Mike Myers - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Family, Awards, Height, Career
Mike Myers is a Canadian actor, comedian, and filmmaker who is best known for playing the titular character in the hit films Wayne’s World, Austin Powers, and Shrek. Besides this, he is also known for his appearances on Saturday Night Live (1989-1995) and for being a member of the band Ming Tea. He acted sporadically in the late 2000s through the 2010s, notably having supporting roles in Inglourious Basterds (2009), Terminal, and Bohemian Rhapsody (both 2018). He made his directorial debut with the documentary Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon (2013), which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival. His accolades include seven MTV Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. In 2002, he was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2017, he was named an Officer of the Order of Canada for "his extensive and acclaimed body of comedic work as an actor, writer, and producer." He created and stars in the 2022 Netflix original series The Pentaverate, and will appear in David O. Russell's Amsterdam.
What is Mike Myers Famous For?
- Being a Canadian actor, comedian and filmmaker.
- For performing in Saturday Night Live (1989–1995).
Where is Mike Myers originally from?
Mike Myers was born on 25th May 1963 with the birth name of Michael John Myers. He holds Canadian nationality and his ethnicity is Canadian-White. He is from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was born to his father, Eric Myers, an insurance agent and World War II veteran, and his mother, Alice E. Myers, an office supervisor and veteran of the Royal Air Force. His parents were English immigrants from the Old Swan area of Liverpool. He has two elder brothers namely Peter Myers and Paul Myers. He was raised as a protestant. About his education, he attended the Bishopbriggs Academy, later renamed Sir John A. Macdonald Collegiate Institute, in Scarborough, Ontario. He graduated from the Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute in Scarborough, Ontario. After turning 8, he began appearing in various commercials. By the time he was ten years old, he had created a commercial for British Columbia Hydro Electric. In the year 1982, after graduating from high school, he became a member of Second City Theatre, an improvisational comedy group in Chicago. He later went on a tour to Britain with comedian Neil Mullarkey. His present age is 59 as of 2022.
Mike Myers Career Timeline
- Myers started appearing in commercials when he was only two.
- At the age of twelve, he made an appearance on the Canadian TV sitcom "King of Kensington" in which he played the role of Ari.
- At 16, he was the guest star of the season 1 episode "Boy on Wheels" of the TV series The Littlest Hobo.
- In October 1985, he became one of the co-founders of "The Comedy Store Players", a group of improvisational comedians. They performed at The Comedy Store in London.
- In 1986, he starred in "Wide Awake Club" a UK-based children’s TV series.
- The same year, he became one of the cast members of a "Second City Theatre" stage show in Toronto.
- In the year 1988, he relocated to Chicago where he became a member of the improvisational comedy theatre group "Improv Olympic.
- He made many appearances, including as Wayne Campbell, on Toronto's Citytv in the early 1980s, and on the alternative video show City Limits hosted by Christopher Ward; Myers also made several appearances after the launch of MuchMusic, for which City Limits was essentially the prototype.
- He began appearing on Saturday Night Live on January 21, 1989, becoming the first repertory player added to the show's cast in over two years.
- Then, he starred in the recurring sketches "Lothar of the Hill People", "Stuart Rankin, All Things Scottish", "Lank Thompson", "Middle-Aged Man", "Simon", "Coffee Talk with Linda Richman", "Theatre Stories", "Phillip the Hyper Hypo", and "Scottish Soccer Hooligan Weekly".
- His last episode as a cast member aired on January 21, 1995 (exactly six years to the day after his first episode aired).
- He returned to host in 1997 and made an appearance as his movie character Dr. Evil in the year 2014.
- He made his film debut when he and Dana Carvey adapted their "Wayne's World" Saturday Night Live (SNL) sketches into the feature "Wayne's World" (1992) which was followed in 1993 by "Wayne's World 2".
- He starred in "So I Married an Axe Murderer".
- His next film was Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997), followed by the sequels Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) and Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002).
- His rare non-comedic roles came in the film "54" (1998).
