Mitchell Robinson Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Contract, Girlfriend, Family, Nationality, Height, Weight, Facts, Parent, Career, Position, Education
Mitchell Robinson is an American professional basketball player. He is currently playing for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). His playing position is Center for his current team. He was drafted in the 2018 NBA Summer League by the New York Knicks with the 36th overall pick. He spent two years at Pine Forest High School and briefly transferred to Landry-Walker College and Career Preparatory High School in New Orleans. He then led Chalmette High School to their first state playoff win in 19 years as a junior. He joined the Dallas-based Nike Pro Skills on the AAU circuit in between his junior and senior years. As a senior at Chalmette, he averaged 25.7 points, 12.6 rebounds, and 6 blocked shots per game. Before beginning his professional career, Mitchell gained national coverage for withdrawing from his commitment to attend Western Kentucky University to instead dedicate the entire 2017–2018 season for training on his own, being the first player to make such a decision. His shirt number/jersey number is 23.
Mitchell Robinson Status For Knicks-Nets Game
Mitchell Robinson will be available for the game between the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets alongside RJ Barrett on 30th November 2021. Both players had been listed as questionable for an illness, but will both play in the game. The Knicks come into the game after defeating the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday night, and have an 11-9 record in their first 20 games of the season. As for the Nets, they are 14-6, which is the best record in the east.
What is Mitchell Robinson Known For?
- Being a professional basketball player.
- Being called by some analysts "the best shot-blocker in his class", with uncommon closing speed and a long reach that led to numerous highlight-reel blocks.
- For his impressive closing speed and long range give him a first-class shot-blocking ability.
- Being called the "most entertaining player" in the New Orleans area for his ability to convert alley-oop dunks.
- For comparing his game to DeAndre Jordan and Tyson Chandler.
Where is Mitchell Robinson From? Details About His Real Name, Family, and Education
Mitchell Robinson was born on 1st April 1998 which makes him the present age of 23. His birth name/real name is Mitchell Robinson III. He is from Pensacola, Florida, the USA. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is African-American. His race is black. His Zodiac sign falls under Aries and he follows the Christianity religion. He was born to his father and his mother, Lakesha Hall. Also, he has a sibling, a sister namely Sadie Robinson with whom he grew up.
About his education, Mitchell attended Pine Forest High School, and then he was transferred to Landry-Walker College and Career Preparatory High School in New Orleans as a sophomore. He first appeared in the summer league before his junior year for Chalmette High School. He led the Owls to their first state playoff win as a junior. He averaged 20.9 points, 13.6 rebounds, 8.1 blocks, and 2 steals per game. Moreover, he made the all-district, all-Metro, and all-State teams for his efforts. Robinson then joined Dallas-based Nike Pro Skills on the AAU circuit for the summer, winning individual honors in the Nike EYBL and leading Pro Skills to the season-ending Peach Jam. As a senior, he averaged 25.7 points, 12.6 rebounds, and 6 blocked shots per outing earning Trophy All-America honorable mention and MaxPreps All-America honorable mention status as well as USA Today All-USA Louisiana first-team honors and being named All-District, All-Metro, All-State, and the All-Metro Player of the Year from the New Orleans Advocate, as well as the St. Bernard Post Male Athlete of the Year for the parish. Furthermore, he led Chalmette to their first district championship in their own regular-season tournament. Also, he became the first Chalmette basketball player to be named a McDonald's All-American, and also played in the Jordan Brand Classic and the LHSBCA All-Star game. He tallied 14 points, three rebounds, and two blocked shots playing in the 2017 McDonald's All-American Boys Game. In addition, he also participated in the 2017 Jordan Brand Classic where he scored 15 points in 17 minutes of play while pulling down three rebounds. Initially, he committed to play college basketball at Texas A&M, but later, he attended Western Kentucky in July 2017. After practicing for two weeks, he was suspended for violating the ream rules. Due to this, he was granted a release to transfer and he took visits to Louisiana State University, the University of Kansas, and the University of New Orleans in August 2017. He returned to Western Kentucky a month after leaving campus on 27th August. On 18th September, he announced he would forgo college and prepare for the 2018 NBA draft. He was named one of 69 players who planned to participate in the NBA Draft Combine.
