Miranda Maverick - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Nationality, Records, Ranking, Salary, Boyfriend, Family, Height, Weight, Parents, Wiki, Career, Fight
Miranda Maverick, a versatile American mixed martial artist is well recognized for competing in the Flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). She began grappling when she was sixteen after encouragement by her father while watching Ronda Rousey fight on the television. She has ranked brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Miranda competed in the Flyweight division of the Invicta Fighting Championships (Invicta) whereas she is also #13 in the UFC women's flyweight rankings as of 12th July 2021. Moreover, Miranda is scheduled to face Maycee Barber on 24th July 2021 at UFC on ESPN: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw.
Miranda Maverick is juggling studies with a promising UFC career
Miranda Maverick wants to be making her mark in the world doing something other than fighting by the time she's 30. At that point, she'll use the degrees in psychology and sociology she's already earned, as well as the Ph.D. she's working on in industrial/organization psychology. "I'm big about prioritizing schedule," said Maverick. "I still get stressed. There is a lot of mental stress that comes along with the training, the fighting, my job, school, all of that together. I've had to learn to prioritize. To me right now, fighting in the camp, that's the No. 1 priority, then school, then work and my social life comes last."
"The people who really care about me want me to accomplish my goals and they know what it takes," she said. "My school will be over in the fall, and then I'll have less to worry about, so I'll be able to put more of my focus on fighting. And I'm really excited about what I can do when I have that time to focus more on training, nutrition, all of those kinds of things that lead to success in this business."
- Being an American mixed martial artist.
- For competing in the Flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
Where is Miranda Maverick from?
Miranda Maverick stepped for the very first time into the world on 1st July 1997 in Tunas, Missouri, United States. She is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Miranda has celebrated her 24th birthday recently in 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Cancer. Miranda is the daughter of her father, Cordell Maverick, and her mother, Debbie Maverick.
Regarding Miranda's education, she graduated with honors from Drury University, majoring in psychology and sociology in 2018. Maverick then relocated to Norfolk, VA to pursue a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology at Old Dominion University.
What does Miranda Maverick do for a living?
- Miranda Maverick kicks off her MMA career fighting under Kansas City Fighting Alliance, ShoFight, and The Blue Corner promotions in 2015 as she amassed a record of 7-1, winning the Blue Corner and Shofight flyweight championships all while 18 years old. She was listed as the number one amateur woman in her region on Tapology at the time she went pro.
- Then she was contacted by President Shannon Knapp of Invicta Fighting Championships where she made her promotional debut on 18th November 2016 at Invicta FC 20: Evinger vs. Kunitskaya against Samantha Diaz. She won the fight via rear-naked choke in round one.
- She also won the fight against Kalyn Schwartz on 25th March 2017 at Invicta FC 22: Evinger vs. Kunitskaya II and defeated Gabby Romero at Invicta FC 24: Dudieva vs. Borella on 15th July 2017.
- She defeated Leonardo via submission on 1st September 2018 at Invicta FC 31: Jandiroba vs. Morandin as well as defeated Pearl Gonzalez at Invicta FC 39 on 7th February 2020.
- Additionally, Miranda was expected to make her promotional debut against Mara Romero Borella on 27th June 2020 at UFC on ESPN: Poirier vs. Hooker. However, she was forced to pull out due to injury.
- She faced Liana Jojua on 24th October 2020 at UFC 254 and won the fight via TKO due to a doctor stoppage between rounds one and two.
- After that, she was next expected to face Gillian Robertson at UFC 258 on 13th February 2021. But, hours before the fight, Robertson had a non-COVID-related illness, and the bout was canceled. Later on 27th March 2021, the pair eventually was rescheduled to UFC 260. Maverick won the fight via unanimous decision.
- Miranda is scheduled to face Maycee Barber on 24th July 2021 at UFC on ESPN: Sandhagen vs. Dillashaw.
Who is Miranda Maverick Boyfriend?
Miranda Maverick is an unmarried lady. She is in a romantic relationship with her handsome boyfriend Pete. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get separated. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. Concerning Miranda's sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Miranda Maverick Net Worth?
Miranda Maverick has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021. She has also a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Miranda has not done any endorsement work yet. Her major source of income is from her MMA career.
What is the Height of Miranda Maverick?
Miranda Maverick has 5 ft 3 in (1.60 m) of height with 57 kg of body weight. She has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. Miranda's body build is athletic. Her killer stilettos with short fabulous dresses showing off her envious long legs make her the object of desire among men.
Trivias About Miranda Maverick You Need To Know.
- Maverick is currently a PhD student at Old Dominion University, studying Industrial Psychology.
- She grew up working on her family farm moving around many states in the Midwest and Southern United States.
- She started grappling when she was sixteen after encouragement by her father while watching Ronda Rousey fight on the television.
- She also joined her high school wrestling team in Buffalo, Missouri.
- She stopped focusing on wrestling, instead of turning her sights on MMA soon after she graduated high school at 18.