Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 10:26 am
Facts About Mikko Rantanen
|Celebrated Name||Mikko Rantanen|
|Age||26 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Mikko Rantanen|
|Profession||Ice Hockey Player|
|Place Of Birth||Nousiainen|
|Education||Will Add Soon|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
|Net Worth||Between $1 Million - $10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Ice Hockey Career|
|Current Club||Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League|
A Finnish professional ice hockey forward who is playing for the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL) at present is named for Mikko Rantanen. He was selected in the first round, tenth overall, by the Avalanche in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. His jersey number is 96. Overall, he is a very talented player.
Early Life of Mikko
Mikko was born on 29th October 1996 in Nousiainen, Finland. His nationality is Finnish and his ethnicity is White. As of 2018, he celebrated his 22nd birthday with his friends and families. His parent's name is Hannu Rantanen, father and Hannamaija Rantanen, mother. His religion is Christian and his birth sign is Scorpio. There is no other information regarding his education and more but it will be added soon.
Body Measurements of Mikko
Mikko is a very handsome person with blonde hair color and brown eye color. He has an athletic body build with a tall height of 6 ft 4 in or 193 cm. He has a balanced bodyweight of 216 lb or 98 Kg. His other body measurement is still to get disclosed. Overall, he has got a healthy body with an attractive personality. He maintained his body a lot.
Career of Mikko
- Mikko started his ice hockey career by making debut for League, Finnish SM-liiga
- playing with HC TPS during the 2012-2013 season.
- He played with TPS for two years at the under-16 level.
- He scored 2 goals and 3 points in 15 games.
- He then signed a two-year extension to remain with the Liiga outfit on 9th October 2014 when he became 17 years old by entering in 2014-2015 season.
- He recorded a career-high 9 goals and 28 points in 56 games, also serving as an alternate captain.
- He featured for TPS junior club in the post-season recording 14 points in 7 contests to help capture the championship and was given Best Player honors for his efforts.
- He was rated as the top European skater at season's end in his National Hockey League (NHL).
- He was taken tenth overall by the Colorado Avalanche at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft on 26th June 2015.
- He signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Avalanche on 13th July 2015.
- He was announced to have made the opening night roster for the 2015-2016 season when he became 18 years old on 6th October 2015.
- He made his NHL debut to open the season with the Avalanche in a 5-4 defeat to the Minnesota Wild on 8th October 2015.
- He played limited minutes over six scoreless games with Colorado before being sent to the team's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage on 22nd October 2015.
- He contributed with his first goal and assist in North America during a 5-1 victory over the Stockton Heat on 24th October 2015 in his debut on AHL.
- He was selected to the AHL All-Star Game as the second-youngest participant in the event's modern history.
- He returned to complete the season with San Antonio, becoming just the seventh teenager to reach the 60-point mark, doing so in just 52 games.
- He earned a selection to the Second All-Star Team as well as he shared the Dudley "Red" Garrett Memorial Award alongside Frank Vatrano as the AHL's rookie of the year.
- He scored his first NHL goal 1:03 into the second period in a game against the Winnipeg Jets on 11th November 2016.
- On 8th February 2017, he recorded his first NHL hat-trick against Montreal Canadiens.
- He had a breakout year during the 2017-2018 season where he scored 29 goals and 55 assists for 84 points in 81 games.
- He finished the season with 87 points in 74 games played; a career-high.
- After that, he signed a six-year, $55.5 million contract extension with the Avalanche on 28th September 2019.
- He was first selected at an international tournament at the 2013 World U-17 Hockey Challenge.
- There, he scored seven points in five contests.
- He went on to lead the team at the under-18 level with seven points in four games at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament before competing in his first full IIHF competition at the 2014 IIHF World U18 Championships.
- He continued his progression within the Finnish junior team in earning selection to the 2015 World Junior Championships in Toronto.
- He was loaned by the Colorado Avalanche to Captain the Finnish junior team as they hosted the 2016 World Junior Championships during his first North American professional season and while eligible for his final junior tournament.
- He scored in the Final against Russia to help Finland claim the gold medal and cap his junior career.
Marital Status, Wife, Dating, Child
Mikko is not married yet and he is still to get married. There is also no rumors about his dating or being in a relationship with anyone. He is also a very secretive person as he has not revealed anything about his love life to the media. At present, he is focusing on his career by living a happy life. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Net Worth of Mikko
Mikko is a very talented and skillful hockey player. He has accumulated a huge amount of money from his ice hockey career which is his main source of income. As of 2019, his net worth is estimated to have more than $1 Million. His net worth is calculated between $1 Million to $10 Million. It is still under review. He has earned $2,045,448 as entire career earnings and he earns $1,658,333 as an average annual salary. He signed a three year / $4,975,000 contract, including $277,500 as a signing bonus and $4,975,000 as a guaranteed amount with Avalanche. Moreover, he is also earning money from endorsements and sponsorship as well.