Monica Puig Bio, Net Worth, WTA, Tennis, US Open, Age, Facts, Nationality, Olympics, Ranking, Biography, Affair, Boyfriend, Career, Family
Monica Puig Marchan famed as Monica Puig is a Puerto Rican professional tennis player and the reigning Olympic champion as well as a Central American and Caribbean champion and Pan American silver medalist. She successfully became the first athlete to win an Olympic gold medal representing Puerto Rico. In the year 2010, she turned into professional. She plays by right hand. Her coach is Juan Todero.
Gossips and Rumors
- WTA Quebec City: Heather Watson and Monica Puig move to the quarterfinals.
Early Life of Monica Puig
Monica Puig was born on 27th September 1993. Currently, she is 24. She was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Her nationality is Puerto Rican. Currently, her residence is Miami, Florida, USA. Her father name is Jose Puig and her mother name is Astrid Marchan. Her full name is Monica Puig Marchan.
Body Features of Monica Puig
Monica has got an attractive body. She stands 1.70 m tall and has a balanced weight of 64 Kg.
Career of Monica Puig
- Monica started her career from the year 2007 by entering the first tournament at the Prince Cup.
- In the year 2008, she started the season with a surprise run to the final of the Costa Rica Bowl.
- Later, she won two out of three tournaments.
- In the year 2009, she made her breakthrough season.
- In the year 2010, she continued her successes at a higher level and started the year reaching the final of the 32nd International Casablanca Junior Cup.
- She then reached another final a week later at the Coffee Bowl.
- After that, she won the gold medal in the women's tennis singles event at the 2010 Central American and Caribbean Games.
- She also won the Loy Yang Traralgon International defeating Yulia Putintseva of Russia in the year 2011 of January month.
- She then won the singles title in Surprise, Arizona defeating Slovak Lenka Wienerova in straight sets in the same year of February month.
- She received a wildcard into the qualifying draw of the BNP Paribas Open at Indian Wells.
- She also became successful to win the silver medal at the 2011 Pan American Games after defeating Christina McHale of U.S.
- She then entered the WTA Tour's ASB Classic in Auckland, ranked 213 in the world in the year 2012.
- At the $25,000 Andrezieux-Boutheon tournament, she won two qualifying matches and later she lost.
- She won the first $50,000 tournament of her career at Joue-les-Tours, France in the year 2012.
- She reached her first WTA main-draw quarterfinal at the Portugal Open.
- She won her first WTA final in Strasbourg, defeating Silvia Soler Espinosa and also won first place at the WTA Rising Stars Invitational in Singapore in the year 2014.
- She also won the gold medal at the Central American and Caribbean Games in Veracruz, Mexico in the year 2014.
- At the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, She won the women's singles gold medal in the year 2016.
- She has presented the award for Best Female Athlete in Rio 2016 presented by the Association of National Olympic Committees in November of the 2016 year.
- In the year 2018, Puig dispatched Samantha Stosur in the 1st round of the Miami Open and came back from a first set deficit to upset the 2nd seed Caroline Wozniacki in three sets for the fourth top-10 win of her career and a spot in the third round of the Premier Mandatory tournament.
- In the month of May 2018, she announced that she would withdraw from both the French Open and Internationaux de Strasbourg tournaments because of a hip injury.
Affairs of Monica
Monica is possibly single. There is no any proof of her being married or relationship with any man. Her past as present relationship has not been revealed yet. She seems to a career-oriented woman.
Net worth of Monica
The net worth of Monica is estimated to have $1.5 Million as of 2018. Her career prize money is $ 2,400,000 which she earns over the course of her playing career. Her annual earning this year is reported to be $250,000.