Mike DeWine - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Party, Governor of Ohio, Salary, Education, Family, Facts, Wiki, Height, Religion, Job, Hometown, Children
Mike DeWine is an American politician and attorney. He is a member of the Republican Party. Currently, he is serving as the 70th governor of Ohio since January 14, 2019. DeWine is a former United States Senator. He had also served as Ohio's attorney general from 2011 to 2019.
On August 6, 2020, Ohio governor Mike DeWine tested positive for COVID-19, when he took an antigen test before he was supposed to meet President Donald Trump at the airport in Cleveland. However, DeWine tested negative after receiving a second test in a PCR test.
What is Mike DeWine famous for?
- Serving as the 70th governor of Ohio.
Where was Mike DeWine born?
Mike DeWine was born in Yellow Springs, Ohio, the United States on January 5, 1947. His birth name is Richard Michael DeWine. He was born to father, Richard Lee DeWine, and mother, Jean Ruth DeWine. Mike had a brother but he died shortly after birth. He holds an American nationality and belongs to a White ethnic background. He is a devout Catholic and of Irish descent. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
Regarding his educational background, He attended Miami University for his Bachelor of Science degree in education in 1969. Then, he attended Ohio Northern University law school for his Juris Doctor.
Mike DeWine Governor of Ohio
- Mike DeWine started his career working as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney for Greene County, Ohio at age of 25.
- In 1976, he was elected as County Prosecutor and served for four years.
- In 1980 he was elected as the Ohio State Senate to a single term.
- In 1981, he ran for the United States House of Representatives seat vacated by Congressman Bud Brown. He was re-elected to represent the 7th Congressional three more times from this district before resigning in 1990 to campaign as George Voinovich's running-mate in the Ohio gubernatorial election. The Voinovich-DeWine ticket won, and DeWine served as lieutenant governor for one term before pursuing a U.S. Senate seat.
- In 1992, Mike DeWine unsuccessfully ran for United States Senate against the former astronaut and incumbent Senator John Glenn.
- In 1994, Mike DeWine ran for the United States Senate again two years later, defeating attorney Joel Hyatt by a 14-point margin of victory. He served until 2006, when he lost his seat in the midterm elections to Democrat Sherrod Brown, receiving 905,644 fewer votes in 2006 than he received in 2000.
- In 2007, he joined the law firm Keating Muething & Klekamp as a corporate investigations group co-chair.
- On November 2, 2010, DeWine was first elected to serve as Ohio's attorney general by defeating incumbent Richard Cordray and assumed office in January 2011. He served as Ohio's attorney general until 2019 when he became governor of Ohio.
- On November 6, 2018, he elected as governor of Ohio and took the oath of office on January 14, 2019.
- On February 22, 2019, President Donald Trump appointed Governor Mike DeWine to the bipartisan Council of Governors.
Mike DeWine's Married Life
Mike DeWine is a married person. He married Frances Struewing on June 3, 1967. The couple met each other while they were in the first grade and they were married while they were both still undergraduate students at Miami University. The couple is blessed with eight children: Pat DeWine, Alice DeWine, Mark DeWine, Rebecca "Becky" DeWine, Anna DeWine, Brian DeWine, Jill DeWine, and John DeWine though they lost their daughter Rebecca "Becky" DeWine in 1993 in a car crash. The couple also has 24 grandchildren. He lives happily in Cedarville, Ohio with his family.
Mike DeWine's Height and Weight
Mike DeWine is 73 years old as of 2020. He stands on a height of 1.74 m (5 feet 7 inches) tall and weighs around 70 Kg (154 lbs). He wears a shoe size of 9 (UK). His eye color is dark brown and he has blonde hair. His sexual orientation is Straight.
Mike DeWine's Net Worth
Mike DeWine is a politician and currently, he is serving as the 70th governor of Ohio. He makes a decent income from his political career. His earnings are mostly from being a successful Politician. His net worth is estimated to be $20 million USD as of 2020.