Facts About Miesha Tate
|Celebrated Name||Miesha Tate|
|Age||36 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Takedown, Cupcake|
|Birth Name||Miesha Theresa Tate|
|Place Of Birth||Tacoma, Washington|
|High School||Franklin Pierce High School|
|University||Central Washington University|
|Net Worth||$8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Fighting Career|
|Height||5 ft 6 in or 168 cm|
|Weight||61 Kg or 134.5 Pounds|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||37-25-36 in or 94-63.5-91.5 cm|
|Dress Size||8 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Bra Cup Size||34C|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
Miesha Tate is an American mixed martial artist and submission grappler. Currently, she competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and is a former UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion and she was the former Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Champion. In July 2011, she won the Strikeforce Bantamweight Championship by becoming the first woman to ever submit Marloes Coenen in an MMA bout. On 24th November 2007, Miesha firstly played her professional fighting match against Jan Finney and won by 1-0 by referee decision in round 4 in a match which went for full 3 minutes at Evansville, Indiana, United States. It was the Women’s Bantamweight Tournament Quarterfinal. In the year 2016, she was seen in the action film Fight Valley for her role as Jabs which was her debut film and she appeared in the sports series UFC from All Angles: Miesha Tate for her role as a fighter which was her debut TV show. As a model, she has modeled for numerous websites and publications, including ESPN The Magazine and Fitness Gurls. In November 2016, she announced her retirement from MMA after a loss by decision to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205. But she returned on 24th March 2021 to compete in MMA against Marion Reneau on July 17, 2021, at UFC on ESPN: Makhachev vs. Moisés where she won the fight via third-round TKO.
Miesha Tate returns with a punishing performance to stop Marion Reneau in the third round
ate, a former UFC champion announced her retirement after a unanimous decision loss to Raquel Pennington at UFC 205. After years away from competition, but still staying active on the MMA space from an executive level, the mother of two is ready to make another run at UFC gold. The former bantamweight champion returned with a punishing performance to stop Marion Reneau at 1:53 the third round in the UFC Vegas 31 co-main event. Tate closed out the first round with a well-timed takedown as she began putting pressure on Reneau from the top while looking to set up her ground and pound as well as her overall grappling game. With five minutes remaining, Tate blasted Reneau with a stiff left hand right down the middle at the start of the third round that led to another takedown against the cage. From there, Tate looked like she was going to take the back for a submission but instead she just started raining down punches from the top. Trapped against the cage, Reneau had nowhere to go as she just covered up and the referee had no choice but to stop the contest with Tate earning her first victory since winning the UFC title back in 2016.
- Being a Mixed Martial Artist and winning the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship.
- For her extensive knowledge of ground-based arts, including wrestling, jiu-jitsu, and submission defense; her wrestling-heavy style leads to her first nickname, "Takedown".
- Noted for being the first fighter to escape Ronda Rousey's armbar on multiple occasions.
- For her double-leg takedowns, usually performed by picking an opponent up while pressing them against the cage.
Who are the Parents of Miesha Tate?
Miesha Tate was brought into this world on 18th August 1986. Her birthplace is Tacoma, Washington, United States. Miesha Theresa Tate is her real name. She holds American nationality and she belongs to American-White ethnic background. About her parents, she was born to her father, Rob Tate, and her mother, Michelle Tate. She also has a sibling, a sister named Felicia Martin. Leo is her Zodiac sign. She has not revealed her religious beliefs. Her present age is 34 as of 2020.
Moving towards her educational details, she attended Franklin Pierce High School in Parkland, Washington. Later, she went to Central Washington University in Washington.
What does Miesha Tate do for a living?
- Miesha Tate accepted her first amateur bout in March 2006, in which she fought against Elizabeth Posener, a Muay Thai specialist.
- She amassed a 5–1 amateur record in MMA before turning pro.
- As of November 2007, she made her professional debut in mixed martial arts at the one-night HOOKnSHOOT Women's Grand Prix.
