Last updated on August 4th, 2023 at 06:00 pm
Moby's Claims and Portman's Deny: A brief Love Story
The 53-year-old Porcelain singer, Moby in his new 2019 memoir "Then It Fell Apart", claimed to have been in a brief romantic relationship with beautiful actress Natalie Portman in the back 90s when Portman was 20 and Moby was 33 years old.
Moby’s recollection of books is different. In his book, he writes:
- “We had just finished a show in Austin, playing to four hundred and fifty people at a venue that held five hundred. I walked to the backstage door, sure that this was a misunderstanding or a joke, but there was Natalie Portman, patiently waiting. She gazed up at me with black eyes and said, ‘Hi.’
- “I was a bald binge drinker who lived in an apartment that smelled like mildew and mold bricks, and Natalie Portman was a beautiful movie star. But here she was in my dressing room, flirting with me.”
Moby references another encounter after the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards:
- “After the show, Natalie appeared on the balcony where my turn-tables were set up. She was wearing a perfectly fitted beige dress and looked disconcertingly like Audrey Hepburn. ‘What do you think of my suit?’ I asked, smiling nervously.”
A later story details a period in 1999 when Portman was attending Harvard in Boston:
- “I took a taxi to Cambridge to meet Natalie. We held hands and wandered around Harvard, kissing under the centuries-old oak trees. At midnight she brought me to her dorm room and we lay down next to each other on her small bed. After she fell asleep I carefully extracted myself from her arms and took a taxi back to my hotel.”
Natalie Portman is a well-known film actress, producer, writer, and director who has been able to mark her name in among the Hollywood stars. Dual citizenship: Israel and America holder Portman born on June 9, 1981, is a well educated professional actress who has served the industry giving hits movies of all time.
Portman can be seen in several movies like: "Leon: The Professional", "Everyone Says I Love You", "Heat", "Mars Attacks!", "Beautiful Girls", and popularly known for her role of Queen Padme Amidala in the "Star Wars prequel trilogy". She is the recipient of several Academy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and Oscar Awards as well.
Portman is also a philanthropist, an Ambassador of Hope for FINCA International, a Democratic supporter and a follower of the vegan diet. She also stands for animal rights by not wearing fur items of clothing.
Was Natalie Portman okay with the claims of Moby?
When the Oscar award winner Natalie Portman was asked about the allegations in an interview with "Harpers Bazaar UK", she stated out loud of remembering him only as a much older man being creepy with her, as published on Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
- “I was surprised to hear that he characterized the very short time that I knew him as dating because my recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school.”
Portman added of her being just 18, refuting Moby's claims that she was 20 when they first met. Further, she explained:
- “I was a fan and went to one of his shows when I had just graduated. When we met after the show, Morg said to be friends."
- "He was on tour and I was on a shoot of a film, so we only hung out a handful of times before I realized that this was an older man who was interested in me in a way that felt inappropriate.”
Portman continued to correct the thing:
- "There was no fact-checking from him or his publisher – it almost feels deliberate that he used this story to sell his book was very disturbing to me."
- "It wasn't the case. There are many factual errors and inventions. I would have liked him or his publisher to reach out to fact check."
The reaction of Moby Towards Portman's Deny?
Moby countered Portman's deny towards his claims with an Instagram post-Tuesday, alongside an old photo of the pair together.
- "I recently read a gossip piece where Natalie Portman said that we'd never dated. This confused me, as we did, in fact, date."
- "And after briefly dating in 1999, we remained friends for years. I like Natalie, and I respect her intelligence and activism. But, to be honest, I can't understand why she would actively misrepresent the truth."
He added at the end of the caption that he understands why she would "regret" dating him.
- "Ps I completely respect Natalie's possible regret in dating me(to be fair, I would probably regret dating me, too), but it doesn't alter the actual facts of our brief romantic history."