Monica Bellucci - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Personal Life, Family, Parents, Nationality, Actress, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Measurements, Kids
Monica Bellucci is an Italian actress and model. She began her professional career as a fashion model before appearing in films. She is often considered the most beautiful woman in the world. Also, she was ranked No. 1 on AskMen’s Most Desirable Woman list in 2002. She is best known for her role as Persephone in the science-fiction films The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. She was nominated for a Cesar Award for best-supporting Actress Award for her role as Lisa in a French movie The Apartment. She has also won the Golden Globe Award in 2005.
Monica Belluci is quite active in social media platforms. She has over 3.4m followers on her Instagram @monicabellucciofficiel and has over 28.8k followers on her Twitter @mbelluccinet.
What is Monica Bellucci famous for?
- Famous as an Italian actress and model.
- Her role as Lisa in a French movie The Apartment.
Where was Menuca Bellucci born?
Monica Bellucci was born on September 30, 1964, in Citta di Castello, Umbria, Italy. Her birth name is Monica Anna Maria Bellucci. She was born to father, Pasquale Bellucci, and mother, Brunella Briganti. She is the only child of her parents. She grew up in Lama of San Giustino.
Monica Bellucci holds an Italian nationality and belongs to a Caucasian White ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She believes in Agnosticism.
Regarding her education, she attended the University of Perugia to study law But she left her study to pursue her modeling career in 1988.
Monica Bellucci's Career Highlights
- Monica Bellucci started her modeling career by posing for a local photo enthusiast at age 13.
- In 1988, she left her study to pursue her modeling career and moved to Milan and joined Elite Model Management. Within a year, Monica became famous as a fashion model in Paris and across the Atlantic, in New York City.
- She posed for reputed fashion brands like Dolce & Gabbana, French Elle, Christian Dior, and others.
- In February 2001, she appeared on the cover of an American men's magazine, "Esquire". She also appeared in an international men's magazine, "Maxim" in 2003.
- Apart from her modeling career, she began her acting career in the early 1990s. Initially, She played some minor roles in films such as La Riffa (1991), Ostinato Destino (1992), and Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992).
- Thereafter, she appeared in several films including, Briganti – Amore e Liberta (1994), Snowball (1995) and Bits and Pieces (1995).
- In 1996, She played the role of Lisa in the film The Apartment which earned a Cesar Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress.
- Later on, she appeared in several films such as Dobermann (1997), Mauvais genre (1997), Kaputt Mundi (1998), Mediterranees (1999), Franck Spadone (2000) and among other.
- Through the years, She became popular with worldwide audiences for her roles in films like Malena (2000), Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001), Under Suspicion (2000) and Irreversible (2002).
- Since then, she has played in many films from Europe and Hollywood like Tears of the Sun (2003), The Matrix Reloaded (2003), The Passion of the Christ (2004), Secret Agents (2004), The Brothers Grimm (2005), Sheitan (2006), Le Deuxième souffle (2007), Shoot 'Em Up (2007), Sanguepazzo (2008), The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009), Don't Look Back (2009), and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010).
- Besides acting and modeling, she has done voice roles for French and Italian releases of the film Shoot'Em Up, for the video game "Prince of Persia: Warrior Within", and for the 2005 animated film Robots.
- From 2006 to 2010, she was the face of a range of Dior products and became the new face of Dolce & Gabbana in 2012.
- In 2011, she starred in a French-Italian-Swiss drama film A Burning Hot Summer. In the following year, she appeared in an Iranian film, Rhino Season.
- In 2015, she starred in the James Bond movie 'Spectre' as Lucia Sciarra and became the oldest Bond girl ever in the James Bond film franchise by age of 50.
- In 2018, she starred in an Australian comedy science-fiction horror film, Nekrotronic as Finnegan.
- She also appeared in a French drama film, The Best Years of a Life in 2019.
Monica Bellucci's Awards and Nominations
- In 1997, she received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress in Cesar Awards for her role in the film The Apartment.
- In 2001, she received a nomination for the European Film Awards in the category of Audience Award for Best Actress for her work in the film Malena.
- In 2003, she won an Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists award on the category of Best Supporting Actress for the film, Ricordati di me.
- On the same year, she has won a couple of nominations such as Best Supporting Actress by Saturn Award for ‘Brotherhood for the Wolf’, Best Supporting Actress by David Di Donatello Awards for ‘Ricordati di me’, Best Female for Cinemascope Genre Face of the Future Award for ‘The Matrix Reloaded’ and ‘The Matrix Revolution.
- She was also nominated by the Teen Choice Awards on the category of Choice Movie Female Breakout Star for the films, ‘The Matrix Reloaded’ and ‘Tears of the Sun’.
- In 2005, she won the Golden Globe Award on the category of European Golden Globe.
- In 2017, she won an Italian National Syndicate of Film Journalists Award on the category of European Nastro D'Argento for On the Milky Road.
- In 2020, she has won a Magritte Award.
- In 2002, she was ranked No. 1 on AskMen’s Most Desirable Woman list.
Monica Bellucci's Husband
Monica Bellucci is a divorced woman. Currently, she is enjoying her single life.
Previously, Monica Bellucci married to a French actor, Vincent Cassel. They met first in the shooting of the film ‘The Appartement' in 1996. Then, both became close to each other, and finally, they got married on August 3, 1999, in Monaco. The couple has been blessed with two children, Deva Cassel, and Leonie Cassel.
Sadly, Monica and Vincent divorced after 14 years of their marriage on 26 August 2013.
Before Cassel, Monica Bellucci had married to a fashion photographer, Claudio Carlos Basso. The couple got married in 1990 and divorced in 1994.
Monica Bellucci's Height and Weight
Monica Bellucci is a beautiful woman with a voluptuous body. She stands at a height of 1.7 m (5 feet and 6 inches) tall and her body weighs around 64 kg (141 lbs.). Her body measurements are 37-25-36 inches. She wears a shoe size of 9 (US) and a dress size of 8 (US). Her bra size is 34C. Her hair color is Dark Brown and her eye color is Brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Monica Bellucci's Net worth
Monica Bellucci earns from her professional career as a model and actress. As of 2020, she has a net worth of $45 million. There is no information about her salary and other assets.