Mitt Romney Bio, Senator, Net Worth, Pierre Delecto, Wife, Sons Family, Age, Facts, Wiki, Education, News, Twitter Account, Party, Parents, Children
Mitt Romney is an American politician and businessman who currently serves as the Junior United States senator from Utah since January 2019. Romney also served as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007. In 2012, Time magazine included Romney in their List of The 100 Most Influential People in the World. Recently, on October 21, 2019, Mitt Romney admitted having a secret Twitter account to defend himself from criticism.
What is Mitt Romney famous for?
- Famous as the American politician and Junior US senator from Utah.
When was Mitt Romney born?
Mitt Romney was born on March 12, 1947, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. His birth name is Willard Mitt Romney. American is his nationality. His zodiac sign is Pisces. White is his ethnicity.
He was born to George Romney(father) and Lenore Romney(mother). His parents were also a politician. He has a brother, Scott Romney and two sisters, Jane and Margo Lynn Romney. He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan along with his siblings. Since his childhood, he was interested in politics. He also had participated in political campaigns of his parents.
He did his schooling from Cranbook School. Later in 1971, he went to Brigham Young University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in English. Later, he graduated from Harvard Law School with a law degree. In 1975, he attended Harvard Business School and graduated with a Business Administration degree. He also helped his parents in their political campaign.
Mitt Romney's Career Highlights
- Mitt Romney started his professional career after he joined the Boston Consulting Group(BCG) as a management consultant in 1975.
- In 1977, Romney was hired by the management consulting firm, "Bain & Company".
- Romney became a counselor to the president of the Boston Stake in 1977.
- Romney served as vice-president of the firm in 1978 where he was referred to as one of its best consultants.
- In 1984, Romney left "Bain & Company" as he co-founded and led the spin-off company, "Bain Capital".
- Later, in 1990, Romney was announced as the CEO of "Bain & Company" where he lead the company out of a financial crisis.
- Romney served as bishop of his ward and later as a stake president at "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"(LDS Church).
- In 1994, Romney ran as the Republican candidate in the 1994 United States Senate election in Massachusetts.
- In February 1999, Romney served as the president and CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Games Organizing Committee.
- He restructured the organization's leadership and policies and soon emerged as the local public face of the Olympic effort.
- Romney separated from "Bain Capital" in early 2002 however, earning million dollars as annual income.
- Romney got elected as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts on January 2, 2003. He presided over the elimination of a projected $1.2–1.5 billion deficit over the tax loopholes during his tenure.
- Romney announced of candidacy for the Republican nomination in the 2008 U.S. presidential election on February 13, 2007.
- Romney released his book titled "No Apology: The Case for American Greatness" in March 2010.
- Romney became the first LDS Church member to be a presidential nominee of a major party to be a candidate for the 2012 Presidential Election.
- However, he was defeated by the incumbent Democratic President Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
- Romney was elected U.S. Senator from Utah on November 6, 2018.
- On February 16, 2018, Romney formally launched his campaign through a video message posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Romney became the third personality to serve as governor of one state and senator from another state after the general election for US Senate seat in Utah on November 6, 2018.
- Romney condemned the 2019 Sri Lanka Easter bombings on April 21, 2019.
- On October 21, 2019, Romney admitted having run a secret Twitter account under the mysterious pseudonym "Pierre Delecto" to defend himself from the columnist's criticism.
Who is Mitt Romney married to?
The American politician, Mitt Romney is married to Ann Davies. Ann Davies is an equestrian, author, and philanthropist who had served as the First Lady of Massachusetts for four years(2003-2007). The couple tied the knot with each other in 1969. The couple is happy together and there are no rumors of their divorce.
The couple is blessed with five sons, Tagg, Matt, Josh, Ben, and Craig. Mitt is also the grandfather of David Milt and William Romney. At present, he is living in Michigan with his family. He is also active in social media with around 90k followers on Instagram.
How much is the net worth of Mitt Romney?
The American politician, Mitt Romney has an estimated net worth of $230 million as of 2019. The politician earns a good amount of money from his profession. His net worth also includes his stocks, shares, and assets. He is supposed to be one of the richest American politicians.
Romney's previous company, "Bain Company" also had bought for $1 billion stakes in 1996 and sold months later for a profit of $700 million also, making a $1 billion profit after two years. Romney has about $31 million in cash, $500,000 worth of gold, and that less than a quarter of his financial assets from the firm, "Bain Company".
Romney lists an additional $3.7 million in dividend income(trust funds) and $6.8 million in net capital gains. In 2012, Romney and his wife, Ann had a net worth of between $190 and $250 million.
With all the fortune in million dollars, Romney is living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Mitt Romney?
The 72 years old multi-millionaire politician, Mitt Romney has a maintained average body physique. Romney stands tall with a height of 6ft. 2inch. (1.88m) while his body weighs around 84kg(185 lbs). Romney has a fair complexion with grey hair and hazel eyes.