Mollie King - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Facts, Career, Size, Band
Mollie King is an English pop singer who is famous as a former member of the girl group, The Saturdays. The group has several hit singles and albums before they went on a hiatus in 2014. She pursued a solo music career in 2015. She was previously a member of the girl group, Fallen Angelz.
King is also a television personality who competed in the Strictly Come Dancing in 2017. She has appeared in several tv shows. She is also the co-host of the radio show, BBC Radio 1.
What is Mollie King Famous For?
- Member of the girl group, The Saturdays.
Where is Mollie King From?
Mollie King was born on 4 June 1987. Her birth name is Mollie Elizabeth King. Her birth place is in Wandsworth, London in England. She holds English nationality. She was born to her father, Stephen King, and her mother, Susan Wykes. She has two older siblings, Ellen and Laura Ann. She belongs to the white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her zodiac sign is Gemini.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Surbiton High School. She was an outstanding ski athlete. She was on the high school Ski team. She was a member of the British Children's Ski Team and received a scholarship to the British Ski Academy by the age of 11. She was one of the youngest racers on the team for Great Britain. She achieved three As in her A levels, in Psychology, Business and Economics, and Sports.
Mollie King Singing Career
- Mollie King left her Ski career to become a singer.
- She was a member of the girl group, Fallen Angelz.
- They appeared on The X Factor as well.
- She later became a member of the girl group, The Saturdays in 2007.
- The group released their debut single, "If This Is Love" in July 2008. It peaked at No. 8 in the UK.
- Their first studio album, Chasing Lights in October 2008. It charted at number nine in the UK.
- The group also moved to Los Angeles to achieve a breakthrough in the American market.
- They signed with Island Def Jam Records and Mercury Records.
- E! Network also broadcasted a reality show, Chasing The Saturdays, following the girls during their three-month stay in America.
- The show was canceled after one series.
- Their first number-one single is "What About Us" featuring Sean Paul.
- Their studio albums are Chasing Lights (2008), Wordshaker (2009), On Your Radar (2011), and Living for the Weekend (2013).
- In summary, the group achieved 13 Top 10 hits and four Top 10 albums.
- Their hit singles are "If This Is Love", "Up", "Issues", "Just Can't Get Enough", "Forever Is Over", "Ego", "Missing You", "Notorious", "All Fired Up", "30 Days", "What About Us", and "Disco Love".
- The band went on hiatus in 2014 and released a greatest hits album, Finest Selection: The Greatest Hits in the same year.
- She started her solo career after she signed a solo deal with Island Records in October 2015.
- She released her debut solo single, "Back to You" in August 2016.
Mollie King Television and Radio Career
- Mollie King is also a television actress and personality.
- She appeared in several episodes of Hollyoaks Later.
- As a part of The Saturdays, she appeared in the BBC series, Myths.
- She appeared in two episodes of the online show, Sam King.
- She appeared on The King is Dead and Never Mind the Buzzcocks in 2010.
- She appeared on the reality show, Ghosthunting with... with her colleagues.
- Along with her bandmates, she appeared on the Reality TV show, The Saturdays: 24/7.
- She was a panelist in an episode of Through the Keyhole in October 2013.
- She competed in the celebrity edition TV show, The Cube in June 2014. She won £100,000 for her chosen charity, the British Heart Foundation.
- She competed in the 15th series of BBC One Strictly Come Dancing in 2017. She was partnered with AJ Pritchard and they reached the semi-final of the show.
- She guest-presented the children's tv show, Blue Peter in January 2018.
- She stood in for Dan Wootton for a week on the breakfast show, Lorraine with the entertainment news in January 2018.
- She co-hosted BBC Radio 1 every Saturday 1 pm-4 pm alongside Matt Edmondson starting from February 2018.
- She became full-time co-host of the show in June 2018.
- She presented This Morning in August 2018, of which she is now the senior female relief presenter.
- She presented Best New Pop on Friday mornings as well as the breakfast show from August 2019.
- She is set to become the presenter of the BBC Radio 1 show, Future Pop. The show premiers in September 2022.
Everything To Know About Stuart Broad
Who is Mollie King Husband?
Mollie King is not married but she is engaged. She is engaged to England cricketer Stuart Broad. They got engaged on 1 January 2021. The couple announced in June 2022 that they are expecting a child together. They live in London.
She previously dated Lawson member, Andy Brown. They dated for a year between 2010 and 2011. She then dated supermodel, David Gandy from 2011 to 2012. They rekindled their relationship in 2014 but it ended in 2016.
What is Mollie King Height?
Mollie King stands at the height of 1.63 m i.e. 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 112.5 lbs i.e. 51 kg. She has a slim body build. Her body measurements are 34-24-34 inches. Her bra size is 32B. Her eye color is gray and her hair color is blonde. Her dress size is 2 (US) and her shoe size is 8.5 (US).
Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Mollie King Net Worth?
Mollie King is a popular singer who became famous as a member of the girl group, The Saturdays. The band released several albums. They have numerous hit singles to their name. Their income comes from record sales, contracts, concerts, and tours. Along with the members of The Saturdays, she appeared in several advertisements for deodorant, tampons, mobile phones, and hair removal products among others. The Saturdays became the faces of hair removal product, Veet in 2009. They became the faces of Impulse women's deodorant. They were featured on T-Mobile's Big Sofa Night In campaign.
She created a collection for Oasis Stores titled 'Love by Mollie' in 2013. She designed shoes to help raise funds for UK charity, Save The Children. She was an ambassador for Maybelline during the Vodafone London Fashion Week. She became the face of the Christmas campaign for Boux Avenue lingerie in 2017. Alongside her singing career, she has appeared in several television and radio shows. Summing up, she has made her fortune out of her career in the entertainment industry. Her net worth is estimated at around $2 million.
Trivias About Mollie King You Need To Know.
- She was high school teammates with Chemmy Alcott, future British National Champion seven times.
- She left her ski career with the dream of becoming a singer.
- She was diagnosed with Dyslexia.
- She is a fan of Britney Spears.
- The Saturdays published their autobiography, The Saturdays: Our Story in October 2010.
- The Saturdays were involved in numerous charity works.
- She was nominated for 'Best New Presenter' at the Audio & Radio Industry Awards (ARIAS) in September 2018.
- Andy Brown-written songs "When She Was Mine" and "Standing in the Dark" were inspired by his break-up with Mollie King.
- It is reported in English tabloids that she secretly dated Prince Harry.
- She is a dog lover and has a dog named Alfie.