Facts About Michy Batshuayi
|Celebrated Name||Michy Batshuayi|
|Age||29 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Michy Batshuayi-Atunga|
|Place Of Birth||Brussels|
|Brothers||Aaron Leya Iseka|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
He started his professional career at Standard Liège in 2011. His 21 goals in the 2013–14 Belgian Pro League made him the second-highest scorer. He was then transferred to Marseille for £4.5 million, helping them reach the 2016 Coupe de France Final. In July 2016, he was signed by Chelsea for £33 million and scored the goal that won the Premier League title in his debut season.
He scored in his international debut for Belgium against Cyprus in March 2015. He was part of the sides that reached the quarter-finals of UEFA Euro 2016 and Euro 2020 and finished in third place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He is also playing in the squad of Belgium's national football team in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
He is nicknamed "Batsman" a play on the name of the superhero Batman.
What is Michy Batshuayi Famous For?
- Michy Batshuayi is a professional footballer for Fenerbahçe and the Belgium national team.
- He is famous for his speed, strength, positioning, and link-up play to Didier Drogba, despite being shorter than the Ivorian.
What is Michy Batshuayi Nationality?
Michy Batshuayi was born on 2 October 1993. He is from Brussels, Belgium.
He was born to Belgian parents - Viviane Leya Iseka and Pino Batshuayi. His full name is Michy Batshuayi-Atunga. In 2022, he celebrated his 29th birthday.
He has a sibling, a younger brother namely Aaron Leya Iseka who plays for Barnsley in the same position, coming through at Anderlecht and signing for Marseille on loan, one month after Batshuayi's exit.
He holds Belgian nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed as he was born to Congolese parents.
Details about his education are still to get disclosed yet.
Michy Batshuayi Football Career
- Michy played his youth career with Evere, Schaarbeek, Brussels (twice), and Anderlecht.
- He then joined the club, Standard Liege, and made his debut for the senior team on 20 February 2011 against Gent.
- On 15 December, he scored his first professional goal in the last match of Group B during the 2011–12 UEFA Europa League.
- He scored his first league goal on 14 January 2012 to round off a 6–1 home win over Germinal Beerschot.
- In the 2013–14 season, he scored 21 goals in 34 matches.
- On 8 August 2014, he signed with French club Marseille for a £4.5 million transfer fee.
- He played his debut match against Bastia.
- On 29 October, he scored his first goal for the club against Rennes.
- He finished the league season with 17 goals.
- He then moved to Chelse with a €40 million (£33.2 million) offer from the team.
- On 3 July, he signed a five-year deal at Chelsea.
- On 15 August, he made his competitive debut in Chelsea's opening match of the 2016–17 season, coming off the substitutes' bench to set up Diego Costa's late winner in a 2–1 win over West Ham.
- On 23 August, he made his first start for Chelsea in the EFL Cup.
- He finished the season with 5 goals in only 236 minutes of Premier League action, equaling a rate of one goal every 47 minutes.
- He scored his first Chelsea hat trick on 20 September 2017 against Nottingham Forest.
- On 17th January 2018, he scored in a third-round FA Cup win over Norwich City on his 50th appearance for Chelsea.
Loan to Borussia Dortmund
- On 31st January 2018, he joined the German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund on loan for the remainder of the 2017–18 season.
- His debut came on 2 February away to 1. FC Köln.
- On 15th February, he scored twice against Atalanta in the round of 32 first leg of the UEFA Europa League.
- In a 2–0 loss to Schalke 04 on 15 April, he injured his ankle ligaments and was ruled out for the remainder of the season.
Loan to Valencia
- On 10th August 2018, he was loaned to Spanish La Liga club Valencia for the 2018–19 season.
- After ten days, he made his Liga debut as a 76th-minute substitute for Carlos Soler in a 1–1 home draw with Atlético Madrid.
- On 26th September, he scored his first goal in a 1–1 draw with Celta de Vigo, becoming the first player to score in the top leagues of France, Germany, England, and Spain in the 21st century.
Loan to Crystal Palace
- In January 2019, his loan to Valencia was cut short.
- He joined English Premier League club Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the 2018–19 season.
