Monica Potter - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Divorce, Nationality, Age, Birthday, House, Facts, Wiki, Height, Career, Awards, Children
Monica Potter is a famous American actress and model. She is best known for her role as Kristina Braverman on the TV series 'Parenthood' for which she has won a Critics' Choice Television Award under the category of 'Best Drama Supporting Actress'. She was also nominated for a Golden Globe Award under the category of Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film for her performance in 'Parenthood'. She has also appeared in several movies such as 'Saw', 'Along Came A Spider', 'Patch Adams', and 'Con Air'.
She is also the founder and principal owner of natural skincare, beauty products, and home decor business, "Monica Potter Home" in Cleveland, Ohio.
Monica Potter is also active in social media platforms with over 85.7k followers on Instagram @monicapottergram and over 86k followers on Twitter @monicapotter.
What is Monica Potter famous for?
- Famous as an American actress and model.
Where was Monica Potter born?
Monica Potter was born in Cleveland, Ohio, the USA on June 30, 1971. Her birth name is Monica Gregg Brokaw. She was born to father, Paul Brokaw, and mother, Nancy Brokaw. Her father was the inventor of the first flame-resistant car wax. She has three sisters, Kerry, Jessica, and Brigette. She wanted to be an actress since childhood and joined the Cleveland Play House. Monica raised in her hometown in Cleveland. She was also lived some time in Arab, Alabama, at her young age.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She was raised by a Catholic family.
Regarding her education, she attended Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School. Later, received her graduation from Euclid High School.
Monica Potter's Career Highlights
- Monica Potter used to work at a flower shop when she was 12 and later also worked at a sub sandwich shop in her teenage.
- After some time, Monica's father sent her photograph to a local modeling agency and they hired her immediately. She then modeled for some newspapers, magazine ads, and local commercials. Later, she moved to Hollywood.
- In 1994, Monica made her screen debut as Sharon Newman on CBS soap opera, 'The Young and the Restless'. In the following year, she appeared in the Alan Jackson music video, 'Tall, Tall Trees'.
- In 1996, she appeared in a small role in the action-comedy film, 'Bulletproof'.
- She appeared in her breakthrough role as Tricia Poe playing the wife of Nicolas Cage in the film, 'Con Air' in 1997.
- She has also starred opposite Robin Williams in the movie, 'Patch Adams' In 1998. The same year, She also appeared in several movies such as 'Martha, Meet Frank, Daniel, and Laurence', 'Without Limits', and 'A Cool, Dry Place'.
- In 1999, she played the role of Lilli in the romantic drama movie, 'Heaven or Vegas'.
- In 2001, she co-starred with Freddie Prinze, Jr. in the romantic comedy movie, 'Head Over Heels', and with Morgan Freeman in the thriller movie, 'Along Came a Spider' which was based on the James Patterson best-seller novel, "Along Came a Spider".
- She played the role of Lucy in a romantic comedy movie, 'I'm With Lucy' in 2002. She then appeared as Alison Gordon in the adventure thriller movie, 'Saw' in 2004.
- In 2004, she starred as Lori Colson in the TV series, 'Boston Legal' for which Monica along with other cast members was nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award under the category of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series.
- In 2008, she played the role of Laura Buchwald in a comedy film, 'Lower Learning' along with Jason Biggs, Eva Longoria, Rob Corddry, Ryan Newman, and Andy Pessoa. In the following year, she starred as Emma Collingwood in a horror thriller film, 'The Last House on the Left', and also became a cast member of a new TNT series titled 'Trust Me'.
- She played the role of Kristina Braverman in the super hit television drama series, 'Parenthood' in 2010. She has been critically applauded for her performance and even earned her a Golden Globe best-supporting actress nomination.
- In 2015, she was joined by her mother and all three sisters on the game show, 'Celebrity Family Feud'. The following year, she along with her family members, appeared in an HGTV reality series, 'Welcome Back Potter'.
- In 2017, She appeared in the television drama series, 'Wisdom of the Crowd' which is written by Humphrey and directed by Adam Davidson. The series was first aired on October 1, 2017.
Monica Potter's Awards and Nominations
- Monica Potter won the Critics’ Choice Television Award under the category of Best Drama Supporting Actress for Parenthood in 2013.
- She has also nominated for a Golden Globe Award under the category of Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film and TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Drama for her performance in Parenthood in 2013.
- She has also received a nomination of Screen Actors Guild Award under the category of Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for her performance in Boston Legal in 2005.
Monica Potter's Husband
Monica Porter is a married woman. She married surgeon Daniel Christopher Allison in 2005. The couple has one child, a daughter named Molly Brigid Allison, who was born on August 3, 2005. In 2015, Daniel joined the US Navy Reserve as a physician.
Sadly, Monica Potter and Daniel Christopher Allison filled for a divorce in 2018.
Previously, Monica Potter was married to Tom Potter in 1990. The couple shares two sons, Daniel Potter, and Liam Potter together. They divorced in the year 1998.
Monica Potter's Height and Weight
As of 2020, Monica Potter is 49 years old. She is a gorgeous lady with a fair skin tone. She has an attractive Hourglass body shape. She stands at a height of 1.7 m (5 feet and 7 inches) tall and her body weighs around 54 kg (119 lbs.). Her body measurements are 34-26-32 inches. She wears a bra size of 34B and a shoe size of 10(US). Her dress size is 6.5(US). She has a pair of beautiful blue eye and her hair color is Blonde. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
Monica Potter's Net Worth
Monica Potter has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress and model. She also earns from her business "Monica Potter Home". Her major source of wealth is from her acting career. As of 2020, she has an estimated net worth of $3 million. There is no information about her salary and other assets.