Facts About Michelle Phan
|34 Years Old
|Phan Tuyết Băng
|YouTuber , Makeup Artist , Businesswoman
|United States of America
|Place Of Birth
|Technical High School
|College / University
|Ringling College of Art and Design
|Honorary Doctorate of Arts Degree
|Unmarried - In a Relationship
|Christine Phan (Half-Sister)
|5 feet 0½ inches
|Bra Cup Size
|Source of Wealth
|Instagram Twitter Facebook Wikipedia YouTube
The Asian girl, Michelle Phan started a personal blog in 2005 just for entertainment which later leads her new journey. From a personal blogger to vlogger, vlogger to YouTuber, YouTuber to YouTube advertising partner. She repeatedly changes her as per her audiences/followers' demands. She was then hired by Lancôme as a make-up artist. After working some time with Lancôme, she increases her skills and later entered the cosmetics business. Today, she is the founder and owner of the multimillion-dollar cosmetics line EM Cosmetics. It's unbelievable!!! How does she travel as a personal blogger to the cosmetic business? That's really impressive.
Currently, she has a whopping 8.9 million subscribers on her YouTube channel who eagerly awaited her new videos which instantly increases her popularity in a second. Also, she has featured on the "Forbes" 30 under 30 and "Inc." 30 under 30 lists.
Did you guess? How much does her company's overall valuation at present? That shocking!!! Her current company's overall valuation is 638.6 billion and it says to be raised to 758.4 billion U.S. dollars by 2025. Today, let's dig into her through this article.
What is Michelle Phan Famous for?
- An American YouTuber, makeup artist, entrepreneur, and voice actor.
- Sharing makeup tips, and beauty videos, and also emulates looks inspired by stars like Lady Gaga and Angelina Jolie on her YouTube channel.
Who are the parents of Michelle Phan?
Michelle Phan was born in 1987 to her parents. Currently, she is aged 35 years old and her birthdate is April 11. She is from Boston, Massachusetts, United States. She holds American nationality and belongs to South-Asian ethnicity. Her birth sign is Aries and she has a deep faith in Christianity.
Similarly, she was raised by her single mother, Jennifer Phan along with her two siblings. They are Christine Phan (Half-Sister), and Steve Phan. Her mother was married twice but both of her fathers left her mother alone. However, her father's details are yet to be disclosed.
For education, she studied at Tampa Bay Technical High School in Florida. Later, she enrolled at Ringling College of Art and Design where she received an Honorary Doctorate of Arts degree in March 2014.
What Does Michelle Phan do for a living?
- Michelle Phan begins her career as a personal blogger in 2005. She used to share her tips on makeup and beauty.
- People like the way she elaborates and increases her followers. Even they requested her to post more on the topic.
- The success of her blog led her to vlog and she began posting video tutorials on the site Xanga under the username ‘Ricebunny.'
- After she got some vibes, she began posting on YouTube in May 2007. Surprisingly, her YouTube videos started getting thousands of views within months.
- She got online visibility in 2009 after her makeup tutorial ‘How To Get Lady Gaga's Eyes’ was featured by BuzzFeed.
- BuzzFeed repeatedly featured her makeup tutorials which increase her popularity on social media platforms and she earned millions of subscribers.
- Her YouTube success has also enabled her to become a YouTube advertising partner.
- In 2010, her career took a new turn after the makeup brand Lancôme hires her as their official video make-up artist and she became their first spokesperson of Vietnamese origin who represented their brand all around the world.
- After a year, she co-founded 'MyGlam', a monthly beauty products subscription service, later renamed ‘ipsy.' The service sponsors the Generation Beauty conferences which she helps to organize.
- In 2013, she collaborated with L’Oreal to launch the new cosmetic line called ‘em by Michelle Phan.’
- In 2015, she partnered with Endemol Beyond USA to launch the ICON network, dedicated to "beauty, lifestyle, and entertainment."
- The same year, she abruptly went on hiatus from YouTube because of legal troubles, the failure of EM Cosmetics' initial launch, and her issues with self-image.
- In 2019, she rejoined the YouTube community after a three-year hiatus.
- Currently, she regularly uploads videos regarding beauty and make-up which you can see on her official YouTube channel under her name.
- Make Up: Your Life Guide to Beauty, Style, and Success (2014) - Online and Offline
What are the achievements of Michelle Phan?
During her successful career, she has been nominated for several awards and won some of them which are listed below.
- Teen Choice Award (2014) - Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty - Nominated
- Teen Choice Award (2014) - Choice Web Star: Female - Nominated
- Streamy Award (2014) - Inspiration Icon Award - Won
- Shorty Award (2014) - Best YouTube Guru - Won
- Teen Choice Award (2015) - Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty - Nominated
- Teen Choice Award (2015) - Choice Web Star: Female - Nominated
- Teen Choice Award (2016) - Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty - Nominated
Who is Michelle Phan Husband?
Michelle Phan is currently in a romantic relationship with the swiss model, Dominique Capraro. They first met in 2008 in Paris, France. Later, they became closer and started dating each other in 2010. It's already been 12 years of their relationship but their relationship is going quite well and it seems to go for a long time. Currently, they are enjoying their love life blissfully, and probably soon they will exchange their wedding vows. So, be in touch for new updates.
What is Michelle Phan Net Worth?
Michelle Phan has been engaged in the fashion industry since 2007 as a makeup artist. Later, she slowly put her talent into the business and become a founder and owner of the multimillion-dollar cosmetics line EM Cosmetics. Thus, she must have earned the sum of an impressive amount of money throughout her career. Based on some online sites, her current estimated net worth is said to be $50 million. However, her salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed.
Further, she has been seen in commercials on Dr. Pepper Diet, YouTube Geek Week, Nintendo 3DS, etc. She has also served as the spokesperson for Lancôme which somehow adds to her fortune quite well.
How tall is Michelle Phan?
Michelle Phan has a slim body with a body measurement of 34-23-34 inches. She used to wear a 38B bra cup size and 0-2 (US) shoe sizes. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and her hair color is also dark brown. Further, she stands at a height of 5 feet 0½ inches and she weighs around 49 Kg. Overall, she has attractive body features with a soft voice.
Trivias About Michelle Phan You Need To Know.
- Due to her huge fan following on YouTube, she has been asked by beauty giants such as Lancome to star in their makeup videos for their own channel.
- Her video Lady Gaga “Bad Romance” Look video has been watched more than 50 million times. The video became viral after BuzzFeed.com posted that video on their website in 2009.
- She has voiced the Jessica Jones character for the mobile game Marvel Avengers Academy in 2016.
- She is the first Vietnamese spokesperson for Lancôme.
- She has revealed about her life – her short biography in this YouTube video.
- In July 2014, She was sued by Ultra Records for using their music without their written consent in her YouTube videos. They demanded $7.5 million in damages for 50 places of copyright infringement. The case was settled out of court.