Minkah Fitzpatrick - Bio, Net Worth, NFL, Current Team, Stats, Trade, Contract, Injury, Jersey, Salary, Girlfriend, Height, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki
An American football free safety is named for Minkah Fitzpatrick Jr. He is currently playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Alabama and was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft before being traded to the Steelers during the 2019 season. He made his debut with the Steelers in week 3 against the San Francisco 49ers. In the game, he intercepted a pass from Jimmy Garoppolo and forced a fumble off Raheem Mostert in the 24-20 loss. His shirt number/jersey number is 39 for Pittsburgh Steelers.
Minkah Fitzpatrick, Steelers preparing for Heisman-led division rivals
When the Pittsburgh Steelers square off against their AFC North rivals during the 2020 NFL season, their defense will need to stop a Heisman Trophy winner. "There's a lot of talent in our division," Steelers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick said. "It's competitive, probably one of the toughest divisions in the league. But it's something that we look forward to like professional athletes, as competitors. I think it's definitely going to raise our game, raise our opponents' game, and it's fun playing against those guys, playing against guys like Lamar and Baker and soon to be Joe Burrow. But we got to step up to the plate and make sure we're on our A-plus-plus game and continue to execute and play the way that we play." The three quarterbacks aren't the only Heisman Trophy winners on Pittsburgh's schedule in the 2020 season. The Steelers play the Tennessee Titans, who have running back Derrick Henry, the NFL's leading rusher in 2019, and the Heisman Trophy winner at Alabama in 2015, Fitzpatrick's freshman season with the Crimson Tide.
- Being free safety for Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League.
- Being considered a five-star recruit by ESPN.com, Fitzpatrick was listed as the No. 4 cornerback in the nation in 2015.
Who are the Parent of Minkah Fitzpatrick?
On 17th November 1996, Minkah Fitzpatrick was born in Old Bridge, New Jersey, the USA; his birthplace/hometown. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. As of 2019, he celebrated his 23rd birthday. As per his education, he attended St. Peter's Prep High School and later he attended Alabama College. His religion is Christian and his horoscope sign is Scorpio. He was born to his parents; Melissa (mother) and Minkah Fitzpatrick Sr. (father). He also has a brother named Justice Fitzpatrick.
How Minkah Fitzpatrick began his Football Career?
High School Career of Minkah Fitzpatrick
- During his high school, he played high school football for the Marauders where he was a wide receiver on offense and a defensive back on defense.
- He caught 45 passes for 1,111 yards and 12 touchdowns while recording 70 tackles and three interceptions on defense in the year 2014.
- He placed first at the Hudson County Championships With times of 10.86 seconds and 21.66 seconds in the 100 and 200 meters, respectively.
- He signed with Alabama at the 2015 National Signing Day, after being verbally committed for almost a year.
College Career of Minkah Fitzpatrick
- He started 10 of 14 games, missing one game due to injury as a true freshman in the year 2015 where he recorded 45 total tackles, with three for a loss, two sacks, two interceptions (both returned for scores), 11 pass breakups, one quarterback hurry, and one punt return for a touchdown.
- He was part of the Alabama team that won the National Championship over Clemson.
- He was named a Freshman All-American by The Sporting News after Alabama's championship season.
- He returned an interception 100 yards in a 49-30 win over then-16th ranked Arkansas in his sophomore season in the year 2016.
- In the 2016 SEC Championship Game against Florida, he broke the Alabama all-time record for career interceptions returned for a touchdown (4).
- He recorded 60 total tackles, 1.5 sacks, one interception, one forced fumble, and seven passes defended in his junior season where he won his second National Championship as the Crimson Tide defeated Georgia 26-23 in overtime.
Professional Career of Minkah Fitzpatrick
- He announced his decision to forgo his remaining eligibility and enter the 2018 NFL Draft on 11th January 2018.
- He attended pre-draft visits with the Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and San Francisco 49ers.
- He was ranked as the top cornerback prospect in the draft by DraftScout.com and was ranked as the top safety prospect by Sports Illustrated and NFL analyst Mike Mayock.
- Later, the Miami Dolphins selected Fitzpatrick in the first round (11th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. Fitzpatrick was the first safety drafted in 2018.
- The Miami Dolphins signed Fitzpatrick to a fully guaranteed four-year, $16.4 million contracts that include a signing bonus of $10.04 million on 1st June 2018.
- He competed against T. J. McDonald to be the starting free safety during training camp.
