Miguel Borja - Bio, Net Worth, Nationality, Age, Current Team, Salary, Transfer News, Married, Wife, Family, Parent, Height, Position, Facts, Wiki
Miguel Ángel Borja Hernández famed as Miguel Borja is a Colombian footballer. He plays as a forward for Colombian club Junior, on loan from Palmeiras, and the Colombian national team. His shirt/jersey number for Athletico Junior is 9 and 19 for the Colombian national football team. He has also played for for Cortulua, Sante Fe on loan, and Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras. He made his professional debut in 2011 with Deportivo Cali and was transferred to Cucuta Deportivo that same year. With the Colombia Under-20 national team, he won a South American Youth Championship in 2013. Borja played a key role in winning the Colombian Paulista award for The Team of the Year in 2018. Additionally, he has won many awards like, Copa Sudamericana by Independiente Santa Fe in 2014, Atletico Nacional winning Copa Libertadores in 2015. In the 2016 Apertura tournament, he made the record of scoring 19 goals in 21 matches and became the player to score most goals in a league tournament breaking the record of Jackson Martinez who stands at 18 goals.
Copa America: Peru beat Colombia
Miguel Borja equalized for Colombia just after halftime, converting from the penalty spot after being brought down by goalkeeper Pedro Gallese. Peru ended a 10-year winless run against Colombia with a 2-1 victory in their Copa America Group A match. Sergio Pena opened the scoring in the 17th minute when he drilled a first-time effort into the top left corner after Yoshimar Yotun’s 25-yard drive rebounded off the post on Sunday, reports Xinhua. The Cafeteros gifted Peru the lead in the 64th minute, with Yerry Mina turning the ball into his own net following a Christian Cueva corner. It was Peru’s first victory in 19 outings against Colombia dating back to 2011.
- Being a Colombian footballer.
- Being a 'fast' and 'complete goalscorer', as well as boasting impressive strength on the ball.
Where is Miguel Borja from?
Miguel Borja was born on 26th January 1993. His birth name is Miguel Ángel Borja Hernández. As of 2021, his age is 28. He was born to his mother, Nicolasa Hernandez Smith, and his father, Jose Borja Perez in Tierralta, Colombia. He holds Colombian nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed. His race is White. Aquarius is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian.
Miguel started his playing career with the local Colombian youth club Deportivo Cali and later joined Cucuta Deportivo.
How was the Football Career of Miguel Borja?
- Starting a football career with Deportivo Cali, Borja made his professional debut in 2011, and later in the same year, he was transferred to Cucuta Deportivo.
- He was again transferred to play for Categoría Primera B side, Cortuluá. His impressive performances with Cortuluá eventually led him to become an alternative striker for Colombia's national under-20 team in 2013.
- Borja was then sold to the first division side, La Equidad. He scored 4 goals before being transferred to Serie A side Livorno.
- In 2013, it was confirmed that Borja would join the Italian club Livorno on loan which consisted of a fee of €150,000 with an option to buy for €1.5 million.
- His debut match for Le Triglie came on 20th October against Sampdoria. He made seven-season appearances for the club.
- He was loaned to Independiente Santa Fe in the 2015 season where he scored ten goals in thirty-three matches. He also won the 2015 Copa Sudamericana with the team.
- He was sold to Cortuluá for the 2016 season. His team Cortuluá reached the Semifinals, which they lost to Independiente Medellín.
- After then, he was transferred again on 8 June to Atlético Nacional. He made his debut match playing against São Paulo in the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores.
- It was announced that Borja had agreed to transfer to Brazilian side Palmeiras on 9th February where he signed a five-year deal for a fee believed to be around US$10.5 million becoming the fourth most expensive transfer of Brazilian football.
- He signed a one-year loan deal with Atlético Junior on 28th December 2019 for which he is playing as of now.
- About his international career, he was included in Colombia's 23 man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia against Senegal.
- Additionally, he has played against Ecuador on 14th June 2021, against Venezuela on 18th June 2021, and against Peru on 21st June 2021 in Copa America 2021.
Awards, Achievements and Honors
Independiente Santa Fe
- Superliga Colombiana: 2015
- Copa Sudamericana: 2015
- Copa Colombia: 2016
- Copa Libertadores: 2016
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 2018
- South American Youth Championship: 2013
- South American Footballer of the Year: 2016
- Campeonato Paulista top scorer: 2018
- Campeonato Paulista Team of the Year: 2018
- Palmeiras on 30/06/2021 at the end of the loan
- Atlético Junior on 01/01/2021
- Palmeiras on 31/12/2020 at the end of loan
- Atlético Junior on 01/01/2020
- Palmeiras on 10/02/2017 for 9.9M €
- Atlético Nacional on 01/07/2016 for 2M €
- Cortuluá on 20/01/2016
- Livorno on 31/12/2015 at the end of the loan
- Independiente Santa Fe on 01/01/2015 on loan
- Livorno on 31/12/2014 at the end of the loan
- Olimpo on 16/07/2014 on loan
- Livorno on 02/09/2013
- Deportivo Cali on 30/06/2013 at the end of the loan
- Deportivo La Equidad on 01/01/2013 on loan
- Deportivo Cali on 31/12/2012 at the end of the loan
- Cortuluá on 01/03/2012 on loan
- Deportivo Cali on 31/12/2011 at the end of the loan
- Cúcuta Deportivo on 01/09/2011 on loan
- Deportivo Cali on 01/01/2011 from Dep. Cali U20
Who is Miguel Borga married to?
Miguel Borga is a happily married man to his beautiful wife, Linda Perez. The couple is also blessed with two sons. Their wedding details and the love story is still to get disclosed yet and they have not stated anything regarding it. They are enjoying their life happily without any disturbances. He is a committed and devoted family man and loves to spend as well as provide comfort and affectionate care to his family. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Miguel Borga Net Worth?
Professional footballer, Miguel Borga is estimated to have between $1 Million - $5 Million as of 2021. His current market value is €4.80 Million as of June 2021. Whereas his highest market value is €5.00 Million as of October 30, 2017. In 2020, his annual salary is £624,000 from the club, Junior. His weekly wages is £12,000. On 28th December 2019, he signed a one-year loan deal with Atlético Junior. He has also bought a lavish mansion in Missoni Bala in Miami Florida which worth around $500K. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Miguel Borga?
With an athletic body build, Miguel Borja stands tall at the perfect height of 6 feet, and his weight consist of 74 kg. His hair color is black and his eye color is brown. Overall, he has got a healthy body with attractive body measurements. He frequently does exercise to keep himself fit and fine.
Trivias About Miguel Borja You Need To Know.
- Currently, Borja plays as a forward for Colombian club Junior, on loan from Palmeiras, and the Colombian national team.
- He has also played for for Cortulua, Sante Fe on loan, and Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras.
- He made his professional debut in 2011 with Deportivo Cali, and was transferred to Cucuta Deportivo that same year.
- In 2016 Apertura tournament, he made the record of scoring 19 goals in 21 matches and became the player to score most goals in a league tournament breaking the record of Jackson Martinez who stands at 18 goals.
- His birth name is Miguel Ángel Borja Hernández.
- He was born to his mother, Nicolasa Hernandez Smith, and his father, Jose Borja Perez.
- Aquarius is his Zodiac sign.