Miralem Pjanić Bio, Net Worth, Current Team, Transfer, Contract, Salary, Nationality, Religion, Wife, Girlfriend, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Height
The Globe Soccer Awards winner, Miralem Pjanić is a Bosnian professional soccer player who began to play football at the age of seven and currently plays for Italian club Juventus as a Midfielder. He started his professional football career from French club Metz in 2007. He later played for Lyon and Roma before joining Juventus in 2016. As a Juventus player, he has already won 3 Serie A titles, 2 Coppa Italia, and a Supercoppa Italiana. Individually, he was named Bosnian Player of the Year in 2014. Besides clubs, He also represented his nation in several tournaments at both junior and senior levels. He has been part of Luxembourg U17, U19, and Bosnia and Herzegovina national team.
What is Miralem Pjanić famous for?
- A Bosnian professional soccer player.
- Bosnian Player of the Year in 2014.
- Globe Soccer Awards Player Career Award in 2019.
Where is Miralem Pjanić from?
Going back to his early life, Miralem was born under the birth sign is Aries to his parents at Tuzla, SFR Yugoslavia in the year 1990. His parents are Fahrudin Pjanic and Fatima Pjanic. He has two siblings named Mirza Pjanić and Emina Pjanić. He holds multiple citizenship and his ethnicity is White. Further, He is Muslim by religion.
For education, He was educated at the University of Sarajevo from where he majored in Sport and Physical education.
What does Miralem Pjanić do for a living?
- Talking about his sports journey, Miralem has a keen interest in football from an early age. Thus, his father allowed joining local club FC Schifflange 95 in Schifflange at the age of 7.
- Later in 2004, He joined Metz at age 14 on a youth contract and spent three years in the club's academy.
- In the 2005-06 season, he played on the under-16 team that won the Championnat National des 16 ans and later signed a five-year élite contract with the club.
- In the 2006-07 season, He played on the under-18 team
- Later, He was promoted to the club's amateur team in the Championnat de France Amateur for the 2007-08 season.
- In August 2007, He made his professional football debut at the age of 17 in a league match against Paris Saint-Germain. He appeared as a substitute in a 0-0 draw.
- In November 2007, He signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal, tying him to Metz until 2010.
- He scored his first professional goal for Metz on 15th December 2007 in a 2-1 defeat against Sochaux converting on a penalty in the 88th minute, thus becoming one of the youngest players to score a goal in Ligue 1 history.
- While at Metz, He made 38 appearances and scored 5 goals. For his efforts, he was nominated for the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award, won by Hatem Ben Arfa.
- In June 2008, He signed a five-year contract with Lyon for €7.5 million-plus future incentives.
- He made his league debut in the opening league match of the season against Toulouse playing the entire match in a 3-0 victory.
- In October 2008, He fractured his fibula in a match against Sochaux as a result of a bad tackle by Stéphane Dalmat.
- Due to his diagnosis, He missed two months and made his return on 3rd January 2009 in the club's 6-0 thrashing of amateur club US Concarneau in the Coupe de France playing 66 minutes.
- In the 2009-10 season, He scored his first career league goal for the club, in which his side won 3-0 at Auxerre.
- In 2010, He scored the equalizing goal in Lyon's 1–1 draw with Spanish club Real Madrid in the second leg of their first knockout round tie in the UEFA Champions League.
- In September 2010, He scored his first goal of the season in the team's 3-1 win over Israeli club Hapoel Tel Aviv in the UEFA Champions League.
- In the 2010-11 season, He played as a starter and featured in the team's first three games.
- In August 2011, He signed a four-year deal with Italian club Roma, for €11 million.
- In 2012-13 season, He scored one more goal in 2-0 win over Torino and one in the Coppa Italia against Atalanta.
- In the 2013-14 season, He was a starter in the 4-3-3 midfield, playing a key role to the team's Serie A record of ten wins in the first ten season matches.
- In the 2013–14 Serie A season, He scored 6 goals and provided 6 assists.
- In April 2014, he scored the first goal in Roma's 2-0 victory over Milan.
- On 11th May 2014, He signed a new contract which will last until 30 June 2018.
