Facts About Mike White
|28 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Pembroke Pines, Florida
|Mike White Sr.
|NSU University School
|College / University
|South Florida College
|Western Kentucky University
|2; Millie Grace White and Maddox Grey White
|1.96 m or 6 feet 5 inches
|Between $1 Million-$5 Million
|Source of Wealth
|NFL Football Career
|New York Jets
Mike White is an American footballer who is playing for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). His playing position is Quarterback. He played college football at the University of South Florida and Western Kentucky University. Then, he was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft. On 25th September 2019, he was signed to the New York Jets practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Jets on January 4th, 2021. He became the first Jets quarterback since Vinny Testaverde in 2000 to throw for 400+ yards and the first quarterback in the NFL to do so in his first career start since Cam Newton.
New York Jets vs Cincinnati Bengals: The Miracle of Mike White
When the New York Jets needed one yard with two minutes left to secure a stunning 34-31 upset over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, the football stayed in Mike White's hands. It had to. White's successful quarterback sneak was the perfect ending to a game that showcased how nothing in the NFL is certain. He erased any confusion over his identity with a brilliant performance, especially as far as Jets quarterbacks go. His 405 passing yards were the most by a Jets quarterback in 327 games. That dates back to the year 2000. His 37 completions (out of 45 attempts) are an NFL record for a player in his first start. White also tied Cam Newton as the only player to top 400 passing yards in his first start. He magically brought the Jets back from a 10-point deficit on two separate occasions, including during the fourth quarter. And executed a Philly Special two-point conversion to give the Jets the late, decisive three-point lead.
What is Mike White Famous For?
- Being a football quarterback for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL).
- Being drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Where is Mike White From? Details About His Parents, Family, and Education
Mike White was born on 25th March 1995. His place of birth is in Pembroke Pines, Florida, the USA. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. He celebrated his 26th birthday as of 2021. About his parents, he was born to his father, Mike White Sr., and his mother, Annemarie White. There are no details about his siblings. His Zodiac sign is Aries and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his education, Mike White attended NSU University School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Then, he went to attend South Florida College (2013-2014), and later, he transferred to Western Kentucky University (2015-2017).
Mike White Career Timeline
- Mike White did not become a starter at quarterback until his senior season, passing for 2,201 yards, 22 touchdowns, and two interceptions, and led his team to victory in the 3A state championship. He was named Class 3A Florida Player of the Year. He then committed to the University of South Florida (USF) to play college football. He was also a highly regarded baseball pitcher. He had a 9-2 win-loss record with a 0.43 earned run average and received All-Broward County honors as a junior.
- In 2013, he started five games as a true freshman at South Florida only completing 93 of 175 passes for 1,083 yards with three touchdowns and 9 interceptions.
- In 10 starts, he completed 122 of 242 passes for 1,639 yards, eight touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Then he transferred to Western Kentucky University in 2015 after South Florida head coach Willie Taggart switched from a pro-style attack to a spread offense.
- Due to NCAA transfer rules, he missed the entire 2015 season.
- Then, he was named the starting quarterback to open the 2016 season. He started all 14 games, completing 280 of 416 passes for 4,363 yards with 37 touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- He returned as the starter his senior year in 2017, completing 368 of 560 passes for 4,177 yards, 26 touchdowns, and eight interceptions.
- On 30th November 2017, it was announced that Mike White had accepted his invitation to play in the 2018 Senior Bowl.
- On 27th January 2018, he completed 8 of 11 pass attempts for 128-yards and two touchdowns as part of Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien's South team that defeated the North 45-16 in the 2018 Reese's Senior Bowl.
- He also helped his draft stock with his Senior Bowl performance.
- Next, he participated in Western Kentucky's pro day on 30th March 2018. In addition, he attended a pre-draft visit with the Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, and Miami Dolphins and also performed a private workout for the New England Patriots.
- He was ranked the eighth-best quarterback prospect in the draft by DraftScout.com and was ranked the ninth-best quarterback by Scouts Inc.
- The Dallas Cowboys selected Mike White in the fifth round (171st overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft becoming the eighth quarterback drafted in 2018.
- The Dallas Cowboys signed White to a four-year, $2.67 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $217,553 on 12th May 2018.
- He was waived on 31st August 2019 after the team decided to carry just two quarterbacks on the regular-season roster. The Cowboys opted not to add him to the practice squad, choosing instead to sign rookie quarterback Clayton Thorson.
- Then, he was signed to the New York Jets practice squad on 25th September 2019 and signed a reserve/future contract with the Jets on 30th December 2019.
- He was waived by the Jets on 5th September 2020 and signed to the practice squad the next day.
- On 12th September 2020, he was promoted to the active roster.
- Later, he was waived on 1st October 2020 and re-signed to the practice squad four days later. He was promoted to the active roster on November 9 and was waived again on November 10, and re-signed to the practice squad again the next day. He was promoted to the active roster again on November 21 and was waived again on November 23, and then re-signed to the practice squad again the next day.
- He signed a reserve/future contract with the Jets on 4th January 2021.
- He made his regular-season debut playing in the 2nd quarter of a Week 7 matchup against the New England Patriots after an injury to starting quarterback Zach Wilson.
- He finished the game with 202 passing yards, one touchdown, and 2 interceptions in the 54-13 loss against the Patriots.
- He made his first career start against the Cincinnati Bengals on 31st October 2021.
- He shortly left due to a head injury and returned, finishing the game completing 37 of 45 passes for 405 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions as the Jets won 34-31.
- White successfully became the first Jets quarterback since Vinny Testaverde in 2000 to throw for 400+ yards and the first quarterback in the NFL to do so in his first career start since Cam Newton.
Mike White NFL Career Stats
- TD-INT: 4-4
- Completions: 57
- Attempts: 77
- Completion percentage: 71.4
- Passing yards: 607
- Passer rating: 92.3
Mike White Awards and Achievements
- C-USA Newcomer of the Year (2016)
- Second-team All-C-USA (2017)
Mike White Wife: Who is Mike White married to?
Mike White is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Malloy White. His spouse, Malloy had previously worked as a mental imbalance educator. The duo started dating in 2017 and after two years of their relationship, the pair married.
They are also the proud parents of their twin children; Millie Grace White and Maddox Grey White. The lovely married couple is enjoying their present life happily without any sign of divorce between them. Their bond is going strong with the passage of time. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Mike White?
Mike White is a handsome man who stands tall at the perfect height of 1.96 m or 6 feet 5 inches. His balanced bodyweight consists of 218 lbs or 99 Kg. He has got an athletic body type. He has a pair of brown eyes and his hair color is black. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile.
Trivias About Mike White You Need To Know.
- Mike White's playing position is Quarterback for New York Jets.
- He was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
- His Zodiac sign is Aries.
- On 25th September 2019, he was signed to the New York Jets practice squad.
- He became the first Jets quarterback since Vinny Testaverde in 2000 to throw for 400+ yards and the first quarterback in the NFL to do so in his first career start since Cam Newton.