Munroe Bergforf - Bio, Net Worth, Transgender, Dating, Boyfriend, Birth Name, Gender, Ethnicity, Age, Facts, Wiki, Model, Height, Measurements, Fired
The Changemaker of the Year, Munroe Bergdorf is a British model and activist who has been a part of the London and NYC Fashion Weeks. She has done campaigning works for Gypsy Sport and Valentine. Also, She was the first transgender model in the UK for L'Oréal but was dropped within weeks after a racial row and again rehired in 2020. Also, She had briefly acted as an LGBT advisor for the Labour Party but resigned the following month citing tabloid pressure. To know more about her through this article.
What is Munroe Bergdorf famous for?
- An English model and activist.
Where is Munroe Bergdorf from?
Going back to her early life, Munroe was born under the birth sign of Virgo to her parents as a boy named Munroe Beaumont in the year 1987. She grew up in a middle-class family in Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex, England. Later, she came out as gay at the age of 15. Her nationality is British and her ethnicity is mixed Afro-Jamaican.
For education, She attended Bentfield County Primary School and then joined in Bishop's Stortford High School. Later, she studied English at the University of Brighton, describing herself there as genderqueer.
What does Munroe Bergdorf do?
- After her graduation, Munroe worked for three years in fashion PR.
- Later, She began gender transitioning at the age of 24 and was the subject of an episode of London Live show Drag Queens of London.
- Also, she co-founded club night Pussy Palace around the same time.
- Her first modeling job was for a Lebanese couture company.
- In 2014, the London Evening Standard referred to her as "a cornerstone of London's trans scene."
- In 2017, She employed as the first transgender model to front a L'Oréal campaign in the UK, being announced as one of 27 models taking part in L'Oréal UK's "True Match" campaign. However, she was fired from by the brand the same year for posting about "the racial violence of white people".
- She said that "white people must admit their race is the most violent and oppressive force of nature on Earth."
- The same year, The UK-based Illamasqua hired him as the face of its Beauty Spotlight campaign, which concerned gender fluidity.
- Also, She was hired by Illamasqua, She gave a verbal performance of Maya Angelou's poem "Still I Rise" for a short film directed by Bec Evans and Laura Kirwan-Ashman.
- In 2018, she was appointed as an LGBT adviser to the Labour Party, which she resigned from the following month.
- She later blamed "Conservative media" for using her as a "political pawn to bring down Jeremy Corbyn" and that the Labour LGBT advisory board was being targeted to be shut down, stating "when I left they went after somebody else, and then when that person left they went after somebody else" to "discredit Jeremy Corbyn".
- In 2019, she has made frequent appearances as a guest commentator on ITV's Good Morning Britain and This Morning.
- The same year, She removed her role as an ambassador for Childline two days after being appointed, when journalist Janice Turner and others questioned her suitability for the post as somebody who had modeled for adult magazine Playboy.
- Several days later, the NSPCC offered her a 'full, frank and unreserved apology' for how it had handled her dismissal.
- Also, she was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Brighton in recognition of her campaigning for transgender rights in July 2019.
- Also, She joined UN Women UK as an advocate in 2019, supporting its #DrawALine campaign, aiming to put a stop to female genital mutilation (FGM).
- In 2020, She joined the L'Oreal Paris diversity and inclusion advisory board after her recent post last Tuesday. "I said just yesterday that it would only be a matter of time before RACIST AF brands saw a window of PR opportunity to jump on the bandwagon ... I'm disgusted and writing this in floods of tears and shaking."
Munroe Bergdorf Relationship
Munroe Bergdorf has never been married nor in a relationship at present. There is no information available regarding her affairs and relationship yet as she is quite a secretive person. She will find herself a perfect partner and settle down soon. We are keeping tabs on her and we will update on once any data surfaces. Further, she is gay.
What is the net worth of Munroe Bergdorf?
Munroe Bergdorf has earned the sum of a good amount of money from her profession as a model and activist in the field of the entertainment industry. As per the online sites, she has reported $5 million net worth as of 2020. She also adds up her fortune through her endorsement work for brands like Gypsy Sport and Valentine.
What is the height of Munroe Bergdorf?
Munroe Bergdorf has a height of 5 feet 6 inches and she weighs around 62 Kg. Her eyes are dark brown and her hair color is black. Further, her body measurements are still under review. Whenever we will be updated, we will let you know.
Trivias About Munroe Bergforf You Need To Know.
- Her real name is Munroe Beaumont.
- She announced herself as a gay at the age of 15.
- In 2017, She voted the eight most influential LGBT person in UK.
- She was fired by L'Oreal within a week of she hired because of her interview with Daily Mail where she stated that all white people are racist.