- He then made his title role in "The Cat in the Hat" in November 2003.
- He provided the voice of Shrek in the animated film of the same name in 2001. Then, he reprised this role in Shrek 4-D (a theme park ride) in 2003, Shrek 2 (2004), Shrek the Third (2007), the Christmas and Halloween television specials Shrek the Halls (2007), and Scared Shrekless (2010), and Shrek Forever After (2010).
- He co-wrote, co-produced, and starred in the poorly received The Love Guru in 2008.
- After a year, he had a minor role as British general Ed Fenech in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds.
- In 2016, Myers published a book, Canada, a memoir interwoven with reflections on his native country's history and popular culture and the renaissance represented by the election of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- In the year 2018, after an eight-year hiatus from feature films, he appeared in supporting roles in Terminal (2018) and Bohemian Rhapsody (2018).
- In April 2019, Variety reported that Myers will be starring in and executive producing a comedy series for Netflix, which will last for six episodes and involve him playing multiple characters. In June 2021, the series title was announced as The Pentaverate, which serves as a spin-off of "So I Married an Axe Murderer".
- He provided a cryptic message that implied an "Austin Powers 4" would be forthcoming in May 2022.
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded the Primetime Emmy Award under the Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program category for his work in Saturday Night Live in 1989
- Recipient of the American Comedy Award under the Funniest Actor in a Motion Picture (Leading Role) category for his role in Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me in 2000
- Won the Canadian Comedy Award under the Film - Pretty Funny Writing category for Austin Powers in Goldmember in 2003
- Received the Screen Actors Guild Award under the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture category for Inglourious Basterds in 2010
Who is Mike Myers's Wife?
Mike Myers is a married man. He married his first wife, Robin Ruzan, an actress and comedy writer. The couple married on 22nd May 1993. They started dating each other in the late 1980s after meeting at an ice hockey game in Chicago, during which Myers caught a puck and used the incident as an icebreaker to strike up a conversation with Ruzan. Mike later referred to Ruzan as "his muse". The couple filed for divorce in December 2005. After a year, the café owner Kelly Tisdale confirmed reports that she and Myers were dating. They got married in New York City in a secret ceremony in late 2010. They have a son and two daughters. They reside in the Tribeca neighborhood of New York City. Today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientaiton is straight.
What is Mike Myers's Net Worth?
Mike Myers is a successful actor whose net worth is estimated to have $200 Million as of 2022. His annual salary is more than $2 Million as of today. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. He has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Philips HD, Comedy Central television network, Heineken, Pepsi-Cola, DirecTV, and BC Hydro. Alongside Dana Carvey and Cardi B, he was seen in the Uber Eats 2021 Super Bowl ad. Along with Seth Green, Mindy Sterling, and Rob Lowe, Mike was featured in the “2022 Super Bowl” commercial for General Motors. In June 2000, he was sued by Universal Pictures for US$3.8 million for backing out of a contract to make a feature film based on his SNL character Dieter. He said he refused to honor the US$20 million contract because he felt his script was not ready. Myers countersued and a settlement was reached after several months where Myers agreed to make another film with Universal. At present, he is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Mike Myers?
Mike Myers is a handsome man with a standing height of 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm. His bodyweight is 97 kg or 214 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and his eye is also dark brown. He has a heart-shaped face. He has got a healthy body at present.
Trivias About Mike Myers You Need To Know.
- Gemini is his zodiac sign.
- He had a cameo appearance in Britney Spears' music video "Boys" as Austin Powers.
- In a 2005 poll to find The Comedian's Comedian, he was voted among the top 50 comedy acts by fellow comedians and comedy insiders.
- He is a member of the band Ming Tea along with The Bangles' guitarist and vocalist Susanna Hoffs and musician Matthew Sweet.
- His 2013 directorial debut, Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon, was selected to be screened in the Gala Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Myers has played for Hollywood United FC, a celebrity soccer team.
- He is a fan of football club, Liverpool FC.