Morgan Wallen - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Girlfriend, Wife, Age, Nationality, Career, Facts, Wiki, Height, The Voice, Awards, Tour, Songs, Album, Son
Morgan Wallen is an American country music singer and songwriter from Sneedville, Tennessee. He rose to prominence after appearing on NBC’s talent show program The Voice season 6 in 2014 where his performance in the audition sought the attention of the judges, Shakira and Usher. He is also known for his singles like "The Way I Talk", "Whiskey Glasses", "Up Down", etc.
On September 16, 2020, Morgan Wallen performed his 2018 single "Whiskey Glasses" with his powerful backing band at the 55th Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards. Where he was also nominated as 'New Male Artist of the Year', but that award ultimately went to Riley Green.
He is also active in social media platforms with around 1.4m followers on Instagram @morganwallen and around 371.3k followers on Twitter @MorganWallen. He also runs a self-titled YouTube channel with around 533k subscribers.
What is Morgan Wallen famous for?
- Famous as an American country music singer and songwriter.
Where was Morgan Wallen born?
Morgan Wallen was born on May 13, 1993, in Sneedville, Tennessee, the USA. His birth name is Morgan Cole Wallen. He was born to mother, Lesli Wallen who was a teacher. His father was a Baptist pastor. Besides this, there is no information regarding his father's name. He has two sisters named Ashlyne Wallen and Mikaela Wallen.
He holds an American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He believes in Roman Catholicism.
Regarding his education, he attended Gibbs High School in Corryton, Tennessee where he was offered a scholarship to play baseball in college. However, due to an arm injury, he couldn’t continue in a baseball career, and later he chose to pursue music.
Morgan Wallen's Career Highlights
- Morgan Wallen has an interest in music since his young days. He has also earned piano and violin lessons when he was a child. He used to sing at his local church.
- In the year of 2014, he auditioned on season 6 of NBC's "The Voice". There he sang Collide by Howie Day and got selected by team Usher. However, he was eliminated in episode 17 during the Playoffs round.
- In 2015, Morgan signed to Panacea Records and recorded a catalog of songs, and his debut EP, "Stand Alone" was released on August 24, 2015, by Panacea Records.
- In 2016, he signed a contract with Joey Moi’s Big Loud Records and released his debut single, "The Way I Talk" in July 2016,
- In April 2017, he released a music video for "The Way I Talk".
- On April 27, 2018, he released his debut album, "If I Know Me" which was led by his second single "Up Down" that recorded in Florida Georgia Line. 'If I Know Me' reached number 1 on the Top Country Albums chart after a record-breaking 114 weeks in August 2020.
- On July 30, 2018, the album's third single "Whiskey Glasses" released to country radio and reached number one on the Country Airplay in June 2019. It also became the year-end number one song on country radio for 2019.
- He also made a short appearance on the December 3, 2018 episode of WWE Raw.
- In 2019, Morgan joined Florida Georgia Line on their Can't Say I Ain't Country Tour.
- On May 27, 2020, Morgan released "More Than My Hometown" to country radio as the lead single to his upcoming second studio album.
- On August 14, 2020, Morgan released the song "7 Summers" and it broke a record for the most first-day streams for a country song on Apple Music, giving him his first-ever top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts at number 6.
Morgan Wallen's Awards and nominations
- At the 2019 CMT Music Awards, he was nominated as Breakthrough Video of the Year for "Whiskey Glasses". He was also nominated as New Artist of the Year at the 2019Country Music Association Awards.
- In 2020, he won an iHeartRadio Music Award as Best New Country Artist. The same year, he was also nominated as Country Song of The Year for "Whiskey Glasses" at the iHeartRadio Music Awards.
- He was nominated as New Artist of the Year at the Country Music Association Awards in 2020.
Morgan Wallen's Girlfriend
Morgan Wallen is an unmarried man and enjoying his singlehood. But, he was in a relationship with Katie Smith previously. The couple first met and started dating in 2017 but sadly they parted away later.
On July 10, 2020, Wallen welcomed a son, Indigo "Indie" Wilder with ex-fiancee Katie Smith.
Morgan Wallen's Height
Morgan Wallen is a handsome man with a fair skin tone. He has a slim body build. He stands at a height of 1.83m (6 feet) tall and his body weighs around 68kg (150 lbs.). He has light brown colored hair and a pair of beautiful blue colored eyes. His sexual orientation is Straight.
Morgan Wallen's Net Worth
Morgan Wallen has quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer and songwriter. His major income comes from his songs and album streams. He also earns an extra amount from his self-titled YouTube channel. As of 2020, his net worth is estimated to be $1 million.