Facts About Minka Kelly
|Celebrated Name||Minka Kelly|
|Age||42 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Minka Kelly|
|Birth Name||Minka Dumont Kelly|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, U.S|
|Famous For||Being an American actress as well as model.|
|Best Known For||For working in the TV shows "Friday Night Lights" (2006), "Parenthood" (2010), and "Charlie's Angels" (2011).|
|Mother||Maureen Dumont Kelly|
|High School||Valley High School|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and Modeling Career|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Salary||$50 thousands per episode|
|Height||5 ft 5 in or 165 cm|
|Weight||56 kg or 123.5 pounds|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm.|
|Bra Cup Size||34 B|
Minka Kelly is an American actress and model who got recognition for her role as Lyla Garrity in the American sports drama television series "Friday Night Lights". Kelly worked on the series from 2006-2009. She currently has been portraying the role of Dawn Granger/ Dove in the DC Universe series "Titans" since 2018. She has acted in numerous TV films and series including "500 Days of Summer", "The Roommate", "The World Made Straight", "Parenthood", "Charlie's Angels", and "Almost Human". In the 2010 edition of Esquire magazine, Kelly was featured on the front page and was named "Sexiest Woman Alive". She is the daughter of the former Aerosmith guitarist, Rick Dufay.
On January 15, 2021, she moved with her boyfriend, Trevor Noah in his newly bought Bel Air mansion worth $27.5 million which is located in Los Angels. She is also active in the social media platform with around 923k followers on her verified Instagram account: @minkakelly and has around 293k followers on her verified Twitter account: @minkakelly
What is Minka Kelly famous for?
- Famous as an American actress and model
- Known for her role as Lyla Garrity in the American sports drama television series "Friday Night Lights"
Where is Minka Kelly from?
Minka Kelly was born on June 24, 1980, in Los Angeles, California, United States. Her birth name is Minka Dumont Dufay. She holds an American nationality. Her ethnicity is White Caucasian while Cancer is her zodiac sign. She is of French-Irish-Dutch-Indonesian descent.
She was born as the only child to Rick Dufay(father) and Maureen Dumont Kelly(mother). Her father is a former guitarist who is best known for being a member of the former American rock band "Aerosmith" while her mother worked various jobs.
She along with her mother traveled various communities before started living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. During that time, she was enrolling in junior high school. She got graduated from Valley High School in Mexico. Later, she and her mother returned to Los Angeles where Kelly continued her further studies. Her mother died in 2008 due to colon cancer.
Since her childhood, she loved cooking and baking. So, she joined the New School of Cooking in Culver City, California, and got graduated in June 2015.
Minka Kelly Career: Highlights
- Minka Kelly started her career as a receptionist at a surgeon's office in the late 1990s which she was offered by a former Playboy Playmate while she was auditioning for a modeling agency.
- She got fired from her job after she did not accept the procedure of her breast augmentation in exchange for hours worked.
- She then worked as a scrub technician for four years. During that period, she continued auditioning for acting roles.
- In the year 2003, she made her acting debut by appearing in the 6-minute short film "The Turbo Charged Prelude for 2 Fast 2 Furious".
- Then, she made her guest appearance on the American television sitcom "Cracking Up" which got followed by her appearances in many TV films and series including "American Dreams", "What I Like About You", "Devil's Highway" and "Drake & Jash".
- She got her career breakthrough in 2006 after she started portraying the role of (Lyla Garrity) cheerleader on the NBC drama series "Friday Night Lights". She was cast as a series regular. Her role in the series was appreciated a lot. "New York Times" also reviewed her performance positively, calling her performance ‘heartbreaking. She had to leave the series in 2009 as her character left for college.
- Since then, she has not looked back in her career and has acted in numerous TV films and series including "The Pumpkin Karver", "State's Evidence", "The Kingdom", "500 Days of Summer", "Just Go With It", "Body Politic", and "Entourage".
- Kelly portrayed the role of Gaby in the NBC drama series "Parenthood" from 2010-2011 for 9 episodes. Her role was as a behavioral aide to the child character Max who is diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. Her role was appreciated a lot.
- In the 2010 edition of Esquire magazine, she got featured on the front page and was named "Sexiest Woman Alive".
- She also acted in the American action crime drama television series "Charlie's Angels" in the role of a street racer, Eve French in 2011.
- In the same year, she portrayed the role of Sara Mathews in the thriller film "The Roommate". Although the film received negative reviews, the film was a commercial success. Her role in the film also earned her an MTV Movie Award Nomination for Best Scared-As-S**t Performance and Teen Choice Award Nomination for Choice Movie Actress in a Drama.
- She played the main role of Valerie Stahi in the American science fiction drama "Almost Human" from 2013-2014.
- She has made her appearances in many other films and series like "The Butler", "Searching for Sonny", "The World Made Straight", "Night Hunter", "Naked", "The Path", "Bull", "The Beach House", and "She's in Portland".
- In 2012, she appeared in the music video of Maroon 5's One More Night.
- She also appeared in the video game Detroit: Become Human as North in 2018.
- Kelly has been playing the role of Dawn Granger/ Dove on the DC Universe series "Titans" since 2018.
- At present, she is busy working on her upcoming films like "Shady Friend", and "Lansky".
Minka Kelly's Boyfriend: Trevor Noah
Minka Kelly is not married. However, she is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend, Trevor Noah. Trevor is a South African comedian, television host, producer, and actor who is best known as the host of the American satirical news program "The Daily Show".Kelly, 40, started dating Trevor, 36, in 2020. The couple was also rumored to be quarantining at Trevor's New York City apartment. They seem to be in a serious relationship as Kelly and Trevor recently moved in Trevor's newly bought Bel Air mansion worth $27.5 million which is located in Los Angels.
Previously, she dated actor, Chris Evans in 2007 and later in 2012. She also dated New York Yankees basketball player, Derek Jeter from 2008 to 2011. In addition to that, she loves to cook and bake food. She also loves dancing.
Minka Kelly Net Worth
Minka Kelly has earned a good amount of money from her profession as an actress and model. Having started her acting career in 2003, Kelly has come a long way becoming one of the recognized Hollywood actresses in her 17 years long career. Her source of income is surely her films and series. Including all her earnings, she has a healthy fortune estimated to be around $6 million. She also makes additional income from her endorsement deals.
Minka Kelly Height
Minka Kelly is a beautiful lady with a well maintained slim body physique in her early 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 5 inches(1.65m) while her body weighs around 56kg. Her body measurement is around 35-24-36 inches. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Minka Kelly You Need To Know.
- Kelly is the granddaughter of late French actor, Richard Ney
- She dated Chris Evans in 2007 and in 2013.
- She loves to cook and bake food.
- She got graduated from the New School of Cooking in Culver City, California.