Facts About Mikel Arteta
|Celebrated Name||Mikel Arteta|
|Age||41 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Mikel Arteta|
|Birth Name||Mikel Arteta|
|Place Of Birth||San Sebastián|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Net Worth||$19 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Industry|
Mikel Arteta is a Spanish professional football coach and former player. He is currently the head coach at Premier League club Arsenal. Similarly, he later signed for Scottish club Rangers, where he won the Scottish domestic double Premier League and League Cup in 2003. Further, He twice won Everton player of the year until moving to Arsenal in 2011. At Arsenal, he won two FA Cups and served as captain from 2014 until his retirement in 2016. To know more about him, read the article below.
- A Spanish professional football player.
- Arsenal Team Coach
Early Life of Mikel Arteta
Mikel Arteta was born in San Sebastián, Spain in the year 1982. He is Spanish by nationality and belongs to Hispanic ethnicity. Similarly, his birth sign is Aries and the information bout his parents, siblings and his academic qualifications are yet to be disclosed.
Mikel Arteta's Football Career
- Mikel Arteta began his football career at Antiguoko and befriended fellow midfielder Xabi Alonso as they played together every weekend. The two often played along the beaches and gutters of San Sebastián and dreamed of playing together at Real Sociedad.
- During a season and a half in Paris, Arteta was used by manager Luis Fernandez primarily as a playmaker. He made his first appearances in the UEFA Champions League in the 2000-01 second group stage.
- He joined Real Sociedad for €5.2 million in 2004 with the idea of he and Xabi Alonso playing together. However, Alonso left for Liverpool and he failed to establish himself in the team, starting only three league matches in the half-season he spent back in San Sebastián.
- He signed for Scottish club Rangers in March 2002 in a £6 million transfer deal. He enjoyed a successful first season in Glasgow and quickly established himself as a first-team regular.
- Everton manager David Moyes signed him in the 2005 January transfer window on loan with a view to a permanent transfer. He scored his first Everton goal in a 4-0 victory over Crystal Palace and signed a permanent five-year deal in July 2005 for a fee of £2 million.
- He suffered a stomach injury in the second half of the season, and shortly before the final game of the campaign, he underwent surgery to rectify the problem. He scored his first goal of the 2008-09 season in the Premier League opener versus Blackburn Rovers with a free-kick.
- He made his return from injury in January 2010 as a substitute in an FA Cup tie against Birmingham City, before starting in a 2-1 home Premier League win against Chelsea. His first two goals of the season were scored in a 5-1 win over Hull City in March 2010.
- He signed with Arsenal on 31st August 2011 on a four-year deal for a reported fee of £10 million. He made his debut on 10th September in a 1-0 home win against Swansea City and scored his first Premier League goal for Arsenal in a 4-3 loss against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.
- Despite this he made 29 appearances all season, scoring 6 times, and was voted by the fans as the fifth most important player of the 2011-12 campaign in Arsenal's Player of the Season poll.
- Following the departure of captain Robin van Persie, He was made Arsenal's vice-captain for the 2012-13 season. He was voted by the fans as the fourth-best player of the 2012-13 campaign in Arsenal's Player of the Season poll, after leading the team to their 17th consecutive top-four finish.
- He became Arsenal's new club captain ahead of the 2014-15 season. He won his first trophy as full-time captain, playing the full 90 minutes as Arsenal beat Manchester City 3-0 in the 2014 FA Community Shield.
- Despite his new appointment, he would only make 11 appearances for the whole season, scoring once. He signed a one-year extension with Arsenal for the 2015-16 season and came on as a substitute as Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win 2015, FA Community Shield. His final game for Arsenal came on the last day of the season.
- On 03rd July 2016, He was appointed an assistant coach at Manchester City, alongside Brian Kidd and Domènec Torrent, who operated as deputies to Pep Guardiola.
- In 2018, He became strongly linked with the Arsenal manager's vacancy, following the departure of his former manager Arsène Wenger, but Unai Emery was eventually hired.
- On 26th December 2019, He walked out of the dugout for the first time as an Arsenal manager for their Premier League match against A.F.C. Bournemouth which ended in a 1-1 draw.
- On 02nd January 2020, He won his first match as an Arsenal manager after a 2-0 win over Manchester United at the Emirates.
Personal life of Mikel Arteta
Mikel is a married man. He exchanged the vows with Lorena Berna. The couple started dating in 2006 and have been together to date. Together, the couple produces three children; Gabriel, Daniel, and Oliver. There are no such rumors available about their extra affairs or other issues at the moment. Currently, the couple lives happily.
Mikel Arteta's Net Worth
Mikel Arteta is a professional football player who has earns the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his current profession in the field of sports industry since 1991. As per the online sites, his net worth is said to be $19 million and his salary is $3.64 million at present.
Body Measurements of Mikel Arteta
As per the online sources, Mikel has a height of 5 feet 9 inches and he weighs around 69 Kg at the moment. He has an athletic body with light brown eyes and black hair color. His other body measurements are yet to be revealed. If you know any other information about him. Please share with us by using the comment below.