- She defeated Jan Finney by decision and was later knocked out in the night by a head-kick from eventual tournament champion Kaitlin Young.
- In 2008 and 2009, she fought in several small organizations where she defeated Jamie Lyn Welsh in CageSport MMA, Jessica Bednark in Freestyle Cage Fighting (FCF), and Dora Baptiste in Atlas Fights.
- By defeating Liz Carreiro, she captured the 135-pound FCF Women's Bantamweight Championship at Freestyle Cage Fighting 30 on 4th April 2009.
- She defended the title once, defeating Valerie Coolbaugh by first-round armbar submission at FCF 38 in January 2010.
- She debuted in Strikeforce, an MMA promotion based in San Jose, California on 27th June 2008.
- She defeated Elaina Maxwell by unanimous decision at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson fighting in the 135-pound bantamweight division.
- Also, she defeated Elaina Maxwell by unanimous decision at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson.
- She returned to Strikeforce at Strikeforce Challengers: Evangelista vs. Aina on May 15, 2009.
- She defeated Sarah Kaufman by unanimous decision, which marked the first time that Kaufman had gone to a decision. She next won the fight by armbar submission in the second round against Zoila Gurgel at Strikeforce Challengers: Johnson vs. Mahe on March 26, 2010.
- On 13th August 2010, she was included in a one-night Strikeforce women's tournament at Strikeforce Challengers: Riggs vs. Taylor. She defeated Kujala by unanimous decision after two rounds to advance to the tournament final. Also, she defeated Hitomi Akano by unanimous decision after three rounds to become Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Tournament Champion.
- On 5th March 2011, she was scheduled to challenge Marloes Coenen for the Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Championship but she withdrew due to a knee injury. Rescheduling the fight on 30th July 2011, she defeated Coenen via submission (arm-triangle choke) to become the new champion.
- She had made her MMA debut in early 2011 and defeated all four of her opponents by first-round armbar submission.
- On 18th August 2012, she then faced Julie Kedzie at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman. She subdued Kedzie with a fight-ending armbar in the third round.
- She then officially joined the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in February 2013.
- The UFC announced that she would face Cat Zingano on April 13 at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale. Prior to the fight, it was revealed that the winner of Tate vs. Zingano would receive a title shot against Rousey, who became the inaugural UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion due to Strikeforce and the UFC being owned by the same company. It was also revealed that the winner would coach against Rousey on the 18th edition of The Ultimate Fighter, a UFC reality show. She later lost in the final round by TKO.
- Tate lost to an armbar in the third round against Rousey at UFC 168 on December 28, 2013.
- She faced Liz Carmouche in the co-main event at UFC on Fox: Werdum vs. Browne on April 19, 2014, which she won the fight via unanimous decision, earning her first win in the UFC.
- She next faced promotion newcomer Rin Nakai at UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Nelson on September 20, 2014, in which she won the fight via unanimous decision, making Tate 2-2 in the UFC.
- On 31st January 2015, she faced Sara McMann at UFC 183.
- It was announced that Tate would face Jessica Eye in a bout on July 25, 2015, at UFC on Fox: Dillashaw vs. Barão 2 on 20th March 2015 in which Tate won the fight by unanimous decision.
- In January 2016, the UFC announced that she would be the first title defense for Holm at UFC 196 on 5th March 2016 where she defeated Holm via technical submission due to a rear-naked choke in the fifth round to become the new UFC Bantamweight Champion earning her first Performance of the Night bonus award.
- After losing to Pennington via unanimous decision on 12th November 2016, she announced her retirement from mixed martial arts. "I love you all so much, I've been doing this for over a decade. Thank you so much for being here, I love this sport forever but it's not my time anymore," she said after the fight.
- It was reported on 7th November 2018 that Tate joined ONE Championship as a Vice President.
