Michelle Obama - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Education, Height, Wiki, Facts, Achievements, Transgender, Kids, Siblings, Birthday, College
Місhеllе Оbаmа іѕ аn Аmеrісаn bаѕеd Lаwуеr аnd а Wrіtеr who mаrrіеd tо thе 44th U.Ѕ. Рrеѕіdеnt, Ваrасk Оbаmа. Аѕ thе Fіrѕt Lаdу, she wаѕ іnvоlvеd іn vаrіоuѕ саuѕеѕ. Ѕhе еvеn рrоmоtеd hеаlthу еаtіng, аnd Ѕhе аlѕо рlаntеd mаnу Vеgеtаblе gаrdеnѕ іn thе Whіtе Ноuѕе. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Michelle Obama famous for?
- An American lawyer and author who was the first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
- The wife of the 44th President of the United States Barack Obama.
When was Michelle Obama born?
Recalling her early life, Michelle Obama was born in Chicago, Illinois. Her father, Fraser Robinson III was a pump operator for the Chicago Water Department and her mother, Marian was a stay-at-home mother who considered it her priority to raise Michelle and her brother Craig.
She received a conventional upbringing and her childhood was a happy one. She was a bright student at an early age. Similarly, she is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-Americans. Her birth sign is Capricorn and she is Christianity by religion.
Where is Michelle Obama educated?
Concerning her education, Michelle attended the Whitney Young High School where she took advanced placement classes and was a member of the National Honor Society. She graduated in 1981 as the salutatorian of her class. Then, she went to Princeton University where she majored in sociology and African-American studies. She graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 1985.
Following her graduation, she went to the Harvard Law School from where she earned her Juris Doctor (JD) in 1988. There she worked for the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, assisting low-income tenants with housing cases.
Where does Michelle Obama work?
- Moving towards his profession, Michelle was appointed as an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley Austin where she worked on marketing and intellectual property.
- She then embarked on a career in public service and became an Assistant to the Mayor in 1991 and then served as the assistant commissioner of planning and development for the City of Chicago.
- In 1993, she became the Executive Director for the Chicago Office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization. She worked there for nearly four years, guiding and encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.
- Also, She served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago in 1996.
- In 2002, she became the executive director for community affairs at the University of Chicago Hospitals and a few years later was appointed the Vice President for Community and External Affairs in 2005.
- Barack Obama declared his presidential candidacy in 2007 and she reduced her professional responsibilities greatly to support her husband’s career. Initially, she did not get much involved in the campaign as she had two young daughters to care for.
- However, by February 2008 her participation in her husband’s career increased considerably. By now she even started writing her speeches for Barack’s campaigns.
- Barack Obama became the President of the United States in January 2009 and she, the First Lady. During her initial months as First Lady, she volunteered at homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
- She advocated on behalf of military families, encouraged national service, and supported initiatives that help working women balance career and family. She also advocated for her husband's policy priorities and supported the economic stimulus bill.
- She launched the ‘Let’s Move!’ initiative in 2010. The initiative strives to solve the epidemic of childhood obesity by providing healthier food in schools and encouraging kids to be more physically active. The focus is also on motivating parents to make healthier choices for their kids.
- She collaborated with Dr. Jill Biden in 2011 to launch the initiative, ‘Joining Forces’ which calls all Americans to support service members, veterans, and their families. ‘Joining Forces’ works closely with the public and private sector to ensure that veterans and their families receive the requisite support.
- In 2014, she launched the ‘Reach Higher’ initiative which aims at inspiring young people in America to continue their education past high school. The program encourages students to complete a professional training course or a college or university degree by making them understand the significance of higher education.
- During an October 3rd, 2017 appearance at the Philadelphia Conference for Women, she cited a lack of diversity in politics with contributing to lawmakers being distrusted by other groups. Her memoir, Becoming was released in November 2018. It had sold 10 million copies by late March 2019.
- Despite speculation that she would be running for president in 2020, Barack Obama stated during a campaign rally in Nevada that she would not be running for president in 2020. She has previously stated that she has no passion for politics.
Who is Michelle Obama married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Michelle was married to the 44th U.S. President, Barack Obama in October 1992. She first met Barack Obama in 1989. He was a summer intern at the law firm she worked for, and she was assigned as an adviser to him. They eventually fell in love and later married. The couple has two daughters: Malia Ann and Natasha. She is a very committed mother and considers her family her priority.
She is also very well-known for her sense of fashion. She is considered to be an American fashion icon and trendsetter. Also, She appeared on the cover and in a photo spread in the March 2009 issue of ‘Vogue’.
How much is Michelle Obama's worth?
Being a lawyer and writer, Michelle earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the law industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $75 million and her salary is somewhere around $25 million at present. However, the details of her assets are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Michelle Obama?
Observing her body physics, Michelle stands a height of 5 feet 10¾ inches and weighs around 72 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. She used an 8 (US) dress size. Further, her body measures 36-31-39 inches and she used 11.5 (US) shoe size.
Trivias About Michelle Obama You Need To Know.
- Many people assumed they were twins when they were growing up.
- She loved the idea that she can continue to learn, grow, and change for the rest of her life.