlife program for children on BBC1.
- She was a regular reporter for BBC One's Countryfile for many years until the program underwent a primetime Sunday evening revamp in April 2009.
- While she was filming an item for Countryfile in 2002, she entered the World Gurning competition at Egremont Crab Fair. She won the Ladies' World Gurning Crown as well.
- Next, she co-presented two series of "Orangutan Diary" with Steve Leonard for BBC One. They were broadcast in 2006 and 2008. She told The Independent that her greatest inspiration is Lone Drøscher Nielsen who "works under very difficult conditions and shows an all-consuming dedication to these animals".
- In November 2013, Strachan presented the six-part series "The Great Penguin Rescue" on the Eden channel.
- In January 2014, she was a contestant in series 2 of the celebrity diving TV Show "Splash!".
- She alongside Chris Packham and Martin Hughes-Games presented BBC Two's "Autumnwatch" in late 2011.
- Later, Strachan, that series replaced Kate Humble. She has also replaced Humble on Springwatch since 2012 after Humble decided to pursue other projects.
- As a singer released two UK hit singles; a cover of Edwin Starr's "H.A.P.P.Y. Radio" (UK No. 62, 1989) and "Take Good Care of My Heart" (UK No. 66, 1990).
- Moreover, she was mentioned in the song "Michaela Strachan You Broke My Heart (When I Was 12)" by 'Scouting for Girls'.
Michaela Strachan wows All Star Musicals fans with 'incredible' tap dancing skills
'Springwatch' star Michaela Strachan left All Star Musicals fans amazed on Sunday's episode as she impressed with her "incredible" tap-dancing skills. She performed a dazzling routine from 42nd Street where she showed off both her singing and dance moves with an entire stage entourage. She admitted that the last time she had tap-danced was 37 years ago and she soon left viewers, as well as the judge's Elaine Paige, Samantha Barks, and Trevor Dion Nicholas, amazed. Taking to Twitter, one person said: "Michaela. Wow, you danced so well. Loved it. #allstarmusicals."
Who is Michaela Strachan Husband?
Michaela Strachan was a married woman but she is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend, Nick Chevallier. On 8th June 2005, she gave birth to her son Oliver by her partner Nick Chevallier. At present, the couple lives in Hout Bay, Cape Town with Chevallier's children. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back then, she was married to filmmaker, Duncan Chard in the year 1996. After five years of togetherness, they divorced and split.
How much is Michaela Strachan Net Worth in 2022?
Michaela Strachan is a TV presenter as well as a singer who has made a huge fortune from her career work. She has left her mark in many shows. As of 2022, the net worth of Michaela is estimated to have $5 Million. Her main source of wealth is from the entertainment industry. Whereas her exact salary is still to get disclosed yet as she has not stated anything regarding her career earnings. But there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making her earnings millions annually. Moreover, she is also a celebrity supporter of World Vision as a children's charity. Thus, she gives some part of her income to charity. Besides this, she also makes a cool amount of money from her music industry. She is living a standard lifestyle from her earnings.
How tall is Michaela Strachan?
Michaela Strachan is a beautiful woman whose body type is slim. She stands at the height of 5 feet 5 inches. Her body weight alongside her other body measurement is unavailable at a moment. She has a pair of brown eyes and her hair color is blonde. In October 2014, she revealed that she had had a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery following a diagnosis of breast cancer. She followed up and had reconstructive surgery, routine check-ups, and mammograms. After medication and battling breast cancer for years, in the 2019 interview, she revealed that she is now cancer-free. Overall, she has a healthy body at present.
Trivias About Michaela Strachan You Need To Know.
- Strachan is a celebrity supporter of the charity World Vision as a child sponsor. She also supports their Alternative Gifts charity; life-changing gifts for communities in the developing world.
- Strachan also has her own website 'michaelastrachan.co.uk' where she shares all the things related to her books, shows, personal life, and projects.
- Strachan is allergic to elephants.
- Michaela has written a book named Wild About Baby Animals.
- In the 1980s, she was a prominent feature of Saturday morning television programs and has starred in shows such as Wide Awake Club with Timmy Mallett and Good Morning.