- She announced she will be returning to compete in MMA against Marion Reneau on July 17, 2021, at UFC on ESPN: Makhachev vs. Moisés on 24th March 2021 which she won via third-round TKO earning for the Performance of the Night award.
- Furthermore, she has also appeared in the award-winning mixed martial arts documentary "Fight Life". She is also featured as a playable character in the video game EA Sports UFC.
- She was announced as a cast member of the feature film Fight Valley in 2015.
- She appeared nude in the 2013 ESPN Body Issue, and also appeared on the December 2013 cover of Fitness Gurls magazine, which labeled Tate "the most beautiful woman in MMA."
- She became the second MMA fighter (after Donald Cerrone) to join NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick's KHI Management company in 2014.
Awards and Achievements
Mixed martial arts
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship (One time)
- Fight of the Night (Two times) vs. Cat Zingano, Ronda Rousey
- Performance of the Night (Two times) vs. Holly Holm and Marion Reneau
- Strikeforce Women's Bantamweight Championship
- Strikeforce 2010 Women's Bantamweight Tournament Winner
Freestyle Cage Fighting
- FCF Women's Bantamweight Championship
World MMA Awards
- Female Fighter of the Year, 2011
- Comeback of the year 2016
- 2013 WMMA Fight of the Year vs. Ronda Rousey on December 28
- 2016 Comeback of the Year vs. Holly Holm
- 2009 World Team Trials Silver Medalist
- 2008 FILA Grappling World Championships Senior Women' No-Gi Silver Medalist
- 2008 World Team Trials National Grappling Champion
Who is Miesha Tate Dating?
Miesha Tate is not married yet but she is currently in a relationship. She is dating her handsome boyfriend, Johnny Nunez. On 1st January 2018, she announced that she is in a relationship with fellow MMA fighter, Johnny Nuñez. The duo is also blessed with two kids, Amaia Nevaeh Nunez and Daxton Wylder Nunez. The lovebird is planning to get married soon. Their bond is going stronger with the passage of time as of now. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back then, Miesha dated Bryan Caraway. The couple met at Central Washington University during the MMA fitness club. In the year 2014, she also saved Bryan’s mom, Chris Caraway’s life when Chris got an asthma attack when she was scuba diving.
What is the Net Worth of Miesha Tate?
Miesha Tate is considered one of the most popular females mixed martial artists in the world. Miesha's net worth is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2021. Her major source of wealth comes from a fighting career and she is living a luxurious lifestyle as of now. She has fought several matches against many top players. Whereas her exact salary is still to get unfold yet. Shе hаѕ аlѕо dоnе mоdеlіng fоr ѕеvеrаl рublісаtіоnѕ аnd wеbѕіtеѕ аnd wаѕ lаbеlеd аѕ thе "thе mоѕt bеаutіful wоmаn іn ММА" bу thе mаgаzіnе Fіtnеѕѕ Gurlѕ. She has also gained sponsorship deals with NASCAR and Budweiser. She has appeared in Infinite Labs’ Fighter’s Power supplements commercial.
How tall is Miesha Tate?
Miesha Tate has a tall height of 5 ft 6 in or 168 cm and her balanced weight consists of 61 Kg or 134.5 Pounds. Her highest reach is 66.5 in or 169 cm. Her body type is athletic. She has a pair of hazel eyes and her hair color is dark brown. She has a raised eyebrows and she has golden hair highlights. Her body measurement is 37-25-36 in or 94-63.5-91.5 cm. Her dress size is 8 (US) or 38 (EU) and her bra size is 34C. Her shoe is size is 8 US.
Trivias About Miesha Tate You Need To Know.
- Miesha Tate is a mixed martial artist and submission grappler.
- She had her first amateur bout in March 2006 in which she played against Muay Thai specialist, Elizabeth Posener.
- She is a fan of American football team, Seattle Seahawks.
- She has been titled as the “the most beautiful woman in MMA” by Fitness Gurls magazine in December 2013.
- In 2016, she was seen in action film Fight Valley for her role as Jabs.