- He made his professional regular-season debut in the Dolphins’ season-opener against the Tennessee Titans and recorded six combined tackles and broke up a pass in their 27-20 victory.
- He earned his first career start after Jones was declared inactive due to a shoulder injury pm 23rd September 2018.
- He recorded ten combined tackles (two solos) during their 28-20 victory against the Oakland Raiders in Week 3.
- He made his first career interception off Tom Brady in the fourth quarter on a pass intended for Phillip Dorsett and returned it for a 14-yard gain.
- During a Week 15 matchup with the Minnesota Vikings, he intercepted a Kirk Cousins pass, returning it 50 yards for a touchdown. It was his second interception and first pick-six of his career.
- In Week 1 against the Baltimore Ravens, he made six tackles as the Dolphins lost 59-10.
- He reportedly requested to be traded because he felt like he was playing out of position and he did not like the direction the franchise was going after the game.
- In Week 2 against the New England Patriots, he made six tackles and recovered a fumble by running back Sony Michel in the 43-0 loss.
- On 16th September 2019, the Dolphins traded him along with their 2020 fourth round and 2021 seventh-round draft picks to the Pittsburgh Steelers for their 2020 first round (Austin Jackson), 2020 fifth round, and 2021 sixth-round draft picks.
- He made his debut with the Steelers in week 3 against the San Francisco 49ers.
- In the game, he intercepted a pass from Jimmy Garoppolo and forced a fumble off Raheem Mostert in the 24-20 loss.
- In week 8 against his former team, the Miami Dolphins, he intercepted former teammate Ryan Fitzpatrick twice in the 27-14 win.
- In week 9 against the Indianapolis Colts, he intercepted a pass thrown by Brian Hoyer and returned it for a 96-yard touchdown in the 26-24 win.
- Fitzpatrick's pick-six was the third-longest interception return for a touchdown in team history, the second-longest in the regular season.
- In week 10 against the Los Angeles Rams, he recovered a strip-sack forced by teammate Javon Hargrave on Jared Goff which he returned for a 43-yard touchdown and later intercepted a pass thrown by Goff with under a minute in the game, sealing a 17-12 Steelers win.
- In week 12 against the Cincinnati Bengals, he recorded 6 tackles and recovered a fumble forced by teammate Devin Bush on Tyler Boyd and returned the ball for 36 yards in the 16-10 win.
Career highlights/achievements and awards of Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Pro Bowl (2019)
- First-team All-Pro (2019)
- 2× CFP national champion (2015, 2017)
- 2× Consensus All-American (2016, 2017)
- Chuck Bednarik Award (2017)
- Jim Thorpe Award (2017)
- 2× First-team All-SEC (2016, 2017)
- Sporting News Freshman All-American (2015)
- USA Today High School All-American (2014)
Career history of Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Miami Dolphins (2018-2019)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (2019-present)
Career NFL statistics of Minkah Fitzpatrick
Total tackles: 149
Forced fumbles: 2
Pass deflections: 18
Defensive touchdowns: 3
Who is Minkah Fitzpatrick's Girlfriend?
Minkah Fitzpatrick is not married yet and he is still to get married. But he is not single as well. He is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend Anna Riggs Tully. Information about how the couple met each other is unknown. As of now, the duo is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Minkah Fitzpatrick?
Minkah Fitzpatrick is a very talented footballer. He has career earnings of $10 Million over one season, which ranks among active NFL players entering 2019. He earned $2.99 Million in 2018, which ranked 1st among Ss and 478th overall in the NFL. He ranks 14th on the Dolphins active roster with a $3 million cap hit for 2019. He ranked 16th in 2018 at $2 Million. His 2019 cap hit is 1.9 percent of the Dolphins' cap total for the season. Fitzpatrick passed for 0.6 snap% last season. The average for Ss who played 50% or more of their team's defensive snaps in 2018 was 1.7 percent of the team's total cap hit. His 2020 cap hit is $4.49 Million and his 2021 cap hit is $5.23 Million. As of 2020, the net worth as well as the salary of Minkah Fitzpatrick is unknown. Without a doubt, Minkah is earning in millions. His major source of wealth is from a football career. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings. Information about his cars and house details is unknown.
How tall is Minkah Fitzpatrick?
Minkah Fitzpatrick is a very handsome person with an athletic body build. He has got a tall height of 1.85 m with a bodyweight of 94 Kg. His other body measurements such as chest size, biceps size, waist size, hip size, and more are unknown. He has got a charming smile with a glowing face. His hair color is brown and his eye color is dark brown. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a cool style.