Mitchell Robinson Career Timeline
- Mitchell Robinson's professional career began after he was selected with the 36th overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft by the New York Knicks on 21st June 2018.
- He appeared for the Knicks in the 2018 NBA Summer League setting summer league records for blocked shots and offensive rebounds.
- On 8th July 2018, he signed a multi-year, rookie scale contract with the Knicks.
- He faced an ankle injury during the preseason.
- On 17th October, he made his professional debut against the Atlanta Hawks where he scored two points in a 127-106 win.
- On 26th October, he made his first start against the Golden State Warriors.
- He recorded his first double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds against the Dallas Mavericks on 2nd November.
- Next, he set the Knicks' rookie record with nine blocks in a 115-89 loss to the Orlando Magic on 11th November.
- He recorded season highs of 19 points and 21 rebounds in the Knicks' 117-92 loss to the Toronto Raptors on 28th March 2019 and became the first Knicks' rookie to record 19 points and 21 rebounds in a game.
- He recorded eight points and 17 rebounds in a 96-86 win over the Chicago Bulls on 9th April.
- He finished his 2019 season second in the NBA in blocked shots per game, only behind Myles Turner of the Indiana Pacers, and was named to the All-Rookie Second Team
- He scored a career-high 22 points and recorded 13 rebounds in a 143-120 win against the Hawks on 17th December 2019 and scored 22 points on perfect 11-of-11 shooting from the field in a 117-93 win against the Portland Trail Blazers on 1st January 2020.
- He then recorded a double-double with 12 points and a season-high 16 rebounds in a 108-101 loss to the Charlotte Hornets on 26th February.
- Surprisingly, when the 2019-2020 season finished, he broke Wilt Chamberlain's NBA record for highest field goal percentage in a single season.
- He fractured his right hand during the second quarter and did not return after halftime during the game against the Washington Wizards on 12th February 2021.
Mitchell Robinson National Team Career
- Mitchell Robinson was named to the preliminary roster of the United States national under-19 team in the year 2017 but he did not make the final cut for the 12-men squad for the 2017 FIBA Under-19 Basketball World Cup.
Awards and Achievements
- NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2019)
- McDonald′s All-American (2017)
Who is Mitchell Robinson Girlfriend?
Mitchell Robinson is not married yet and he is still to get married. He has been very confidential regarding his personal life. Not much news regarding his relationships and affairs has been published or revealed in the media. It seems he is currently focusing on his career and he has no plan to get into any kind of committed relationship or marriage. He is assumed to be single at present. He is assumed to be single at present. He is living a cool lifestyle from his earnings at present.
Mitchell Robinson Net Worth and Salary: How much is he making annually?
Mitchell Robinson is a professional basketballer who has accumulated a net worth of between in the range of $1 Million-$5 Million as of 2021. He is making an annual salary of $1.6 million from his current team i.e New York Knicks. His main source of income is from his basketball career. As per the source, he reportedly signed a four-year contract worth $6.5 Million on 8th July 2018. He has made career earnings of more than $3,000,000 from his entire NBA career. About his assets, he has a Silverado truck, Chevrolet car. He is living a standard lifestyle at present.
How tall is Mitchell Robinson?
Mitchell Robinson is a handsome basketball player whose body type is athletic. He is a talented youngster who took a peculiar path to his professional career for which he gained wide media attention. Moving towards his body measurements, his height measured 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m) without shoes, 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) with shoes, and his weight consist of 240 lbs or 109 KG, with a 7 ft 4 in (2.24 m) wingspan and 9 ft 3 in (2.82 m) standing reach. Also, he has inked several tattoos on his body. His other body size is still to get unfolded yet. Mitchell has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is black-brown. He has got a healthy body.
Did You Know?
- Mitchell Robinson plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- His playing position is Center.
- He was drafted in the 2018 NBA Summer League by the New York Knicks with the 36th overall pick.
- His shirt number/jersey number is 23.
- He has a sister, Sadie Robinson.
- Mitchell Robinson is an animal lover.
- He loves to play Volleyball.