Facts About Mika singer
|Celebrated Name||Mika singer|
|Age||39 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Beirut|
|Famous For||Lebanese-born British singer-songwriter|
|Best Known For||His album, "Life in Cartoon Motion"(2007).|
|Father||Michael Holbrook Penniman|
|Sisters||Yasmine, Paloma and Zuleika|
|School||Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle|
|High School||Kensington's St Philip's School|
|University||Westminster School and the Royal College of Music|
|Net Worth||$13 million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Contract Deals and Appearances on shows|
Mika is a Lebanese-born British singer-songwriter who is well recognized for his marvelous voice especially earning recognition with his platinum-selling album, "Life in Cartoon Motion"(2007). The album sold more than 5.6 million copies worldwide earning Mika a Brit Award-winning Best British Breakthrough act alongside a Grammy Award nomination.
He has released altogether 5 studio albums with his latest album being "My Name is Michael Holbrook" released in October 2019. Mika further has serves as a judge on both the French version of "The Voice" and the Italian version of "X-Factor". Besides he also has made his television appearance on his show, "Stasera Casa Mika" which won the 2017 Rose d'Or Award for Entertainment as well.
For his contribution to music, he was honored in France with the Order of Arts and Letters(Chevalier(Knight)) in 2010. He was honored with the Music Award at the 2019 Virgin Atlantic Attitude Awards. With his up growing popularity, he has managed to amass a healthy fan following of around 1.5 million followers on his verified Instagram account: @mikainstagram and over 1.3 million followers on Twitter account: @mikasounds.
What is Mika Famous for?
- Famous as a singer-songwriter.
- Known for his album, "Life in Cartoon Motion"(2007).
Where is Mika From?
Mika was born on August 18, 1983, in Beirut, Lebanon. His birth name is Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. His nationality is Lebanese. Mika belongs to mixed ethnicity while Leo is his zodiac sign.
Born as the third of five children to his well-to-do parents; an American-born Lebanese mother, Mary Joan, and an Israeli-born American father, Michael Holbrook Penniman, Mika grew up alongside his (three sisters Yasmine, Paloma, and Zuleika and one brother Fortuné. His father was a banker while his grandfather, William Frederick Penniman III was a diplomat. He was just a year old when his family was forced to leave war-torn Lebanon and shifted to Paris, France.
Growing up, Mika developed an interest in music and started to learn piano at a young age even writing his very first song at age of 7. AT age of 9, his family moved to London where he attended the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle, however, he faced severe bullying there. Because of which he was home-schooled by his mother for 6 to 8 months. He subsequently went to Kensington's St Philip's School, where he was the director of the Schola Cantorum (St. Philip's Choir).
Later, he attended Westminster School and the Royal College of Music before leaving to make his first album for Casablanca Records.
Mika's Career Highlights
- Mika started his career with the release of his first single, "Relax, Take It Easy" in 2006 at age of 23.
- Following this, he made several appearances on radio and TV shows; "Later... with Jools Holland" and "The Friday Night Project".
- On January 8, 2007, his other hit single titled "Grace Kelly" was released.
- His debut album titled "Life in Cartoon Motion" was released on February 5, 2007.
- He began his Dodgy Holiday Tour, playing at venues across Europe the October of the same year.
- He released a limited-edition extended play titled "Songs for Sorrow" in June 2009.
- On September 21, 2009, his second studio album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" was released.
- The album includes singles "We Are Golden", "Rain" and "Blame It on the Girls".
- In 2010, he released the single "Kick-Ass (We Are Young)", the title track to the 2010 film "Kick-Ass"
- His third album titled "The Origin of Love" was released on September 17, 2012.
- "Elle me dit" released in July 2011, was Mika's first French track.
- In 2013, he became the first international mentor on the Italian edition of "The X Factor Italy".
- On November 18, 2013, he released his compilation album titled "Songbook Vol. 1"
- His fourth album, "No Place in Heaven", was released on 15 June 2015.
- He then began filming for his television show, "Stasera Casa Mika", in Italy in 2016. It got popular even won the 2017 Rose d'Or as Best Entertainment Series.
- His fifth studio album "My Name Is Michael Holbrook" was released on 4 October 2019.
- It was followed by the release of "Tiny Love," "Dear Jealousy," "Tomorrow," and "Sanremo."
- He launched a worldwide tour called "The Revelation Tour", in London on 10 November 2019 which however didn't get completed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In January 2020, Mika released the album "MIKA Live at Brooklyn Steel".
- He hosted a streamed concert with the assistance of Beirut, Lebanon, on September 19, 2020, to benefit the city's residents after a horrific blast devastated Beirut in August.
Mika's Sexuality? Is he gay?
Mika isn't married yet however, he has been happily living up his life. Back in 2009, his sexual orientation became a huge topic for discussion but he declined to label himself. He said: "I've never labeled myself. But having said that, I've never limited my life, I've never limited who I sleep with ... Call me whatever you want. Call me bisexual, if you need a term for me ..."
Later, in 2012, he came out openly as gay, confirming his sexuality with Instinct magazine. He also confirmed his relationship with filmmaker Andreas Dermanis, with whom he's been involved for more than 10 years.
Besides, Mika has been always out there for helping people as he has been involved over the years with the French charitable organization Imagine for Margo / Children without Cancer.
Mika's Net Worth
Mika has quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer-songwriter. Having his career started with the release of his first single in 2006, Mika has managed to come a long way up establishing himself to be a successful singer in his 15-year long career run.
His source of income is surely his music deals, his albums, singles, appearances on TV shows, and as a judge on reality shows. Including has managed to amass a net worth estimated to be around $13 million.
Mika is a handsome guy with an average body weight in his 30s. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 3inch.(1.91m) while his body weighs around 87kg(192 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Mika singer You Need To Know.
- Mika is a fluent speaker of English, French, Spanish and Italian language.
- His debut radio appearance was on Dermot O'Leary's BBC Radio 2 show in September 2006.
- Back in the early 2000s, it was reported that Mika spent £25,000 on drinks after inviting fans to join him at his local pub via Twitter
- He came out as gay in 2012.