- He made his debut on 2 February in a home 2–0 win against Fulham.
- On 23rd February, he scored for Crystal Palace in a 4–1 win against Leicester City.
- On 23 October 2019, he came off the bench to score a late 1–0 winner for Chelsea, in their first Champions League meeting with Ajax at Johan Cruyff Arena.
- He scored the opener in a 2–1 win over Hull City on 25 January.
Loan return to Crystal Palace
- On 10th September 2020, he returned to Crystal Palace for his second loan until the end of the 2020–21 season.
- He played for the club on loan in the second half of the 2018–19 season.
- On 18th October 2020 in the game against Brighton & Hove Albion, he won a penalty.
Loan to Beşiktas
- On 18th August 2021, he extended his contract at Chelsea until 2023 and joined Beşiktaş on loan for the 2021–22 season.
- On 2nd September 2022, he signed three years contract with Turkish side Fenerbahçe.
- On 30th October 2022, he scored his first hat trick against İstanbulspor
- He was eligible to play for the DR Congo national team but he represented Belgium.
- He made his international debut for Belgium on 28 March 2015 in a UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying match against Cyprus.
- He was selected for the final tournament in France against Hungary.
- He scored once in a 4–3 win away to Bosnia and Herzegovina on 7 October 2017 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification.
- Despite a difficult club season, on 17th May 2021, he was included in the final 26-man squad for the re-arranged UEFA Euro 2020.
- He is also playing in the squad of Belgium's national football team in the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Awards, Honours, and Achievements
- Coupe de France runner-up: 2015–16
- Premier League: 2016-17
- FA Cup: 2017–18; runner-up: 2016–17, 2019–20
- Copa del Rey: 2018–19
- Turkish Super Cup: 2021
- FIFA World Cup third place: 2018
- Ebony Shoe Award: 2013–14
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: October 2015
- Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2017–18
- Fenerbahçe on 1 Sept 2022 for the fee of 3.5M €
- Chelsea on 29 Jun 2022 at the end of the loan
- Beşiktaş JK on 17 Aug 2021 for the fee of 150k € on loan
- Chelsea on 29 Jun 2021 at the end of the loan
- Crystal Palace on 9 Sept 2020 on loan
- Chelsea on 29 Jun 2019 at the end of the loan
- Crystal Palace on 30 Jan 2019 for the fee of 1.2M € on loan
- Chelsea on 29 Jan 2019 at the end of the loan
- Valencia on 9 Aug 2018 for the fee of 3M € on Loan
- Chelsea on 29 Jun 2018 at the end of the loan
- Borussia Dortmund on 30 Jan 2018 for the fee of 1.5M € on a loan
- Chelsea on 2 Jul 2016 for the fee of 39M €
- Olympique de Marseille on 30 Jun 2014 for the fee of 6M €
- Standard Liège on 30 Jun 2011
- Standard Liège Reserve on 30 Jun 2010 From Standard U17
Who is Michy Batshuayi Girlfriend?
Michy Batshuayi is currently focused on his professional life rather than being in a relationship. He is single and he is an unmarried man. He is enjoying his present life a lot. There are no records regarding his past affairs and dating history about him. His sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Michy Batshuayi Net Worth?
Professional footballer, Michy Batshuayi has an estimated net worth of $10 Million as of 2022. He is making his salary of around $3 Million from his present team, Fenerbahce. He is living a lavish lifestyle right now and he possesses luxurious cars. His main source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Michy Batshuayi?
Michy Batshuayi is a handsome footballer with a pair of black eyes. His hair color is also black.
Michy stands tall at the perfect height of 1.85 m. His body weight consists of 76 KG. He has got a healthy body and he frequently does exercise to maintain his body.
Trivias About Michy Batshuayi You Need To Know.
- Michy has a brother Aaron Leya Iseka who plays for Barnsley.
- He is nicknamed "Batsman" a play on the name of the superhero Batman.
- He was born to Congolese parents.
- He played his youth career with Evere, Schaarbeek, Brussels (twice) and Anderlecht.
- He plays as a striker for Süper Lig club Fenerbahçe and the Belgium national team.