- In the 2014-15 season, He was considered as a rising star in Italian football, scoring 5 times and assisting 10 goals.
- In the 2015-16 season, He emerged as one of the world's finest free-kick takers. He finished the season with ten league goals and 12 in all competitions.
- On 13th June 2016, He joined Juventus on a five-year contract for a fee of €32 million, ending a five-year stint with Roma.
- In September 2016, He scored on his debut in a 3-1 home win over Sassuolo.
- He missed out on a potential treble, having lost in the Champions League Final to Real Madrid after winning Coppa Italia and Serie A in his first season.
- In February 2018, He scored a crucial penalty against Atalanta to send Juventus through to the 2018 Coppa Italia Final. He once again became Serie A champion in a game against his old club Roma, which sealed his second domestic double in two seasons.
- In August 2018, He scored his first goal of the season in a 2-0 home win over Lazio.
- In September, He helped his team to a win by converting two penalties against Valencia in an eventual 2-0 victory in his first UEFA Champions League game of the season.
- In September 2019, He won his 100th match with Juventus in all competitions in a 2-1 home win over Verona in Serie A.
- Besides these, He appeared in Netflix's docu-series First Team: Juventus throughout the 2017-18 season.
Miralem Pjanić International Career Highlights
- Miralem Pjanić represented Luxembourg in the 2006 European Under-17 and Under-19 Championship. He scored Luxembourg's only goal of the tournament.
- In that same year, he scored 4 goals in a match against Belgium, which ended in a 5-5 draw.
- Later, He was called up to the country's under-21 team from the Football Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina. However, he had no longer a Bosnian passport and needed FIFA approval to switch nationalities. Thus, he wasn't allowed to be called up for the senior team. After an eight-month wait received a Bosnian passport in early 2008.
- In August 2008, He debuted for Bosnia and Herzegovina in the team's 1-2 loss to Bulgaria.
- In March 2010, He scored his first senior international goal in Bosnia's 2-1 win over Ghana in Sarajevo.
- Later, He was named in the 23-men squad for the tournament of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He scored a goal, leading to a 3-1 victory to help Bosnia and Herzegovina to their first-ever FIFA World Cup win during the final group match against Iran.
What are the achievements of Miralem Pjanić?
Miralem Pjanić has honored several titles and awards during his career which are listed below:
- Serie A (2016-17; 2017-18; 2018-19)
- Coppa Italia (2016-17; 2017-18)
- Supercoppa Italiana (2018)
- Bosnian Footballer of the Year (2014)
- Serie A Team of the Year (2015-16; 2016-17; 2017-18; 2018-19)
- UEFA Champions League Team of the Season (2016-17)
- Globe Soccer Awards Player Career Award (2019)
Who is Miralem Pjanić married to?
Miralem Pjanić is not married but has a romantic relationship with her long-term girlfriend, Josepha since 2002. Together, the couple is blessed with a son Edin as well. Presently, the couple seems to be happy and soon they are going to exchange their vows.
How much is Miralem Pjanić worth?
Miralem Pjanić earns a good amount of money from his profession as a football player. He is one of the most successful Bosnian players and has played for top clubs in Europe including Juventus, Roma, and Lyon. He had joined Lyon for €7.5 million in 2008. In 2011, he joined Roma for €11 million. In 2016, he joined the Italian giants Juventus for €32 million, where has managed to win numerous club titles. According to his contract details, his salary at Juventus is reported at €6.5 million. Besides his salary, he also adds ups his fortune via endorsement deals with several popular brands. As of 2020, his net worth is reported at €12 million.
What is Miralem Pjanić's height?
Miralem Pjanić has a height of 5 feet 11 inches and he weighs around 72 Kg. His eyes are hazel eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, he has a slim body and his other body statistics are still yet to be disclosed. Additionally, his sexual orientation is straight.
Did You Know?
- He competed for Luxembourg's national team at the U17 and U19 level.
- In total, Pjanić made 38 appearances and scored 5 goals with Metz.
- He often participates in training sessions and matches with his father.
- When the footballer was offered to join the first team of the Italian Roma, he was happy to agree to the contract.